• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Did anyone here get a DS just to play pokemon?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
Almost every Nintendo gaming console I've owned was for a Pokemon game. I bought my DS because I knew Diamond and Pearl would be out in a year or two when I bought it.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
No I didn't get it specially as I got the original DS way before Diamond/Pearl came out :cheeky:

Aero Shock

Avalanche!
Years
Kinda, I got my GameBoy Advanced for Pokémon but i lost it. Then the D/P craze started, but i got a NDS Fat for Nintendogs : Labrador. But then i broke the hinge of the DS so i bought a DSL red specifically for D/P as i got it from a friend for free.

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2009
Nah, my first priority was to try the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series. Could never find the Gameboy versions, so...

Years
I lost interest in Pokemon after gen 2 but then after seeing diamond/pearl being advertised i wanted to play it so i went and bought my DS just to play it.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
Naw
the reason i bought a ds was for animal crossing WW, and pheonix wright
and i never did buy it

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
nope. It was Sonic Rush that made me get my Origional DS...

'course then my 2-year Pokemon Obsession started when DP came out, then the hinge on my Original DS broke, so I got a DSlite so I can keep training. x3

Denzer

Why so serious?
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
I did. I quit pokemon but on december 2007 I decided to get it again so I did.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I did get a DS just for Diamond. I lost my Emerald Version, and was in the store ready to buy a new one. But then, I saw a demo of Diamond and Pearl, so I just decided to wait and save up for it. Good thing, because my friend found my Emerald only a few days after I bought a DS.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
Me!!!

I traded my old DS for a PSP, then D/P came out, and I bought one again! :D
All my games are Pokemon - nothing else

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
The original idea was to get it just for Pokemon and Nintendogs (This was not long after it first came out) But then my interests expanded and now I play more than just Pokemon on my DS.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
No. I got mine to play Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. I realized that it sucked shortly thereafter, and when Diamond came out, I traded in DQM:J to get it.

Years
Yes I bought a DSi just for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Along with a Gameboy Color only for Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. And a GBA for Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, but the GBA served for purposes like Fire Emblem <3.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
Yep, I did when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was about to come out, of course I use it to play other games too.

Ayselipera

Just for Zelda and Pokemon. I don't really play anything else.

Years
Kinda, I got my GameBoy Advanced for Pokémon but i lost it. Then the D/P craze started, but i got a NDS Fat for Nintendogs : Labrador. But then i broke the hinge of the DS so i bought a DSL red specifically for D/P as i got it from a friend for free.
Sheesh, you like the break things! I don't have a DS but I need to get one for Pokemon, but Brain Age also looks fun! Liv Tyler plays it too! =p

Years
No, I had mine since December 2004 which was only a month after the original Nintendo DS was released. At the time, I didn't see myself playing the 4th generation Pokemon games because I lost interest in the franchise. When D/P came out, I couldn't hold it anymore so I got back into Pokemon and plan on staying that way for good.

Back