• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Dance of Love and Fear

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
The Dance of Love and Fear
Rated PG-16

Chapter 1 ~ Heartbreak and Sadness

"Do you have everything you need?" I heard from down the stairs.

"I'm pretty sure but dose Ryan really have to come?" I complained to my mother was calling to me from down the stairs.

"Not the whole way, just until you reach New Bark Town. The he will meet up with his friends and begin his journey," Mom explained to me.

"Okay," I begrudged as I returned to packing my backpack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Boys, be careful. If you need anything, call from your Pokegears," Mom explained to us.

"You've got it Mom," I hugged Mom as did my little brother.

The two of us set out from our home town of Eructeak City and in our sights was New Bark Town. Once there, Ryan would set out on his journey while I would travel alone. Why you may be asking? I have no friends. It's because of the fact that my father is a Team Rocket executive. My father left when I was too young to remember so he could help Team Rocket take over Johto, but they failed. At the time, he was still a grunt but his work paid of which made Giovanni notice him. He made my father an executive. How do I know all of this, he wrote to us every week before one day, he just stopped.

"How long is the walk from here to New Bark Town?" Ryan anxiously waited for the answer as we walked through the old city.

"Um… I'm not to sure, but we could take a train," I explained to him.

"But if we walked?" he wondered.

"A few days," I said walking in front of him.

"Train it is," Ryan spoke.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are we there yet?" Ryan complained.

"We're only on Route 36. We've gone through a route," I told the upset boy.

"It feels like forever," he sadly spoke.

"I don't believe you," I smacked my palm on my forehead.

The two of us continued through Route 36 until we reached Violet City.

"We've made it to Violet City," I looked around the small, old city and spotted a large wooden tower.

I recognized it to be the Sprout Tower, the famous tower where monks trained to battle.

"What makes that tower so special," Ryan rudely asked.

"How stupid are you? It's the famous Sprout Tower where monks train," I explained to my little brother who was oblivious to the history of the tower.

"How could you not know about this tower," I asked him. "You didn't get taught this in school."

"I probably did, but didn't pay attention," he laughed.

"Idiot," I muddled under my breath.

I started walking towards it when Ryan stopped me.

"What are you doing?" Ryan questioned my choice to see the tower.

"Going to see Sprout Tower, why? Is that bad?" I wondered.

"They have wild Pokemon in there. What will happen if you run into one and you don't have a Pokemon," Ryan asked trying to be a no-it-all.

"I can't believe you're right," I replied as I kicked a rock.

"So we'll keep moving to New Bark Town now I guess," Ryan told me.

"We have no other alternative," I started walking with my brother behind me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The train arrived at New Bark Town at 4:00.

"Finally," Ryan dropped to his knees.

"It only took us half the day to get here," I told the lazy boy.

"That's long to me," Ryan rebutted.

I placed my hand on my forehead and ran it down the front of my face in frustration. He needed to learn that he won't go far in his travels if he is this lazy.

"There's the lab," I pointed to the laboratory that stood close to the train station.

"Great, but do you know how many trainers will be beginning their journeys today?" Ryan wondered as he hoped there wouldn't be too many.

"10 and that's certain," I explained.

"How do you know this stuff?" Ryan questioned my knowledge.

"Unlike you, I actually read the letters from Professor Elm," I brought up his laziness.

"Shut Up," he mumbled.

The two of us walked towards the lab, our hopes set on getting the Pokemon we wanted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, Kyle and Ryan I assume," Professor Elm raised his hand in happiness.

The lab was filled with Professor Elm along with 8 other children, three boys and five girls.

Ryan and I walked to the line of children and stood still. I stood at the end of the line next to my brother. Beside Ryan was his friend James. His hair was a strawberry blonde and he had a long emo cut. His clothing was a green shirt that had an image of a black Pokeball on it. He also wore a pair of black jeans.

With him was Ryan's other friend Lukas. His hair was buzzed and blonde. His skin was tanned and he wore a blue sweater and cargo pants. He also wore a black hat that read unstoppable a crossed it.

Next to him was a girl with long black hair with bangs that covered her eyes. Her clothing was unusually baggy for a girl, her black sweater long and obviously to big for her and her baggy black track pants with white lines going down the sides of her legs.

