• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
HEY, CHAMP TO BE, Welcome To The HeartGold/SoulSilver MONOTYPE CHALLENGE! This is a challenge where you will have to complete either game using ONE type only. Refer to the rules below before posting something that could easily be answered.

Rules:
1) Dual-Types are allowed.
2) You have beat your challenge when you defeat the Ellite Four, the Champion and ALL of the Gym Leaders, both Johto and Kanto. Don't forget red either.
3) You are allowed to do one type, even if someone else is.
4) It isn't a race, so no need to rush!
5) No trading please, unless it is for evolution purposes (There are exceptions to this).
6) Obviously, no cheating or hacking.
7) You may use emulators.
8) Only use Pokemon under your type
9) At least one Pokemon, must be caught before Violet City. If you have not caught a Pokemon of your type by then, use your starter until you do.
10) Please update frequently, and when you do, try to include what you've done, your team so far, and try to make it interesting.
11) No Legendaries.
12) If your team doesn't have a Pokemon that can use HM moves that you need, you are allowed 1-2 HM slaves that will be able to do those things.
13) You can have a Pokemon that isn't your type if it will evolve into that type at some stage
14) Have fun!
15)If you have a question, contact me via VM, PM, or on this thread.
16)ABSOLUTELY NO RULE BREAKING. I've completed this challenge before and I know it's possible without cheating. I'm considering a No tolerance policy so be wise and play clean.
17)Egg Rule
Spoiler:

It is recommended you pick Totodile as a starter since he learns 4 of the 8 HM's. (1,3,5,7) Thanks to Porygon z for pointing that out.

Members:
Fire:
Spoiler:

Water:
Spoiler:

Grass:
Spoiler:

Electric:
Spoiler:

Flying:
Spoiler:

Ice:
Spoiler:

Dragon:
Spoiler:

Dark:
Spoiler:

Rock:
Spoiler:

Ground:
Spoiler:

Fighting:
Spoiler:

Psychic:
Spoiler:

Normal:
Spoiler:

Poison:
Spoiler:

Bug:
Spoiler:

Steel:
Spoiler:

Ghost:
Spoiler:

The Champions:
Spoiler:

Userbars (credit to Arcelio and Iceknight212)

Spoiler:

Please follow this format to sign up.

Username:
Type:
Version:

Last edited:

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
Years
EJ. , I have Deleted my save file , but I will start this challenge once again if I download the ROM , but i'm currently working on finishing SS , So please remove me from the list for the moment. Thanks :)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Will do, just let me know when you want back in. I wanna see some champions in here =]

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
^Noted.

List has been updated with all the current challengers.

Keep it coming guys =]

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2012
Guess I should do an update :D
Currently: Grinding for E4 fight.
*Updated* Team:
Spoiler:

Playtime: 24 hrs,23 min

Progress :D
Beat the elite 4 Yay. Soft-reseted through the credits, Flew to Olivine city and boarded the S.S. Anne

Last edited:

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
Years
Count Me In Pal !!

In game Name : Lloyd
Version : Soul Silver
Monotype Water Challenge
Team : Poliwrath / Slowbro / Gyarados(Shiny :p)/Kingdra/Lapras/Quagsire

Alright , My Progress :

Ran The Erran for Prof Elm./Mr pokemon with a chikorita , skipped the most trainers I could and went to violet city.Caught Myself a Wooper :) First member of my team.Got back to face the trainers and trained on some geodudes at the dark cave. Currently facing the elder of Sprout tower , my wooper is level 12 so its pretty hard , i'll make sure to train it some more before falkner !

My Team :

Wooper : Level 12

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2022
In-game name: Z
Version: HeartGold [Rom]
Type: Flying
Pokemon: Crobat, Dragonite, Togekiss, Xatu, Mantine, Jumpluff

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'll add in you guys, good luck.

Firemonotype.png

I made this... I don't know why. do you want it? of course, I could always edit it to how you like it as well.

if you could add in a border, it'd be just fine. Thanks =]

My ice challenge is on hiatus so don't expect much from me for a while.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
You could just post your progress. That keeps the thread around and hopefully it attracts more challengers to compete and who knows, eventually we could add in prizes, etc.

