• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen pokrus

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
the way you tell is when prof.Oak tells you to watch out for a pokemon virus called Pokerus and when you use a physical attack them bam your pokemon has pokerus!

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 26, 2009
you get pokerus randomly (need to be VERY LUCKY) by battling wild pokemon... once you get the pokerus, it can be seen in the Summary screen of the pokemon in its status that says PokeRus, instead of poison, paralyzed, fainted, etc. getting it is like finding a shiny pokemon... that means it comes when you never expect it and you can never find it when you are determined to look for it... also, when a pokemon in your party gets the pokerus, the nurse in the pokecenter will tell you (only the first time) and after the pokerus goes away, your infected pokemon will have a black dot next its level in the Summary screen

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Since Professor Oak isn't in RSE, I think you mean Birch ^_^

But... yeah. If you battle a wild Pokemon with it and win (and you don't have to use a physical attack. My Alakazam used one Psychic on a Ratatta and got infected XD), then your Pokemon will have PokeRus. When you go to the PokeCentre, the nurse will tell you all about it. If you want to spread it... place it in the box, and eventually, it'll spread to all the others in that box area. Be quick though, as once it's out of the box, it wears out after a certain number of battles. :/

sunflare89

Darkfire Dragon Tamer
Years
it says Status PKRS under your pokemn's picture! I got pkrs and didn't know i had it! I don't even know where i got it! I think it goes away when you white out some try and infect ALL your pokemon with it!

Years
Pokerus is gained randomly when fighting a wild Pokemon who happens to have it. If you use a physical attack and win the battle, you will see when looking at your Pokemon's stats that your Pokemon has to status of PKMRS. Pokerus is so rare, it's even more better then getting a shiny.

I have heard that Pokerus somehow increases a Pokemon's power or lessens the needed EXP to get up a level. It's very unexpected, so beware! It also infects all your party Pokemon in time and does not go away for a while.

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
Years
Moonlight Dreams said:
Pokerus is gained randomly when fighting a wild Pokemon who happens to have it. If you use a physical attack and win the battle, you will see when looking at your Pokemon's stats that your Pokemon has to status of PKMRS. Pokerus is so rare, it's even more better then getting a shiny.

I have heard that Pokerus somehow increases a Pokemon's power or lessens the needed EXP to get up a level. It's very unexpected, so beware! It also infects all your party Pokemon in time and does not go away for a while.

ok you are part right and part wrong in your opening satment there mate.

first off i got the pokerus from a trainer battle (i know this cos i was training aganst them only between center visits to re-PP my guys)

also your physical attack only statment is false...i got it using psychic on my metagross whilst leveling him up. just pointing it out....you HAVE to KO the opponent so that you can get the Pokerus..if you white out then you luck out.

now about the pokerus laster period: 3 DAYS!! outside of a box. or total time up to 3 days...not sure if the timer is reset once you have deposited but i SERIOUSLY doubt it.

the pokerus is spred by battleing with a pokemon with the pokerus is in the party. after about 10-20 battles all of you party members should have it.

i have also found the if you have you pokemon set up like thus:

Pkmn 1
pkmn 2
Pkmn POKERUS INFECTED
pkmn 4
pkmn 5
pkmn 6

now you may ask why i say this way let me tell you why:
the pokerus 'seems' to spread to adjacent (next to) eachother first so that when you get the spread happening you want to have maximum possible candidates for the spread, making spreading the pokerus MUCH quicker (ive had all 6 pokemon infected after only 3 battles by using this setup).

nowthen what does the pokerus do for those of you who are wondering what the heck it is and does?

its an infection of small creatures that cling onto the infected pokemon that don't injusre it at all. they help you gain EV's more effectivly (see the stickied FAQs above this thread).

there we go...i think thats about it for what i can remember.....have i missed something at all? letme know if i have

cheers and i hope i have healped clear up some common misconceptions and if i am wrong about something please point it out for me.

thanks and have fun with these little buggers that are the pokerus

Jaws....

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Has that time period of 3 days been confirmed by anyone else? It's just I always thought it was based off battles or something :/

Back