• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~*!*~WHAT THE.............0_0~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
This thread is about the moves of certain Pokemon. Haven't you ever had the what the heck face going on when you found out a certain Pokemon can learn a certain move you would never think of?

I remember having that face, and even thinking that my game was glitched up (just now as well) when I found out that Sneasel can actually learn surf. I was like that in generation one when I found out that Tauros and Rhydon can learn Surf

:t354:TG

Azonic

hello friends
Years
~*!*~ Dugtrio not being able to use Sandstorm in Adv (I think).

Oh, and Mew / Magnezone with Steel Wing. :> ~*!*~

Last edited:

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2009
Can't digglet scratch? I guess i've seen that somewhere
Also I find weird having a surfing pikachu.. It's not the same "SURF" having a board and go surfing or carrying your trainer through the sea ._.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
That type of reaction came to me when I first came to know that Rhydon, Tyranitar and Snorlax could surf! O_o

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I had that kind of reaction when I figured out Prinplup could learn Metal Claw. ._. WTF? It doesn't have any claws! >< That makes more sense for Empoleon. . >.>​

Ayselipera

That Donphan couldn't dig. Yet there are fire pokemon that can do that move.

Last edited:

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2009
T-Tar and Rhydon both can use surf. You should have seen the episode in which a surfing Rhydon appears in front of Ash and co.
I was saying that I don't think they float (T-tar and Rhydon) as Snorlax may do xD
Also Pidgeys can learn fly, and I guess Doduos also can. Let's imagine how cool it is flying on a Pidgey, uh

Years
I was shocked when I found out that Starmie could use Thunder/Thunderbolt.

So many pokemon now can learn moves that aren't even their type. Water pokes that use electric attacks or bug moves. I think it's because of the Battle Frontier in Sinnoh that they decided to give Pokemon various attacks. (To battle in Battle Hall, you need to know various attacks to beat different kinds of Pokemon.) I like it, though. I no longer need a bug type to use Signal Beam, I could just use my Porygon Z.

Edit: (LOL "SHOCKED!!!" JUST NOTICED!)

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
Years
Probably the surfing Raichu.That put a serious dent in my rock-type pokemon.Also when my Groudon learnt Solarbeam on pokemon Ruby. i was like O_o

Leyt

Absolution
Years
I was somewhat surprised that Chatot can learn Heat Wave. But it really helps me out sometimes, so it's pretty nice.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
When I found out that Giratina can learn sunny day.

He's a freakin ghost!

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
Years
That type of reaction came to me when I first came to know that Rhydon, Tyranitar and Snorlax could surf! O_o

Don't forget Aggron, apaprently he's weakened by water when its used on him by other pokemon but regular sea water is harmless enough to make him swim MILES and MILES.....XP

That goes for Tyranitar and Rhydon, too. :P

Also, I just saw Aggron's learnset in Bulbapedia and he can learn almost EVERY TM and HM....o_0

Let's not forget the flying types that can learn Earthquake: Altaria, Dragonite and Raquaza.

I mean, how does something that is OFF THE GROUND and FLYING cause an Earthquake?

T_T

Back