• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Moments That Make You Cry

Years
I have a question for you: in all of the Pokemon franchise in media (manga, anime, games), has there ever been a moment that amde you tear up. For me definatly when i beat the Elite Four XD i tear up in happiness. Also, during the first movie, man i cried so much. also whenever a trainer leaves his/her pokeon in the anime.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
In no particular order...

→ Pikachu's Goodbye
→ "The Time Has Come" (lmao related to the above but I still tear up sometimes when I hear it XD)
→ opening sequence to first movie for sheer nostalgia factor
→ end of Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
→ Lucario movie :(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years

→ Pikachu's Goodbye
→ "The Time Has Come" (lmao related to the above but I still tear up sometimes when I hear it XD)

I hate Pikachu as a pokemon with a violent ferver...

...But that episode of the anime does still get me emotionally worked up whenever I see it or hear that song. >_>

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I actually cried at the "ending" of PMD and PMD2 XD The first was a little sad, even though I knew you would come back, but the second was really sad because Groyvle sacrificed himself and never came back and when you had left, your partner was really sad, so I felt sad, too XD Story-wise, PMD2 is my favourite out of all the Pokemon games I've played.

Years
I only have two.

The fighting sequence of the first movie with all of the Clone Pokemon fighting with the original.
The before the ending and after of PMD2

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
Years
-Weezing and Arbok's departure
-Charizard's departure
-Butterfree's depatrure

The saddest though for me is when Misty left, I was absolute crushed because the show was never the same to me after that. Kanto and Johto will always be my favorites. I am a guy, but I can't help but tear a little everytime I watch that episode.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I was said with Charizard leaving and Ash almost leaving Pikachu that one time. The music made the atmosphere so sad.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
-Weezing and Arbok's departure
-Charizard's departure
-Butterfree's depatrure

The saddest though for me is when Misty left, I was absolute crushed because the show was never the same to me after that. Kanto and Johto will always be my favorites. I am a guy, but I can't help but tear a little everytime I watch that episode.

...the irony in that last paragraph being that the theme of your avvy/sig is that of a character that ultimately replaced Misty. XD

oh, and I forgot all about the episode where Weezing and Arbok were released, that made me sad as well. That episode made it obvious that Jessie and James are unlike other Rockets in the fact that they actually care about their pokemon. T_T

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
I'm a real poon, I've cried at anything remotely dramatic. I vigorously cried at the end of the first movie, when all the Pokemon were fighting each other and Pikachu was trying to revive Ash. Such a cruel world.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I didn't actually cry but these are the sad moments:

-When Pikachu Almost Left
-When Misty Left
-When Butterfree was set free
-When Pidgeot was set free

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I hate Pikachu as a pokemon with a violent ferver...

...But that episode of the anime does still get me emotionally worked up whenever I see it or hear that song. >_>
Then it's even worse for me because I actually really like Pikachu. ;__;

Azonic

hello friends
Years
- Pikachu's Goodbye
- End of Mystery Dungeon... first time I cried to a video game too. 8D
- First movie, where Ash is fossilized omg ;;
- Manaphy movie
- Lucario movie
- Bah who am I kiddin', most of the Pokemon movies out there made me cry. XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
  • Butterfree's departure
  • Ash being turned to stone
  • Misty's departure

Damn, the amine was awesome back in the day.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
- When Ash was turned to stone

I laughed at that part of the movie. Really loudly.

- When Pikachu and his clone were slapping each other in the face in the 1st movie
- When "Papa" had to leave Molly
- When I started a new file on Pokemon Sapphire after a great first file
- When Arbok and Weezing left Jessie and James (that got the most tears out of me out of all of these)
- When Ash, Brock, and Misty split up

Back