• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorry, you have to redo your paper. It's way too sloppy.

Honest

Hi!
Years
This thread is about penmanship, or how neat you can write. I remember how I used to have extremely sloppy handwriting back 5 years ago, but now, I'm very neat (so I say so anyway...) Anyways, my questions to you are:

Are you a neat writer?
Have you improved in your penmanship ever?
Do you generally write in print, or in script/cursive?
Have you actually ever had to redo a paper because of sloppy handwriting?

Feel free to include any thing else that's interesting!

Ayselipera

For the past couple years I have been.

Fourth grade was the year I made it my goal to have better penmanship. I used to write like a guy which made me feel so manly. :/ So I just started writing slower and actually trying. Now it's a work of art. :D

Strictly print. I hate cursive with a passion.

When I was in first grade my teacher made me re do a paper because of that. She was also a you know what so go figure.

An interesting thing to add would be that when I was going through those 'make my handwriting look better years' I'd switch from writing extremely small to enormous letters. I've found a happy medium now though.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Are you a neat writer?
Yeah, I guess. My teachers say so :o.

Yeah, during the past couple of years, I think I have.

I prefer cursive. But print is more comfortable.

No..:D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Are you a neat writer?
I am. A lot of the people I've come to know always tease me in saying how girly my handwriting happens to be. I have a lot of different types and styles of handwriting, and every time I pick up a pen, it's never the same - or even relatively the same - from the last thing I had to write.

Obviously, considering none of us are exactly born as the modern day John Hancock. Penmanship can always be improved. I think the reason I have such neat handwriting is because when I was little my mom always made me redo my homework if it was sloppy.

I write in print.

The only person who ever made me redo anything was my mom, like I said. When I was younger, I had to turn in neat homework (since around 2nd grade she started judging my work based on my penmanship). It's a good thing, because most of the people I know write in chickenscratch and that's just very illegible.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Are you a neat writer?
Nope, I'm as sloppy as they come.

Actually, since graduating high school, it's gotten worse. College lectures go by so quickly that you have to speed up your writing considerably and it naturally becomes even sloppier

Print. cursive takes too long for my brain. XD

I type up all of my papers because of my sloppy handwriting.

2qlhmdt.jpg

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Are you a neat writer?
Nope not particularly, there are those SOME days where I like to write neat.
Yes, a little bit but it's still messy.
Not to sure what that means O_O
Yes my english and maths teacher makes us redo work if it is not readable.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Are you a neat writer?
Yes actually. I have pretty neat handwriting.

I think my handwriting has improved from a couple years ago.

Always print. I hate writing in cursive Dx

Nope xP

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Are you a neat writer?
No.

If anything, it's gotten sloppier :o I blame computers.

I print. It's far easier for me. Not that it's any easier for others to read, lol

Like, back in middle school, maybe. Then i started doing them on the computer. Problem solved.

.hack

skunkape
Years
I'm not a neat write and I've never been bothered to try and improve it. Writing in print is easier to understand than my writing however looks worse, so I do it every now and again. I've had to redo tons of stuff because of it =/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I decided to write out my answers since it seemed appropriate. n_n

picture.php

picture.php

You can see how my penmanship actually goes down hill as I continue down the page. XD;

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Are you a neat writer?
Only if I need to be.

I think my handwriting went downhill after I got out of middle school. XD

I usually write in print. I can barely even remember what cursive looks like.

Nope. Never. My papers have always been the very neatest I could make them. =3​

Years
Are you a neat writer?
I'd like to say so. What's more important, though, is that when I want to, my handwriting can me tiny. Although these days, I think it's steadily getting bigger. :p

Of course. My handwriting used to look like chicken scratch.

Print, unless I have to write in cursive. That made 5th grade fun, as we were required to write in cursive sans one assignment. My print is neat, but my cursive, due to lack of use, is awful. That, and I can print 10x faster than I can do cursive, so when taking notes, that's all I can use.

Not that I recall.

Anyway, this is somewhat relevant. Sadly I think that's rather sloppy for me. Whatever. :p

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
Years
Are you a neat writer?
I wouldn't say that I have the BEST penmanship, but its not that bad either...
I don't think so... maybe a little..
Print. I despise cursive. Mine's is very messy :/
Nope. Why? Because I tend to type out everything instead of turning in my horrible penmanship work -.-

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Are you a neat writer?
No. I'm too lazy to provide a sample, so a little bit is in this picture.
Spoiler:

Not really, somewhat since Elementary school. It's been pretty much unchanged since 2003-2004 ish.

Print, it's actually faster and "cleaner" than my cursive.

I type all of my important papers.

Years
Are you a neat writer?
Not in the slightest. XD;

Yes, I have... but sadly, not enough to make it look any good. XD;

I write in print because it's easier... and at that, I tend to write in all caps sometimes to make it easier to read. But my standard handwriting looks worse than most people's shorthand. D;

Well, not from memory... because we've always had the option to type it, and most of my instructors have pretty high skills for reading poor handwriting. XD

Years
Good penmanship counted for a sizable portion of the marks in Vietnam (10% maximum), so I was a very neat writer in my youth...by American standards that is. I was touted as having one of the neatest handwriting in class in America, but derided as one of the worst in my old class in Vietnam. I used to write in cursive but have adopted print over the years. I haven't improved; in fact, I went the opposite direction: my handwriting is now messier than ever. 8D; Nonetheless legibility has never been an issue for me.

Years
Are you a neat writer?

I suppose so. Though at times when I'm in a hurry to write a lot down my writing gets very big (by my standards).

Well, of course I have, almost everybody does.

I actually kind of wish I'd gotten into the habit of cursive, but after the initial teaching of it in 3rd grade the teacher's pretty much forgot about it. Then, in 6th grade our teacher's suddenly said we have to complete all of our assignments in cursive, and we were all screwed. So, yeah, I write in print.

Yeah, 3rd grade my teacher said I had to redo this huge (for a 3rd grader) assignment because my handwriting was too large, even though I only had to use the page given to me. Then, when it was finally to her satisfaction I hadn't even taken up half the paper. Freakin' LA teachers...

Years
Are you a neat writer?

Not really. If I write stuff more slowly, my handwriting is much easier to read. However, whenever I have to take notes, my handwriting will be extremely sloppy because I am a slow writer and I try to keep up with the professor before they move on.

Nope, I still have the same old handwriting as before.

I write in print almost exclusively. The only time I write in cursive and when I need to sign something.

Can't remember the last that happened. All of my most recent papers were required to be typed out. I don't think I have handwritten an essay since my junior year of high school.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
My handwriting is so horrible, it's only good for math... and that's it. Trust me, it's a lot sadder than it sounds :(

As a result, I type out all my homework that requires pencil and paper. Only math is when I write anything at all. Good thing the school I'm going to is much more technology orientated.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Penmanship has always been a major factor for me when it comes to writing. I find it important to be as legible and neat as possible when writing a paper, note, story, etc. Most of my peers comend me for my neat handwriting, but I put it off as simple flattery. My mother often criticizes my handwriting whenever she sees me write, so I am doubtful of whether my handwriting is neat or not.

Whenever someone asks me why my handwriting is so neat, I simply reply by telling that I was taught how to write properly back when I was really young, three years old to be exact. So, I had lots of time practicing my penmanship. However, cursive has always eluded my attention. I stopped writing cursive ever since my teacher taught me it in 5th grade. To be honest, it has gotten worse since then. I have always preferred using print handwriting rather than the aforementioned.

Back