• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What is so great about mudkip?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
you suck.

j.k

on topic, Mudkip was/is a meme going around the internet alot. Which probably explains "I Herd yu liek Mudkipz" and stuff of the sort

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
Years
Old meme the 4chan's /b/ stole from somewhere. Nothing special, don't go saying "so i hear u liek mudkipz" makes you look like a bloody fool.

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
Years
Well if your talking about in the game series mudkip was probably the best starter. Why? Well look at all the gyms. Swampert counters the first, third, fourth, sixth, and seventh gyms. That leaves only three gyms that need to be countered with other pokemon. After the gyms the elite four for swampert is probably not the best choice.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Whats 4chan? I hear everyone talking about it
I got tired of that meme, but theres another one, called the Mudkip Insane version, its just 2 Mudkips saying its name over and over for 9 minutes and at the end a slowpoke is shown, its really random and stupid

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
But how come no other pokemon get a meme? The other starters are important to..

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I like it cause it's ADORABLE, when it evolve's into Swampert though, I like it cause it's imune to electricity

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
"So I herd u leik mudkipz?"

Anyway, I really don't understand the love of mudkip, treeko is better.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I really don't know what this 'meme' actually is! Is it a saying like the ones in Dewford town?
Btw Mudkip's evolutions are pretty good and can be strong.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
''The term Internet meme is a phrase used to describe a catchphrase or concept that spreads quickly from person to person via the Internet,''

mudkipz
basically, Its from this thing on DA, some guy had a mudkips icon or something, and they decided to use it as an april fools joke where everyones icons turned into "i herd u liek mudkipz"
which became popular and started up a copypasta 4chan story, in which it became even more popular o3o

Last edited:

Leyt

Absolution
Years
Internet forum infancy ITT
''The term Internet meme is a phrase used to describe a catchphrase or concept that spreads quickly from person to person via the Internet,''

mudkipz
basically, Its from this thing on DA, some guy had a mudkips icon or something, and they decided to use it as an april fools joke where everyones icons turned into "i herd u liek mudkipz"
which became popular and started up a copypasta 4chan story, in which it became even more popular o3o

I wasn't aware of the actual source, but I was aware of the somewhat obnoxious meme. This clears some things up.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
Okay so lets say i get a pixel of a rock and put grass and bushes on it and put tortera rocks, it could be a meme?

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
Okay so lets say i get a pixel of a rock and put grass and bushes on it and put tortera rocks, it could be a meme?

If enough people like it, maybe,
or else its a forced meme D8
and therefore fail (usually)

A few other pokemon have become memes, like Slowpokes (if your late to bring up something, or are just slow, you're a slowpoke, pretty simple yes?) , Metapod (for its attack, harden 8O)

but since mudkipz are one of the most recent, its still pretty popular

Last edited:

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009
As far as I remember, the first place I saw this was as a DeviantART april fools joke sometime last year. Everyones avatars were changed to mudkips and when you tried to change the avatar, the browse button was replaced with a large bold 'So I herd u liek Mudkipz' Doctor said it all.

I've seen it everywhere since.

Back