• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"How can you like THAT Pokémon??"

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Are there any Pokémon that you really like that are... well, atypical? Lots of people like cute Pokémon like Piplup or they like cool ones like Dialga and other legendaries. But have you ever had people stare at you incredulously when you tell them one of your favourites? Or do you have a favourite Pokémon that is so different from your other favourites that you can't even explain why you like it so much?

I get weird looks when I tell people Probopass is one of my favourite Pokémon. Same with Nosepass and Carnivine. XD; I can't even explain WHY I like them so much--it's just... I don't even know. They're so weird looking that I can't help but love them! Dude, Probopass has a nose-fro! But if you compare them to my other favourites (Cherrim, Pichu, etc.) they just... don't match up at all, haha.

So, anyone else? I'm curious. I can't be the only one who has weird tendencies with favourites. :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I've always loved Noctowel. Not many people have flying types amongst their favourites but i really like Noctowel for some reason... I guess thats some what atypical?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I also get weird looks for Giratina because everyone says that Giratina looks like a centipede with legs and Banette, many people find it super random to like it

:t354:TG

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
Years
i always loved lucario and rilou ^___^

reasons:

lucario: cute when asleep in pmd2, very strong XD, has fur *DUH*... looks soft and warm, skilled in the ways of aura

rilou: very cute, somewhat protective of his/her items, still needs aura training but is still awesome

lucario: 99/10
rilou: 98/10

I LOVE THEM!!

Years
I've always loved Noctowel. Not many people have flying types amongst their favourites but i really like Noctowel for some reason... I guess thats some what atypical?

I love flying types also, and Noctowl is definitely one of my favourites also. I don't really know why I love the flying types, but I do. XD Pidgey is also another one of my favourites, maybe because it's really cute? Or maybe something else.

Also, I really like Chikorita, obviously, possibly because in PMD2, my personality test said that I would be a Chikorita.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Well, although I've hopped on the Lucario party boat, I still like Croagunk. Why? Because you can.

Ayselipera

Well everyone bashes it, but I really like Phione.
Also I love Lileep and Cradily<333 Raised one in Ruby and it was amazing.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
well, not many are Wailord fans. So I sometimes I get that "really? o_o" like reply from somebody, because everyone thinks it just sucks, haha. D: Though it's not nearly as different as Nosepass. XD My other favorites are okay, mainly all of them are water-types

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
My friend thinks I'm weird because I like Crawdaunt, saying he would never know that Pokémon existed if I weren't around. Chimecho and Tropius are pretty awesome, too.

Last edited:

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
Years
I've always liked Tentacruel/Tentacool for some reason. Sure, when you're surfing and they're poisoning you and appearing every few squares you move, it can be annoying. But other than that, they're cool, riiiiiight? D:

I also think that Bidoofs are adorable. I just want to give it a big hug and see if it makes a squishy noise. <3

Years
I'm gotten the "dissatisfied" look when I would say my favorite pokemon is Gardevior.
It's so typical, but I really do like that whole evolution line.

I've given my friend a weird look when she started to fan-rant over Spoink. xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
*Scratches head* Not really. :S I guess you could say it's strange for me to love Pokemon such as Azurill, Mantyke etc. (baby forms, basically, with few exceptions ;)) and I'm a boy, as most male who play Pokemon (that I know of IRL) love Pokemon such a Lucario. :P Especially compared to my other favourites, such as Blaziken, Espeon, Lugia etc.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
I really like Spoink and Grumpig, to the point that I'd rather have them instead of any of the other psychic types. >.>" I think they look adorable, and Grumpig is my favorite color (purple).

Also...um. I kind of like Purugly a lot. :x Not very pretty, but a lot of fun to use and a beast of a fighter.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
Within the past year I've grown a little fond of Metagross. Not because it's cute or anything, but because it's stats and moves are awesome and I own a level 100 one on my Diamond version with an attack stat of over 400. xD; Plus he definitely doesn't fit in with most of my other favorites, which consists mainly of the cute Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
0.o...I LIKE GRUMPIG! is like a pig with black things on it! ehehe AWSOME~!

shuckle owns! is like a rock with worms xD

NOSE PASS IS LIKE DA BOMB I LOVE IT SO MUCH I TAUGHT IT DYNAMIC PUNCH AND ZAP CANNON AND LOCK ON AND REST!

OMG BRELOOM IS LIKE SO FUGLY...I LOVE IT!

i LOVE forretress to!

i love pikachu and slowking and rotom and ampharos and driftblim also i love beldum and bronzor cus they are so stupid and i love lunatone and meditite and medicham and electrode and remoraid and rhyperior and cacturne and hitmontop and mamoswine and steelix ehehe mamo-swine!

Last edited:

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
Years
I like all Pokémon, so I know I'd get odd looks if I talked to many of you in real life. I even like the 4th Gen evos/prevos.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I actually like a lot of Pokemon that most people don't really take a second thought at. Here's a list of my absolute favorites:

Raticate - Hyperfang in gen 1 was the BOMB

Sandshrew --> Sandslash - Coming out of Mt. Moon and entering that little patch of grass was my high-point that early in the game, only because of Sandshrew

Psyduck --> Golduck - A psychic duck that evolves into a bad-ass blue duck. What's not to love?

Abra - Just, Abra. I never cared for its evolutions, but all the time and effort it took trying to catch one before it Teleported away was intense

Doduo - A random, giant Kiwi with two heads. Just something about it

Drowzee --> Hypno - Again, my high-point in getting to Vermillion was going into that grassy area full of Gamblers and catching a Drowzee. Hypno only made him even more awesome

and, finally, Jolteon - It was the only Eevee evolution I truly liked, especially considering the other two looked really lame in gen 1

Notice they're all yellow or brown? I have no idea why.

Back