• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Languages Week

Years
I have been thinking about if PC should have a languages week...

Where for a whole week we post in another language and the English translation underneath. I think this would be quite a fun idea and also quite eductational.

Also, you can get a funky emblem for being active throughout languages week...

So, how does it sound?

Years
Oh lord no... That'd be a pain, and hardly anyone would bother going through the trouble of getting a translation. Not to mention that the translation might (and probably will) be wrong. :\

We come here to get away from school. No-one cares if it's educational, barring the elementary teachers on here. =P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
^ That , and who will actually learn our local language ?, its rather pain and people are fine speaking English all the time

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I like the idea of this, but whoever doesn't know the language most likely would google up on it and see what it means. So basically, it could cause cheating.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
I'LL DO IT!

I will spread my knowledge of the English language across PC, thus effectively teaching everyone on PC English!

...But wait? What's this!? Everyone knows English already? I must be way better than I thought!

Years
I have been thinking about if PC should have a languages week...

lol stolen from UK schools

I don't want an 'international dimension' to peoples' posts, I don't want to see awful translations into <insert European language here> made by little kids who've been studying it for six months, and I don't want to see every weeaboo on this forum posting in Babelfish-grade Japanese.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Spanish: No.

Translation: No.

It seems like a really pointless idea to me. Make a thread in OVP if you really care to learn what languages people speak. Besides that, some people might not speak another language and it'd be rather unfair for them to not receive the emblem because they can't if the whole point of this "week" is for languages.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
No...just no. Google Translate wouldn't cut it for us, and a whole week of other languages would hurt my eyes. I can't be bothered selecting the text, translating it, then trying to make sense of the new words. It's pointless on this forum, and I don't think anyone else would think otherwise.

Back