• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Transfer Machine

shot571

IT has been announced that celebi and the dogs will be transferred to something called the pokemon transfer machine however it appears they can only be transferred one at a time.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
maybe an online palpark? maybe thats what the online save file is for?

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
Years
oh god, even worse than palpark or trading to the game.. we have to do it one at a time!!!! great scott!!!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
that sounds like it would be true, but it would upset a lot of people that were hoping to be able to store their entire save files online.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm not understanding you and lost in translation, but how so? o.O?

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
Years
yeah i'm kinda mad/sad about the whole one at a time too T~T

Will we be able to transport them back into SS/HG is what I want to know.

Nuh-Uh i've heard/read from various youtube
Pokemon Updaters and Websites that
once they're there... they're Staying There =\ just like the r/s/e transfer to
d/p/pt D= this saddens me... ugh angersome >m<

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
I dont mind pal park but transfering pokemon 1 by 1 would be a pain.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2016
Ah, Why Can They not use the Time Capsule again? It would allow for you to transfer pokémon that would not be a updated one with moves and would not be a new pokémon, like the time capsule! It would be great to not use one at a time!? God!

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
Im not transfering anyway. Its a fresh start for me.

BUT SERIOUSLY? 1 BY 1!

Maybe its to kind of lead people away from transferring loads of ubers?

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
1 at a time? are you kidding me? If they do that once a day crap i'll be really ticked.

I think since they're making it for DS they should just trade with each other normally as if it's a generation 4 game but have generation 5 be a time capsule. i mean if they don't they may as well just make it for the Nintendo 3DS

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 5, 2022
Since it's a new generation, I can understand the potential lack of trading from B/W to D/P/PT. However, I just don't get why Gamefreak essentially punishes people for being frequent customers (in the case of PalPark limitations). If you want me to "catch 'em all," don't make me want to blow my brains out in the process.

If I want to dump a box worth of my EV'd battle pokemon into the next Gen., I should have that ability.

/rant

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Since it's a new generation, I can understand the potential lack of trading from B/W to D/P/PT. However, I just don't get why Gamefreak essentially punishes people for being frequent customers (in the case of PalPark limitations). If you want me to "catch 'em all," don't make me want to blow my brains out in the process.

If I want to dump a box worth of my EV'd battle pokemon into the next Gen., I should have that ability.

/rant

You have said everything that needs to be said on the matter.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
dude honestly there's going to be like.........591 pokemon or so? By now who the heck would want to catch them all? If this was generation 1 i'd totally try but 591 and no benefits at the end? it's almost impossible. That's jsut me but ya.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
dude honestly there's going to be like.........591 pokemon or so? By now who the heck would want to catch them all? If this was generation 1 i'd totally try but 591 and no benefits at the end? it's almost impossible. That's jsut me but ya.

they should change the motto thing to "try to catch em all, but we'll just keep making more".

and i agree, there needs to be a real reward for getting them all, not some pointless "diploma"

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
If the transfer is only one way like some people are claiming, then I may as well start cloning all of my favorites because I still want to be able to enjoy my older games.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Seriously. And some of the Pokemon some people can't even catch in a legit manner, like event Pokemon. So unless they want people to cheat for the full Pokedex...

Even then, as Jerme said, the reward's rather disappointing. Just a diploma, nothing more. If they gave a reward that would make things worthwhile (all the time and effort to catch, breed, raise Pokemon), then it would be better.

I'm another person who's not transferring my old Pokemon to B/W. (I have way too many Pokemon on my Pearl version to even consider it.) But still, the one at a time idea behind this transfer machine is annoying. Even back when trading from R/B/Y to G/S/C, you could trade six Pokemon in total. I'm interested to see what the limits are (one at a time, but unlimited per day; one a day, once a day) and how they are kept in place. And what the reasons are behind this.

Because yeah...this is ridiculous.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Gen 5 Gen 4 Connection

SO How can we transfer Generation 4 pokemon to Generation 5 is there gonna be a pal park or a time capsule if so how it's no like Dual-Slot Mode That's for certain

Back