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
Years
Yeah thats what i planned to do , it just double posted Lol well currently I just cam back from wal-mart and i'm training on Mareeps/Bellsprouts to face falkner , wooper is now level 16... U_u falkner is so hard , but bugsy will be easy !

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
xxChazxx said:
I'm signing up!

Username: xxChazxx
Type: Bug
Version: HeartGold

I will start out with a starter (obviously) and catch a Spinarak and a Caterpie and evolve them before Violet gym for my first installment of the challenge (Scyther and Heracross will have to wait a bit).

My entry from the previously locked thread. I haven't updated yet, so that's what I plan to do here.

~All went as planned and I caught a Spinarak and a Caterpie and a Sentret (soon to be HM slave) before the first Gym and placed my starter in storage.
~I evolved the Caterpie into a Butterfree, making Faulkner a walk in the park.
~The trip through Union Cave was a challenge to say the least, with the Rock Pokemon and the Fire Breathers...
~I finally made it to Azalea and saved the Slowpoke. I went into the Gym and beat Bugsy (Butterfree learned Gust and made him easy).
~I made my way to Ilex Forest and had to fight my rival before going inside... My rival, Silver, had a Quilava by this time, and proved a worthy opponent (I still won though).
~Ilex Forest wasn't anything special, and I caught a Paras too!
~I taught the Sentret from before Headbutt which allowed me to catch a Heracross on Route 33.
~My Sentret evolved into a Furret and I now have my HM slave.
~I am now at the base of Goldenrod on Route 34, training my Heracross for the fight with Whitney. It has just learned Brick Break and will prove useful.

My team is as follows:

Heracross Level 19:
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Horn Attack
Endure

Butterfree Level 20:
Tackle
Sleep Powder
Gust
Confusion

Spinarak Level 20:
Poison Sting
Night Shade
Leech Life
Shadow Sneak

Paras Level 8:
Scratch
Stun Spore
PoisonPowder
Cut

Furret Level 16:
Scratch
Headbutt
Fury Swipes
Quick Attack

So, this is my progress, and I hope I'm still in the contest.

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
Years
EDIT

My Progress :

Finished training Wooper to level 15 it learned Slam :) and then challenged Falkner... The battle last about 5 minutes : Pidgey Used tackle , Wooper Used Slam , pidgey faints and then slam potion slam potion because he kept going on and on with roost on his darn pidgeotto U_u

Current Team :

Wooper Level 16

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
Well, this is actually my first time playing Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver, so if I sound really surprised, that's why. I'm doing the Normal-type Challenge, for anyone that's forgotten.

