• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

• Yes, sure.

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
Do you want Pikachu to accidentally touch a thunder stone and evolve into a Raichu? Or do you want him to remain the cute old Pikachu?
Even though I'm sure this would never happen.... Would you, as a Pokemon viewer want this to happen?
Please share your opinion.

shot571

Im sure a lot of people will say yes but I say no. It wouldnt be the same. I mean sure itd be better for battling but Itd be so awkward. He wont be able to go on his shoulder anymore. Eh imo its just messed up

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Make a damn poll.

As for me, I would always have said yes, but I'm not sure now. People make good arguments as to why it shouldn't evolve :\

Oh Hiiirrrooooo!!!! Could you make a Poll for his pwease? 83

Last edited:
Years
Well yes it should and no it shouldn't.

If Pikachu would have evolved Ash would have become champion long ago, so no it should not evolve because if it doesn't Pokemon can keep continuing forever. :P

But I would like to see Ash owning Raichu, maybe he should catch another Pikachu and evolve and use it for battling instead :P

Vernikova

Banned
Years
People whining about polls. Yay.

No I don't want it to evolve. It's a staple of not only the show but the franchise and making Pikachu evolve would be pesoanlly distasteful for me since I like Pikachu over Raichu.

Years
I don't think Pikachu should evolve.

He is just as strong if he stays a pikachu. If he evolved it would be harder for him to travel with ash. If he evolves he won't be able to ride on ash's shoulder anymore. I think he should stay the way he is.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Pikachu should never evolve no one wants a ; Fat, Annoying overgrown mouse.

Pikachu is the center of Pokemon, can you imagine Raichu being on Ash;s shoulder ? 0.o

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Pikachu should never evolve no one wants a ; Fat, Annoying overgrown mouse.

*Cough* Surge *Cough* Sho *Cough* Katrina *Cough* Kay*Cough* Volkner *Cough* A couple of un-named trainers *Cough* *Cough*

You have, obviously, never used a Raichu in the games.

But yeah, it evolving would ruin the feel of the show, then again, BW seems sort of like a reboot, so who knows.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Maye not, but stats say that it would be stronger.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
i would hate it if he evolves, it would be wierd

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Right! Lets have Godchu evolve into Godchu v2.0! The world may be destroyed as we know it, but at least Godchu will evolve!

>__> Maybe if it evolves temporarily somehow. Just for the lulz.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
*Cough* Surge *Cough* Sho *Cough* Katrina *Cough* Kay*Cough* Volkner *Cough* A couple of un-named trainers *Cough* *Cough*

But yeah, it evolving would ruin the feel of the show, then again, BW seems sort of like a reboot, so who knows.

Yeah I have used Raichu Ingame and they always suck, maybe I should of added JMO to the end of my post.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
NOOOOO!!!!!!
pikachu is already strong!! it doesn't need to evolve!!
But Pikachu does loose some battles. It needs to be invincible. I want Ash to win the Isshu league.
Evolving would mean, that Pikachu would become more powerful than before. But maybe Ash doesn't want something like that. Too bad for us. XD

And by the way, three cheers for Went!! We have got ourselves a poll. Everyone vote now!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
I want to stone Pikachu with thunderstones until it freakin evolves >_<

Actually, I don't really care that much, but maybe Ash would stop losing if it evolved. Seriously, with all the battles he's been through, you think he would be level 100 by now, yet he still loses.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2011
Nope.

It's the Pokemon mascot.
And Nintendo and the whole crew knows it wouldn't be wise, due to Pika's worldwide recognition.

Years
Pikachu actually has better attacking stats when given the Light Ball.

Raichu is an ugly obese rat that was probably based off some deceased mouse a cat had coughed up. Not to mention that Pikachu evolving would ruin the whole "bigger isn't always better" thing the anime has going.

Back