Beside her was another girl. Her hair was black and her skin was tanned. She wore very tight clothing, a white t-shirt with slits cut down the back of it and denim short shorts.

At her side, a boy with tidy brown hair and his skin just as tanned as the girl beside him. He wore a dark red jacket and cargo shorts.

Along his side was another girl. Her hair was curly and messy which had the color brown blonde and bits of red. She wore a tan t-shirt and a white scarf with faded jeans.

A couple was standing beside that girl. The two were holding hands. They looked familiar and then I remembered them. They were Zoë and Trenton, a couple from the rich part of Eructeak City. Zoë had brown and blonde hair that was long and straight. She wore a lime green sweater and blue jeans.

Trenton had dirty blonde hair that has curly at the edges of his hair. He wore a black sweater that had images of paint splatters on it of every colour.

"Now that everyone is here, it's time to choose your first Pokemon," Professor Elm made us all rowdy with that news. "I will pull a name out of a hat and you may choose."

Professor Elm grabbed a hat from behind him that was filled with 10 names. He stuck his hand inside and ruffled the papers roughly before pulling a name out.

"Dakota," he read the piece of paper.

"Yes!" the boy with the red jacket snapped in happiness.

Dakota stepped towards a table that was lined with Pokeballs. He took a bit to choose because he didn't want to make the wrong choice. He grabbed a ball and returned to the line.

"Next, Ryan," Professor Elm spoke.

Ryan made a cha ching motion before walking over a grabbing the first ball he saw.

Lack of patience as usual, I thought.

"Zoë."

Zoë was holding Trenton's hand at the time. She released it and walked over to the table. She paused for a moment, looking at each ball carefully before grabbing one.

"Lena."

The baggy clothed girl approached the table. Her decision was brief and she grabbed a ball only seconds after she got up there.

"James."

Ryan's friend just walked up, grabbed a ball and returned to the line.

"Nichole."

Nichole went to walk up, but she tripped over her own footing. Dakota stood beside her and he softly laughed at her stumble. You could tell they had feelings for each other, but they looked as though they weren't together.

"Trenton."

Trenton walked up and paused at the remaining Pokeballs. He took the longest to choose. But I could understand why. It was an important decision and screwing it up could make it a difficult journey. He finally selected a ball and returned to his girlfriends side.

"Shari."

The messy haired girl grabbed the closets ball to her and returned to the line. You could tell she just wanted to leave.

"Lukas."

Lukas did the last ball remaining on the table. 10 were supposed to begin their journeys, but only nine would. There was no more Pokemon remaining to choose.

"Now move out trainers, but you, you stay here for a second," Professor Elm pointed to me.

As the trainers left, Trenton laughed at my misfortune because our rivalry was based on watching each other fail. He always won at everything, including getting Zoë's love. Zoë, Trenton and I were in a love triangle. I loved Zoë as did Trenton so Zoë was forced to choose. Her parents were the deciding factor as she chose Trenton because he had a lot of money like her family when mine was poor.

"You wanted to see me Professor?" I questioned him making me stay behind.

I just wanted to go home and wait for next year, the year I would actually get to start.

"I wanted to apologize for you not receiving a Pokemon. I feel truly awful," he expressed his sorrows to me.

"You think you can say sorry and think everything will be okay? I had to lug my brother here and listen to him whine about how the trip was to long. The only thing getting me through it all was the fact that I would be getting a Pokemon. That would have been the ultimate pay off, but I guess that isn't going to happen," I told off the Professor.

"I'm sorry, there's nothing I can…" he said as I wouldn't let him finish.

"No, you're not sorry, I'm out of here," I interrupted him before storming out of the lab.

I walked outside and made my way to the train station when I heard the voice that made me cringe.

"Hey Kyle, want to battle. Oh wait, you didn't get a Pokemon," Trenton taunted me as I walked away to the train station, trying to ignore them all.

"What's wrong Kyle, going to cry," he continued.

"Trenton stop, you're being mean," Zoë spoke with her sweet voice that when I heard it, made this horrible time a bit better.

"Whatever. See you next year," Trenton finished with a taunt that broke me.

I turned around and ran in his direction. He heard the sound of my feet and turned around. He didn't turn fast enough because when he did, I had already swung my punch. I gave him a swift punch that struck his nose, making bleed him out uncontrollably.

