• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tv Show and Movies

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if any of y'all know how the tv show and movies come into play together. I have googled it and nobody agrees on it. Some watch the first movie right after episode 64, some say the entire first season, and some say after palate town panic, which is the first episode of orange island, which makes no sense. So I just watched episode 63, battle of the badge, and ash gets the 8th badge and we see mewtwo, so I'm guessing that would be a good point to watch the movie, but ash still has pidgeotto and he doesn't in the movie? So when should I watch it, and how does the other movies interact with the other episodes. Thanks for y'alls help.

Bex

She said pud then ding!!
Years
I'm watching it from pokemonepisode .org.
And they have the first movie after ep74

The second one after 105. So that's the way I followed it, from that place.

But it seems the movies never even happen in the anime. And have nothing to do with the TV show.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I mean technically you can place the movies in a timeline, but the TV series completely cuts them out anyways, so why bother trying to map them in? :|

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
Well I'm watching them with two other people who I just got into pokemon. So I figured it would be cool to map them in for them instead of confusing them with ash having all these different pokemon and stuff like that. I mean what if I watched the movie while ash still had charmander instead of charizard, that would have been lame to go back to him just having charmander. And him fighting mewtwo then go back and many episodes later Gary fights mewtwo. I dunno I just want to map them in.
Thanks Bex for that tip.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
Years
Well, there isn't really a definite answer to this question as everyone has a different view on the matter.

If you look at the release dates: according to http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/epguide/epguide_1.html as well as bulbapedia, the first movie made it's debut in the theaters on July 18 1998, which is two days after "The Case of the K-9 Caper" air. Ash Pokemon team will match the team he has in the series. But timeline-wise it doesn't make sense to me.

As for my personal opinion: I think the movie should be watched a few episodes after "The Battle of the Badge" (somewhere between episode 64 and 73?), because in the movie it has a small cameo with Gary battling Mewtwo which also serves as a flashback. As far as I remember Ash Pokemon team should still match his team in the movie.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I think it goes right after the one (i can't remember which it is), where Team Rocket go to their base to find it destroyed, with Giovanni and Persian only just standing, and you see Mewtwo flying away. So it has to be right after that, surely?

And the stuff bout Charmander, if you deem us all wrong, just watch it after "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon", where it evolves

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
I watched it right after battle of the badge. it worked out decently, cept in battle of the badge he used pidgeotto and in the movie you never see his pidgeotto, which is sad imo but ohwell. I reckon it does work out. It showed the scene of gary battling mewtwo so that worked out. and considering the fact that they end up not remembering what happened. What didnt work out well was the fact that at the end of battle of the badge giovonni leaves with mewtwo on a special mission. and at the beginning of the movie mewtwo destroys the hide out. so yeah. Ill check out the time line of the releases like you mentioned on bulbapedia. Thanks again.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
Ok I watched the movie after episode 63. I just watched 64,65,and 66. Well 65 & 66 ash still has charmander instead of charizard what the heck is up with that?!?!?!?

Back