• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Charity Event

Years
After watching Children In Need last night, I figured out how sad it must be for the young uns'. I was hoping that we could start a donation (prefably Children In Need) this year and end the donation in the next year?

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
After watching Children In Need last night, I figured out how sad it must be for the young uns'. I was hoping that we could start a donation (prefably Children In Need) this year and end the donation in the next year?

A charity? sounds good to me but, how is PokeCommunity going to organize this donation?.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Well, maybe, if possible, we could have another donate button saying that one is for donating to charity. The other one to become a PC supporter.

I don't know if the admins will do such a thing though, but they might have a discussion about it in the staff forum.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
As much as I like seeing people donate for a good cause, if a person honestly wanted to donate, they could just go to the site and donate themselves.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Not meaning to sound arrogant or anything, but why should PC set up a charity donation? Surely if one wants to donate to a charity, one can do it by going to that charity's official website or by donating on the spot to people who are collecting for it. And on top of that, how would the staff decide which charity to choose out of every charity there is?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I don't mean to sound mean, but why should PC get involved? There are hundreds of donation sites out there.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
Well, maybe, if possible, we could have another donate button saying that one is for donating to charity. The other one to become a PC supporter.

I don't know if the admins will do such a thing though, but they might have a discussion about it in the staff forum.

You do have a point. I think it'll work but, it might take awhile before they make their final desciosn...about this charity idea.

Zet

Years
Kinda pointless to set up a charity when a majority of members can't even donate to become a supporter due to lack of not having a paypal account or any other donation methods.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Um, considering PC itself doesn't even make enough from donations to cover all the costs of the server and whatnot, I don't see why we'd start a separate donation drive for something unrelated. Not to sound heartless or anything, but I'd rather keep funds for PC. It'd be nice idea if we were self-sustaining but otherwise, I just don't see it working out. We don't even have the means/popularity to do something like some other gaming sites do (ie, speedrun gaming marathons for charity, etc.) Plus, considering how young our member base is, it just wouldn't work out.

Besides, if anyone actually wants to spend their money to donate to a charity, they're probably going to go out of their way to donate to one locally or through the charity's own site. :/ Having two paypal donation buttons would just be confusing.

Last edited:

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
Well now that I think about it. I guess Lightning and Zet doe's have a point. I mean, if paypal was that easy to donate to I'm guessing there be a lot of PC supporters. So, I don't even know if there is a point in this idea anymore. I mean it is nice and all but, Lightning is right. Having two buttons for paypal may be confusing...

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
Years
One of the buttons could have a picture of the Charity that we'd donate to...

Hm, even so.
But, this would have to be donated by a paypal account wouldn't it?.
Besides, the staff and other member's here will probably need a to write rules about it too... It's not like it can be easly done either.

Back