"I'll get you Kyle," he said as he ran off.

"I'll be waiting," I started taunting him as I watched him run off while Zoë gave chase.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The train ride to Violet City was long and upsetting. The fact I would be traveling home empty handed was heart breaking. I was supposed to be the prodigy of the poor side of town. The poor side of Eructeak had nothing to be proud of, but everyone had faith that I would become the Silver Conference Champion. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen.

We made it to Violet City, were I got off the train and called my mother.

"Mom," I said to her.

"Kyle, how are you. Is you're Pokemon cute?" she asked as she didn't know I hadn't received a Pokemon.

"Professor Elm ran out of Pokemon Mom, I'm coming home," I explained to her as I tried fighting back the tears.

"Honey I'm so sorry, but I don't want you to give up. I heard they have a trainer school in Violet City. You can learn there while you stay in the Pokemon Centre. You can learn about capturing your own Pokemon, then do it and start your journey," Mom told me.

"Are you sure?" I questioned her.

"I bought you your trainer card and all the equipment you needed. We had barely any money to do that and I don't want it to be wasted," Mom sternly spoke to me with her attempt a tough love.

"You can stop with the tough love Mom, I'll stay," I agreed with her idea.

"Okay honey, good luck," she said.

"Bye Mom," I ended the call.

Last edited:

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
Ooh another FanFic, Blazi, I'm impressed. what happened to your old one, though?

Once again, I've spotted the same problems! *drum roll*

Now the story needs more describing, try to describe the surroundings, and the Character's actions. Everytime you write a dialogue, you'll put 'Laughed' 'said' 'wondered' etc, but maybe next time you should consider adding some actions inside.

For example when someone laughs, maybe he's doing some actions too. So maybe it can be like this:

"_____________!" _________ laughed, his body leaning against a wall, a challenging but taunting smirk on his face. Then he walked towards ___ and knocked him on the head lightly in a playful attitude.

okay I suck. But that's just a suggestion, bro!

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
Thanks for the tips Aura :) Now, chapter 2 is here

Chapter 2 ~ Mysteries

"Done," I handed the teacher my test.

"I'll check it," he started looking through the test, checking for right and wrong answers.

His eyes widened at the end of the test.

"100%, this was my hardest test and you finished it in five minutes, not to mention it was all correct," he was shocked at the sight. "How do you know all of this?"

"I was supposed to begin my journey yesterday but Professor Elm ran out of Pokemon," I explained.

"It's a shame you didn't get to begin, you know everything there is to know. You would have made an excellent trainer," he said as he explained what would have been my luck in Pokemon Training.

"Thank you, but I do have a question. Since I know everything logically, do I get a hand on experience?" I hoped as I wanted to keep up with the others, preferably Trenton and Zoë.

"Yes, since you are ahead of everyone, I'll assign you a tutor," he told me.

"Yes, thank you so much," I expressed my thanks to him.

"Meet him in front of the school tomorrow, class dismissed when you finish the test," he told the class the end of the sentence while the beginning was just for me.

I ran out of the school in happiness. I would be that much closer to becoming a Pokemon trainer. I wanted to do it for all poor people around Johto. I wanted to be the example of being poor and a Pokemon champion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at the school the next morning at 7:00. Standing already at the school was my teacher and another person who I instantly recognized.

"Kyle, meet your tutor Falkner, the gym leader of Violet City," he had his hand pointing in his direction.

I couldn't talk, I was too amazed at the fact Falkner would be teaching me about capturing Pokemon.

"Kyle?" Falkner questioned my silence.

"Yeah, oh sorry," I looked at him.

"Now get going you two, your rivals should be here at the end of the day Kyle. So you should have your Pokemon by then," my teacher explained.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falkner we've been at this for hours, can't I just take a break?" I hoped as I fell backward onto the ground.

"If you want to keep up with your rivals, you need to have a Pokemon by tonight," Falkner started walking.

"I guess you're right," I admitted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go Pokeball," I threw the Pokeball at the weakened Nidoran.

The ball hit the pink Pokemon and flew into the ball. The ball rapidly with the middle button flashing red until the Nidoran popped out and ran off into a thick part of a forest.

