• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What kinds of nicknames do you give your Pokemon?

InfinIcy

I like Metroids.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 27, 2010
I usually give some of my pokemon Metroid-ish names because I love the Metroid games.

My Vaporeon's name is Maridia and as soon as I get a Pokemon that can learn Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and Charge Beam, I'm going to name it Samus. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
when i played platinum,i typically nicknamed them after dbz characters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I rarely give my battling pokemon nicknames...when it comes to extraneous pokemon, I usually give them an odd-sounding nickname that is anagrammatic with their Japanese name. :P

The best example of this is my HM-slave Bibarel being nicknamed "lubdeal"

System!

HM....................... .....
Years
I very rarely give my pokemon nicknames, but I make it a tradition to name my Torchic in Sapphire Kentucky. Why? It's a freaking chicken. I remember in one playthrough in Pearl that I named my Turtwig Irwin (of the long-gone show Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) and Luxray Shadow (as in the hedgehog with the polarizing fanbase).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I give them whatever comes to mind whether it's cool, lame, or just plain stupid. No Pokemon goes unnamed with me as a trainer.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
I give a nickname according to what the pokemon is like or what I want to name it. I name my pidgey Arby. Why? Because I can. And my gastly's name is Nappa, cause he's a beast. And my starter I always name Bullwinkle, no matter what.

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
Years
I name my Pokemon pretty much whatever comes to mind. I was playing too much COD:WAW and I ended up naming my Pikachu Reznov. >_< So, when it comes down to it, I'm pretty random when it comes to names. XD

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
Togekiss:Togezoom (sounds better)
Infernape: Zidane
Espeon: Foxtail
Absol: Chibi
Darkrai: Nightmare
Lucario: Sir Aaron
Blaziken: Wildfire
Meganium: Roosgy (my grass fakemon)
Charizard: Littletail
Milotic: Beauty

Those are some.

Ayselipera

Although once I remember naming my Onyx RocknRoll.
...I was also 7.

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
Uhh, I've named all my male Combee "Worker", "Drone", and stuff like that. Of course, the Vespiquen was named "Queen Bee"

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
All the pokes I use have nicknames, and I'm quite proud of them, actually =D
They're usually a single adjective, or the name of an object(s), like Wings or Scimitar.
I've also named a torterra and venusaur Harold, after the character.

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen Jan 10, 2018
Its rare for me to give pokemon nicknames. If its a pokemon I already have, I either give it a really weird nickname or I just repeat the first part. (Example, My 2nd chikorita is named "Chichi")

But kidding around, I nicknamed my boy Cacnea "Becky". XD

Years
Lately, I have been naming my Pokemon in Pearl and Platinum after different musicians/singers. It is mostly whatever I am listening to at the time, but I occasionally find an appropriate nickname for someone.

Back