• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Japanese version-question

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I just have a really quick question. I think there was a discussion and people were saying that they were going to buy the game imported from Japan.

I really don't think I can wait until March 2011 for this game. So I am considering buying the Japanese import, even though I don't speak a word of Japanese.

Will it play on my DSi?

That isnt really my question though. My real question is-how much does it normally cost to buy the imported game? Did anyone buy D/P/Pt/Hg/SS imported? The money is the real concern. I need to know how much it
s gonna cost me. I dont wanna pay more than $50 for the imported game.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Um I think it's about $50. But I wouldn't waste my money on something I don't understand =p

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I'm sorry, I had a feeling it wasn't the right place to ask. But I didn't know where else to ask. I figured others who plan to buy the import would be on this section..so...

I just wanted some help :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
It cost about 70$ to import, I am a console gamer mostly so this price for a game is normal for me. (That includes S&H)

But I would not recommend it unless you plan on learning Japanese. I have soulsilver in Japanese and if I wasn't learning Japanese I would be screwed

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
probably shouldn't say this, but if i were you, i would download the japanese rom buying it is eh. then wait for translation patch, we all no damn well it will happen. play through it. then when english version is released, buy it, transfer your save to it.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
Years
Wait...

What did Hiroshi mean? DSi-enhanced game??? Does that mean it will only work on the DSi? I hope not I just got my DS Lite on the 26th so I don't want to have to get a DSi...

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
Years
even if you were learning japanese, it still seems like alot of time translating. I would love to buy it from japan, but how do you figure out the storyline or anthing?

shot571

I've raised this before, and I'll mention it again: there's a possibility that the import will not play on the DSi (if it's an American DSi). DPt/HGSS work fine on the DSi, but they're just standard DS games. Given that Black/White are DSi-enhanced games which are typically region-coded, there's a possibility that it will not work on your DSi.
Dayyum. theyre dsi enhanced? i wish i had a dsi now. guess ill have to do wihout the enhancements. Probably rubbish. I think they are about $60-$80. But i would reccommend waiting. It may ruin the story when it comes out in english. Plus the moves will be difficult to use and teach. yes/no questions. things like that.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I do want to learn Japanese, lol.

I really think that I should get it honestly. Because if I wait for the english version which comes out spring 2011, the entire game and all the new Pokemon will all be old news. It'll all be spoiled. I wish I could avoid the spoilers, but how can I when I'm always on the forums, pokemon.com, serebii. I can't just avoid everything, then I might miss some cool events or whatnot.

I miss the old days when internet use wasn't like it is today, and I could go buy a new generation Pokemon game, 100% unspoiled for me. And when I played it and a new one appeared, it was just so exciting. I guess with Black and White I'm not going to get that experience again.

I wish the world be so kind as to wait until the game has been translated in all languages before releasing one. They should be released everywhere at once...

Shuckleman

The Awesome
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
What did Hiroshi mean? DSi-enhanced game??? Does that mean it will only work on the DSi? I hope not I just got my DS Lite on the 26th so I don't want to have to get a DSi...

No, a dsi enhanced game has EXTRA features on a DSi. but it will still work on ds. (i hope it has WEP2 compatability...)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
Years
I do want to learn Japanese, lol.

I really think that I should get it honestly. Because if I wait for the english version which comes out spring 2011, the entire game and all the new Pokemon will all be old news. It'll all be spoiled. I wish I could avoid the spoilers, but how can I when I'm always on the forums, pokemon.com, serebii. I can't just avoid everything, then I might miss some cool events or whatnot.

I miss the old days when internet use wasn't like it is today, and I could go buy a new generation Pokemon game, 100% unspoiled for me. And when I played it and a new one appeared, it was just so exciting. I guess with Black and White I'm not going to get that experience again.

I wish the world be so kind as to wait until the game has been translated in all languages before releasing one. They should be released everywhere at once...

tbh, nobody makes you go on these sites :| It's like when the LOST finale aired and I couldn't watch it, I simply didn't go online. If you're that worried about spoilers etc., stay out of the B&W section on PC and off Serebii completely, and ask a friend you trust to pass on any information about Events etc. for the games you do want to hear about.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I can't. I can't rely on anyone but myself when it comes to events. Relying on other people when I was at college was the reason I missed the Shaymin event. Even my own sister got it and didn't tell me.

I guess I'm gonna have to accept the fact that most of the games gonna be spoiled by the time I get it. :(

Back