"This is hopeless," I dropped to my knees.

"Have hope Kyle, you will capture a Pokemon. You just need patience," Falkner taught me.

"It's hard when you've failed at capturing a Pokemon at least 20 times," I threw a rock at a tree which rattled the leaves.

Then, there was a bang. A flash of light came from somewhere in the forest.

"What was that?" I asked my mentor.

"I don't know, but let's see," Falkner took off running in the direction of the explosion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Looks like you kids are lost," a Team Rocket grunt spoke to two teens back against a tree, holding each other.

Falkner and I reached the area where the explosion was. There I saw a group of Team Rocket grunts surrounding Zoë and Trenton. The explosion was cause by a battle between Trenton's Cyndaquil and a Team Rocket grunts Raticate.

"You two are ours now," another grunt scared the two with a taunt.

Zoë had tears going down her eyes while Trenton held her close, whispering things to calm her.

"Let them go," I commanded to the group.

I hadn't realized what I got myself into when I said that, I had no Pokemon to defend myself. But I had a gym leader by my side and that was good enough for me.

"If it isn't another Pokemon trainer, going to try and stop us eh?" he asked me with a sadistic voice.

"Bring it," I called to him.

The group started to approach me when Falkner stepped in front of me. He cupped his hands around his mouth while still relieving it and made a bird call. The call was able to get Pidgey and Pidgeotto to return to Falkner's side.
"Sneak behind the group and free those two, I'll distract them," Falkner explained.

I nodded and crept behind a tree, making sure not to draw any attention to myself. The grunts called out their Pokemon and began a Pokemon duel with Falkner. Meanwhile, I was slowly creeping over to Zoë and Trenton who were terrified. I saw they were tied up, so I ripped away the knot and released them.

"Come on, we'll sneak away to Violet City," I led them away from the forest.

As we began to run, we drew attention of the grunts.

"It's a distraction, get the teens," the grunts charged after us.

Falkner called back Pidgey to its Pokeball but jumped on Pidgeotto's back and flew in our direction.

"Falkner, take Zoë. Trenton and I can hold them," I explained to him.

While we ran, Trenton and I lifted Zoë onto Pidgeotto's back. Falkner flew off to Violet City while Trenton and I kept running.

"How are we going to hold them when you don't have a Pokemon?" Trenton asked me.

"I didn't think this through," I replied.

"Idiot," he quickly snapped at me.

"Maybe if we split up we can lose them," I suggested.

"It's worth a try," Trenton replied.

I ran to the left while Trenton went to the right. Three grunts followed each of us.

I don't know how much longer I can run, I thought as my chest was hurting.

"Charmander use Flamethrower," a voice called from the tree tops.

A charge of flame flew at the grunts from the trees. It hit them, making them fall backward. I stopped running and saw the Charmander was owned by another trainer that was at the lab yesterday. It was Dakota, along with Nichole.

"You alright down there?" he asked.

"Yeah, thanks a lot," I replied.

The grunts were lying on the ground in pain. It was the chance I had to get away, so I took it.

"C'mon, let's get out of here," I told the two of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoë, Dakota, Nichole and I waited outside the forest, hoping Trenton would emerge. Zoë was extremely worried at the fact her boyfriend might have been captured.

"I'm scared for him," Zoë worried.

"He'll be alright," I assured her.

Just as I said that, he emerged with scares all over his body. Zoë ran to him and embraced him tightly.

"Thank goodness you're okay," Zoë thanked Arceus for Trenton's safety.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked.

"This doesn't change anything Kyle, we still have a rivalry and it's going to stay that way," Trenton sternly told me.

"Okay?" I questioned his sudden mood change.

Zoë and he walked back to central Violet City.

"I hate him, I actually hate him," I gave a loathing look at Trenton before turning back to Dakota and Nichole.

"Thank you, you actually saved me," I thanked them.

"It's not a problem," Nichole assured me.

"So where is your travels taking you two?" I asked the two who looked more like a couple then they did friends, but just hadn't realized it yet.

"I'm traveling around to get the gym badges and enter the Silver Conference," Dakota explained with a smile as big as a clown as he pulled out his badge case.

"While I will enter Pokemon contest in order to qualify for the Grand Festival in Goldenrod City," Nichole said with her slightly quick voice that was a bit hard to understand.