• Started the no$zoomer and the no$gba with it. Started up my Pokémon SoulSilver ROM, and set off.
  • Named myself 'Gold', as that's what 'Ethan''s name should be in all Pokémon games.
  • Walked downstairs, spoke to my mother, and she gave me, not only the ability to SAVE, but she gave me a bag, a card that I can clip badges to (like I'll ever need that), and... wait for it... OPTIONS! That's right, your mom gives you options. How, I don't know, but she did it.
  • Went outside, only to be attacked by a Marill. I fought valiantly, but I am but a human. Right before the Marill struck the finishing blow, it was whisked away by Lyra/Kotone/Where The **** Crys? My life was spared on this day, and I shall always remember it.
  • Spoke with this extremely rude redheaded boy. He kicked me, just for trying to talk to him! Can you believe that!? The nerve of some people. I think he hurt me too...
  • After being crying to my mom about mean, redheaded brats, I walked off to the Elm Pokémon Lab. There's still that redheaded mean guy standing outside the window, which makes me wonder if he's a stalker. And, if he's a stalker, who exactly is he stalking, and why? Prof. Elm? Does that count as reverse-pedophilia or something?
  • Got to play with the really cool PokéBall Machine. Rotate the balls, then look inside them!
  • Eventually got bored and chose a Totodile, to help me combat the Geodudes as I search for Teddiursa.
  • My new Totodile keeps following me, and showing off his fangs. Help...
  • The weird assistant, that has no first or last name, refuses to help me. Instead, he gives me some Potions. Ones that don't work on humans. So, if Totodile decides to kill me, and I somehow wound it, it can just take the Potions out of my bag and heal itself. How nice of him.
  • Saved three times, just like a separate forum said to do, to make sure the file is actually saved. I still don't get why Nintendo went to such great lengths to protect this game from piracy though. I already bought the game, I just have to wait for it to ship. So, I decided to play the ROM as I wait, only to get a handful of problems. This better not happen with Pokémon Black and White...
  • Walked out of the lab, resigned to my fate.
  • OH DEAR GOD, IT'S THE MARILL AGAIN! TOTODILE, KILL IT!
  • According to Lyra, the Totodile that wants to kill me is cute. Does no one see the killer beast that Totodile hides inside himself other than me?
  • Apparently, I should talk with my Pokémon. Why? They can only say their name, which means their conversations must suck. I know a thousand words, and my conversations still suck.
  • BRB, GONNA GO SHOW THIS KILLING MACHINE TO MY MOTHER.
  • My mother compliments Totodile, like everyone freaking else so far, then gives me my PokéGear. Whatever happened to just giving me a map, a Pokémon, and telling me to get the **** out of the house? That's the way I saw Pokémon Red at least.
  • My mother insists on explaining how to use a phone. Mom, I'm ten. I think I understand the basics of a phone. Why I have to go out with this bloodthirsty creature and hurt other animals is what really baffles me. Isn't this animal abuse?
  • Finally spoke to my Totodile. He was staring intently at the sky. When I reminded him that you can't kill the sky, he glared at me.
  • Why is there an exclamation point coming out of my skull? ...I blame Totodile.
  • Prof. Elm gave me his PokéGear number. Why, I'm not too sure. If this guy turns out to be a pedophile, I'm moving to Cherrygrove. He then tells me he'll call is 'something comes up', which sounds like an innuendo.
  • Walked out onto Route 101. The adventure begins! Started walking through the grass to reach Cherrygrove. I could have sworn someone said that Wild Poké...
  • OH DEAR GOD, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT RAT!? Why is it purple!? Is that blood!? Kill it, Totodile!
  • Totodile killed it with minimal effort, showing its true nature as a feared, ferocious killer with no remorse for the living.
  • Okay, now a pigeon appeared. Not as strange as the killer rat, but not exactly normal. Why is it brown though? Aren't pigeons usually black or white?
  • That pigeon hit my Pokémon! This transgression can not go unpunished! Totodile, destroy!
  • Totodile learned Water Gun. Yeah, that's just what I needed. Give it more weapons to take me out with.
  • Talked to a guy that was waiting for a Pokémon that appears at night. Wouldn't it make more sense to just go to sleep during the day, wake up at night, and then go look for it?
  • I found a tree! It doesn't have anything on it though, except for leaves, which I can't take because.... wait, why can't I take the leaves!?
  • Found another rat, only this one looks more squirrel-like. Doesn't matter though, cause Totodile killed it before I could get a better look at it, that bastard.
  • After Totodile murdered all those poor animals, we finally reached Cherrygrove. Let me tell you, if this is how the entire journey is going to be like, I wanna retire now...
Current Team

Spr_4h_158.png

Name: Totodile
Type: Water
Attacks: Scratch/Leer/Water Gun
Level: 6

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
Years
Hmm well, I'm starting to get kinda bored of my "Ninja" playthrough on my Soul Silver...once I get my main team transfered to my Heart Gold, I'll restart for the monotype challenge.

Username: KnilShadowLink
Type: Poison
Version: SoulSilver

(Jasmine's going to be incredibly difficult.)

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
yeah xxchazzxx you're still in.

Lololololol arcelio.

Hmm well, I'm starting to get kinda bored of my "Ninja" playthrough on my Soul Silver...once I get my main team transfered to my Heart Gold, I'll restart for the monotype challenge.

Username: KnilShadowLink
Type: Poison
Version: SoulSilver

(Jasmine's going to be incredibly difficult.)

Catch a gastly, evolve it to gengar and teach it the focus blast tm. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back