• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Talk to -ME-!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm sure many of you have had situations where people have spoken bad  about you behind your back.
I was wondering who has actually had an experience where someone spoke openly about you while you were around, yet either sublty tried to mask that they were referring to you, or even in some cases, used code names to pretend they were referring to someone else. while talking openly within earshot of you?

Sounds silly, but back in gradeschool, I had a "friend" who'd talk bad about me to another girl right in front of my face, but used a code name for me because I wore my hair curly one time (I wont post the nickname here because it was offensive.)

What are your experiences with it? How did you deal with it? Did you later confront that person about it? What happened?

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
Mm, usually this one girl in my class will call me a retard.
Because of my Asperger's Syndrome [a kind of autism].
I get blank spots sometimes and it's not my fault >:
I just have to ask people to repeat the question.
It doesn't much help on tests >____>

But other than that people pretty much like me.
I'm a likable person.

Melody

Banned
Years
I dealt with it all through school, but I never really was the confrontational type so I'd just ignore people like that, because I felt that people who got into gossip like that were too shallow to be my friends anyway. Seriously, even since I was a young child, I've always been intolerant of shallow people who spread gossip.

That being said, I always hate it when people gossip about others, and a quick way to get on my bad side is to gossip about a friend of mine.

Honest

Hi!
Years
All year in 7th and 8th grades, but I did it to him as well. I actually liked the drama we made, but in the end, I won.

I didn't like how he went behind my back, though, and told this girl I liked her. Cause I didn't. >_> I just thought she was cute.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
Aha. People always talk about me. Behind my back, to my face, they all do and I know they do.
I don't argue about it - I just tell them I know.

Back