"I'm doing the same as Dakota, but I can't begin if I don't have my own Pokemon," I spoke with a sad tone.

"Well, it's late and we don't have a room at the Pokemon Centre," Nichole remembered as she hurried to the Pokemon Centre while pulling Dakota with her.

"Another night without a Pokemon," I sighed as I walked slowly to the Pokemon Centre.

I had failed to capture a Pokemon before my rivals arrived. The fact was I needed time to bond with the Pokemon I would capture, which would have taken a while. My rivals will have passed through Violet City by then. I was angry, so angry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was midnight. I was back outside trying to capture a Pokemon, but to no avail. I didn't think it would this challenging to capture a Pokemon, but I was obviously wrong.

I'm hopeless, I thought as I sat down on a rock and placed my right hand on my right eye.

I heard a crackle of branches from behind me. I quickly turned around to see what was making the noise, but nothing was there.

That's weird, I thought as I searched the area around me.

I heard another crackle from behind me again. I snapped backward faster, but still no one was behind me.

"Who's there," I called to the surroundings, hoping someone I knew was just trying to scare me.

No one answered, but the crackling continued. Just then, I saw a figure quickly climb a near by tree. I followed his moves and climbed the tree after him. Then I saw him jump off the tree. I was only half way up when I saw him jump, so I dove onto him.

"Who are you!?" I demanded him to tell me his name.

He didn't answer, he just snickered.

"What's your name!?!" I firmly asked him.

"Get off of me!" he yelled at me with a voice that scared me quiet a bit, but ZI wouldn't back down.

"Not until I know who you are!!" I snapped back at him.

"My name will stay private forever!" he claimed.

"WHO ARE YOU!!!?" I grabbed him by his black cloak and shook him rapidly.

"Leave me be!" he struck me in the face with his fist, making me fall off of him, letting him escape.

"Get back here!" I started to chase him, but he was out of sight.

I shook my head and brushed my pants off and readjusted my hat and hair.

Who the hell was that? I asked myself as I thought of the mysterious man who was stalking me.

I didn't feel safe in the forest anymore, at least not when I was alone. The best thing for me to do is to return to my room in the Pokemon Centre. But I still didn't have my own Pokemon yet. I could only hope I would capture one by tomorrow, but only time would tell.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
Chapter 3 ~ Rage

"Not again," I whined as the Spearow popped out of the Pokeball and flew off.

"You're getting better," Falkner attempted to cheer me up, but my constant fails weren't helping the cause.

"Yeah Kyle, it's only a matter of time before you capture your first Pokemon," Dakota told me with great confidence in me.

"Alright, I'll keep looking," I stated as I gripped another Pokeball in my hand.

The three of us kept walking while I tried to capture a Pokemon, but it wouldn't happen. It seemed impossible, but I couldn't give up just yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in Violet City, the three of us were taking a lunch break.

"How long will it take for me to catch a Pokemon?" I asked Falkner as I was anxious to begin my journey.

"It all depends on the trainer, maybe you have to get a Pokemon to trust you rather than just defeating it and throwing a Pokeball," Dakota explained as he seemed to know exactly what he was talking about.

"Okay?" I didn't quiet understand, but I had to take what he said and try to catch a Pokemon.

I pulled out a Pokeball from my bag and popped it open. The sight of nothing inside it made me determined to capture my first Pokemon. Not to mention the fact that all of my rivals had their Pokemon. I was about to stand up and leave, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Get a Pokemon yet?" my brothers voice asked me as he smiled and stood by his friends James and Lukas.

"No, and don't taunt me," I told him as I pushed his arm off my shoulder.

"No need to get angry, it was just a question," Lukas taunted me with a voice that made me seem like a person with anger management issues.

"Shut up," I mumbled.

"Hey, isn't that Falkner, the gym leader of this city?" James looked at my mentor with admiration.

"I sure am, do you want a battle?" he asked my brother and his two friends.

"Yeah," they simultaneously told him.

"Alright boys, I have some stuff to do but I'll battle you later today," he told them.

"What could be more important than battling us?" Ryan obnoxiously asked.

"Helping your brother start his journey," Falkner rebutted with a voice that made the three look stupid.

