• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Akira......not for you wussys

Poke

I shall kill you all!
Years
Akira

HAHAHAHA Akira..... the most violent anime movie ever to be released in America period. O and for those of you who wanrt to see it.... dont expect to understand it right away. It took me 8 whole times of watching the movie to understand it. I have some screenshots in my Archive and I dont know how to put them up *sigh* tell me if youve seen this violent moive.

Note: This movie is NOT for the faint of heart!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Ahh.. I've read the first volume of the manga. ^_^ It was really good and I'd like to read more of it in addition to seeing the movie. I didn't really understand what I was reading though. *had to read it several times to make any sense of it at all* @_@

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Just be careful what you put up. This site is intended for kids to adults. If you put up anything about Tetsuo transforming, you might get in trouble. Granted, explosions don't really count...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Mmm... as long as it's not too gory or anything, you should be fine attaching the images to your posts (on the full reply page). =\ Make sure it's okay for a PG-13 crowd at most, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 13, 2005
c'mon it wasan't that hard to understand and it wasan't that violent but it was funny when that guys guts fell out I couldn't stop laughing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Meh...it wasn't that great,themoviedidleave outagooddealof what the manga had in it. Though it didn't takeme thatlongto understand it, I did haveproblems withthe Akira/Prodigy thing...that one was hard ^ ^;.

As for violence, the movie was nothing nither was the manga. This stuff was light compared to what went on in Beserk...but the manga had the deeper story and drive out of the two Akira versions I'd say.

Last edited:
Years
I saw the movie of it about...6, 7 years ago on tv (Sci-fi Channel was showing it - and I have no idea how much it was edited out for tv. Probably a lot). I thought it was okay, until it got to that one transformation scene. That scene literally gave me the heebie-jeebies for nearly a whole week afterwards - and I never get those over anything. >_< (Yeah, I might have been silly for getting them, but... *shrug*)

And that's why I'm wary of watching the movie again. Any violence wouldn't bother me (much), but that scene, that one scene...ugh. That just creeped me out.

SS4Gotenks

I Love Sasha!
Years
I saw that movie called Akira and its was soo boring. Compared to anime these days they don't draw too good. I think the best violent anime movie I saw was called "X" by clamp.

siouxhockeyfan

live without warning
Years
i didnt know there was i movie but ive heard the manga is real violent....wasnt it like one of the first mangas ever written or somethin??

Housyasei-san

lalala
Years
My sister borrowed Akira from a friend while in her 'Anime lover' phase a few years ago. I watched it and it was pretty interesting (Tetsou transforming made me nausous though). I liked the music in the movie so I bought the soundtrack a month ago. I want to buy the DVD also...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
siouxhockeyfan said:
i didnt know there was i movie but ive heard the manga is real violent....wasnt it like one of the first mangas ever written or somethin??
The movie came out before the manga actually. And this was no where near the first manga ever, this is from the 80's the first manga was like in the 20's or before.

Back