• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maturity.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 1, 2010
Well.. the title sums it up.

1. What is maturity for you?
2. Are you mature?
3. What do you think about immature people?

1:Maturity isn't not ever laughing at the childish jokes, and "stupid little kid" things.. it is knowing when is the right time to laugh and not laugh at those.
2:I would say so. At least, I hope.
3:They can get on my nerves, but usually I can ignore them.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
1) Maturity is the ability to act responsibly regardless the outcome or the sacrifices
2) I do believe I'm mature, yes.
3) They tick me off generally, but I try to better them and improve on them by rubbing a good influence on them, so-to-speak.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
Years
not being able to take things seriously
acting childish/foolish all the time
stupid jokes (i.e. "that's what she said" @ something that is perverted by a long stretch)

2. Are you mature?
most of the time i would think

oh right, i say "chicken butt" a lot, hehe..

they're rather annoying

Melody

Banned
Years
Knowing when you can clown around, and let your inner child run free, and when you must behave and act like an adult.
2. Are you mature?
Yes
They're annoying. Though I do try to lead by example and politely try to point out ways they can be more mature.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
1. Maturity is selflessness and taking responsibility. It's also knowing how to be diplomatic.
2. I think I am most of the time.
3. Immature people's opinions won't be changed so it's best to humor them.

Years
I think you summed it up pretty nicely.

2. Are you mature?
*looks at my older posts... NO. ToT I've been told I'm on the same mental level as a 9 year old.

I LAUGH WITH THEM.

Years
Knowing when to act your age or act like a kid.

2. Are you mature?
I'd like to think so.

Tolerable until they so something I dislike.

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
Years
Being able to know when to do something; be it laughing, consulting, insulting, consoling, and being able to have fun when needed, but don't go over the top.

2. Are you mature?
Yeah, except for the various jokes. ;D

They either can; Tick me off or make me laugh.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
1. Knowing when and when not to act like an idiot.
2. ^ in that sense, I guess so.
3. Meh, they don't bother me too much. Let them get on with it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
In a human context: able to be self-responsible.

2. Are you mature?
No.

Not much; most everyone takes up the reins of their life eventually.

Akari

Man
Years
In my personal opinion, it's the ability to give respect to others when it's due and to be honest in action and mind at all times.
2. Are you mature?
As much as I'd like to say I am mature for my age, it's probably just bitterness and mistrust that makes me act the polite way I do. D: Otherwise, I still get a laugh here and there at various immature jokes.
I only wish that they would realize that what they're doing isn't amusing in the least.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Being able to know when you upset others, when you do something wrong, and being able to admit that to those you've hurt and yourself.

2. Are you mature?
I'd like to think so, even though the general personality I have is a childish one, I believe I've got a decent sense of maturity that has come through a combination of experience, years, and my relationships with those around me.

I wish them luck. They aren't the sort of people I waste much time thinking about and wish them luck in maturing and doing better with their lives. Of course this is just based on what I think, someone else might see me as totally immature and think the same.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023

When you can discuss something without being childish and when you take responsibility for your actions.
2. Are you mature?

Nope.

They're perfectly fine, and I find them to be much more entertaining than mature people.
They do get annoying sometimes, but they aren't the worst of people.

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
Years
This_thread_is_bad_and_you_should_feel_bad.jpg

1. What is maturity for you? A term used in psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner.
2. Are you mature?
Sometimes
Power to them.

I HEART MEGA HITT

ruuuki ♥
Years
Pssh. To me, maturity is boring. I mean yeah, to an extent its fine because you need it when it's appropriate but... not all the time. I'm hardly mature because I feel like it's depriving all the fun I have. I don't have much to say about immature people since I can be the same as them. Hell, even HITT can be pretty immature... and he's really adorable at it. D:

I do hate how some people act too immature. Like, when they end up doing stupid things that gets them half-killed or something... you know like the show jackass? D: That's a little TOO immature for me. >_>

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Ability to take things seriously and have fun at the same time.

2. Are you mature?

Can be, can't be. I vary. For my age, and if I want to be, I can be extremely mature.

They're no less than mature people, just immature. They just know how to have a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
1) I think it is when someone can hold in everything that's bad, stupid, ect. and take it out in an nice/not rude manner (lol if this doesn't make sense XD;)

2) I'm 11, and YEA, I'm mature. I handle things out easily, and 90% I'm not rude, I'm polite, ect., ect.

3) Ugh... I hope they go burn in a fire would be mature...

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
1. Knowing when it is ok to goof off and then being able to grab hold the reins of responsibility when needed.
2. I can be, I tend to be.
3. They are people, just like me or you. Granted, they do tend to be slightly more annoying people.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Simply the ability to not act or say things people will look down on.

2. Are you mature?

I'm Hyperbipolar, around people I know, I tend to be somewhat mature, but I also like to be annoying with a few girls on purpose XD

They'll grow up... someday... hopefully... I think...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
1. Being responsible and taking into account your own actions.
2. My maturity changes depending on who I'm with.
3. Depends on how immature...

Back