• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should the name be changed for US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Well looking at the US pokemon site, they haven't really even changed the names... it says Black & White when they show the little reshiram and rekrom teaser...
I don't think I would want to change the name but if given the chance I guess somthing like light and dark or heaven and hell...? Or for the gem theme... Agate (for reshiram) and amethyst (for zekrom)...! :D

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Seriously who would it offend? No one... and it's confirmed to remain the same.

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
Years
Many generations released in Japan, like Diamond and Pearl, The name doesn't change. So it'll be just Black and White version. Also other people would say that! Be careful buddy! Sometimes thread like this would be closed by the Mods which they think it's useless discussing something like doesn't make any sense...Don't worry, I'm just warn you...

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
Years
I have yet to hear any real reason a name change would be needed, except for people who do harm to efforts of educating people on the awfulness of real racism by suggesting non racist things are racist.

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
Years
I have yet to hear any real reason a name change would be needed, except for people who do harm to efforts of educating people on the awfulness of real racism by suggesting non racist things are racist.

^^That is a win right there.

Also, the names should stay the same, of course. I mean, the only name changing that is done is to the Pokemon (which is utterly RETARDED in my opinion). Seriously. Black and White will become Negro and Blanca in Spanish and so on and so forth and whatnot.

Oh, and they shouldn't change Pokemon names anymore. I renamed my Flareon into Booster because it sounded cooler. :D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013

That's just about all I'd have to say. [/thread]

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Don't we already have a thread for this? The names aren't changing...they've already announced them on the English Pokemon site so I'm pretty positive since that happened it won't be changing.

Another thing I notice is really it just seems to be pokemon fans & immature people on the web who fret over it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
YES! Because the origin of the names (Cure Black and Cure White from the anime Pretty Cure) would be completely lost on US audiences!

Seriously, no. Do people cry racist when they ask for a computer print out in black and white? Do people get offended when you tell them you have an old photo of your grandparents in black and white? I don't think so. Name change, so not necessary.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Seriously... this is the third thread about the same topic, the names aren't getting changed, because Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe have already announced the games as Black and White, and there isn't actually any reason to change them, so yeah. The chances of having an useful discussion on this topic are just too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back