"Whatever we'll see you then," James said as the three walked to the forest to train, or that's what I thought at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go Pokeball," I threw the Pokeball at the Mankey, which it dodged.

"Mankey!" the pig monkey Pokemon called as it charged at the three of us.

"Uh-Oh," I said.

"We need to stay here, be strong," Falkner claimed.

The Mankey stopped and turned around. Out of the many bushes came many Mankey's that looked quiet angry. The three of us stood still, scared that if we moved, they would attack. The Mankey's started creeping closer and closer before they broke out into a run.

"Time to go," Dakota said calmly when he was actually scared out of his mind.

"RUN!!!" I screamed as I took of in a run.

Falkner and Dakota ran after me as the Mankey's gave chase. They wouldn't give up in the chase, but we were growing tired. But we had to keep running, or suffer a vicious beating.

"I don't know how much longer I can run?" I ran through the forest, dodging fallen branches and trees along the way.

We finally reached the entrance to Violet City, where the Mankey's continued to chase us.

"Falkner, Dakota, do either of you have your Pokemon with you?" I franticly ask them.

"No," they answered.

Suddenly, a purple Pokemon jumped from atop a building and landed in front of the Mankey herd.

"What is that?" I questioned the purple Pokemon.

"A… a Tyrogue," Dakota fixed his eye on the Pokemon.

"Tyrogue!" the Pokemon called as it unleashed a fury of punches at the Mankey's.

"Wow, Bullet Punch," I gawked at the strength of this tiny fighting type.

Tyrogue defeated most of the Mankey's, the ones he didn't fight retreated back to their forest home.

"That was awesome," I said as I approached the fighting type.

I crouched down to his eye level and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Tyrogue!" he resisted as he swung his shoulder making my hand slip off.

"It appears this Tyrogue isn't one for human companionship," Falkner explained as he pulled me back from it.

"I guess some Pokemon aren't for being trai…," I said before I was interrupted by a command by a trainer to his Pokemon.

"Cyndaquil use Flame Wheel!" Trenton's voice echoed in the back round as his Cyndaquil rolled at Tyrogue with a wheel of flames that struck Tyrogue in the chest, making him fly backward.

"What is wrong with you?" I approached Trenton with fire in my eyes.

"Just trying to catch a Pokemon," Trenton mocked me with a tone that made me look like a small child.

"I know you were standing near us when Falkner explained that this Tyrogue wasn't looking for human companionship!" I yelled at him with some of the biggest rage I had ever felt.

"Trenton, leave the little guy alone," Zoë pled with her sweet voice that reminded me of an angel.

"Stay out of this Zoë," Trenton snapped at her.

"Don't talk to her like that!' I warned him with my new found courage behind my words.

"Big talk, but are you going to do something about it?" Trenton taunted me with that question.

I clenched my hands into fists; the anger was flowing through me faster than the blood in my veins.

"Shut up Trenton," I muttered.

"Speak up!" Trenton screamed at me.

"SHUT UP!!!" I screamed back as I swung a punch at him.

Trenton managed to dodge it and punch me in the groin, making me fall to my knees.

"Now, I'll be capturing that Tyrogue," Trenton walked towards the beaten Tyrogue. "Cyndaquil, use Swift."

At close range, Cyndaquil released a fury of stars that repeatedly struck Tyrogue hard.

I couldn't get up. My stomach was in to much pain which made it nearly impossible to walk, let alone get up. But the key word there was "impossible." I rose to my feet, despite that sheer pain in my stomach and slowly approached Trenton as his Cyndaquil viciously beat Tyrogue to unconsciousness.

"Leave him alone!" I exclaimed as I jumped onto Trenton's back.

The two of us broke out into a fight. We swung punches at each other, along with kicks, elbows and knees. The two of us had intentions to hurt each other bad.

"What is your problem? You have to beat a Pokemon so cruelly just to capture it?" I questioned him as I punched his mouth, making him bleed.

"It's called, being a Pokemon trainer," he rebutted with a knee to the midsection.

"Boys, stop it. Stop it NOW!" Zoë yelled at the two of us as she tried to break up our brawl.

Falkner and Dakota also tried to break up our fight. And with the three of them, they were able to succeed. Dakota and Falkner held me back while Zoë held back Trenton.

"This isn't over," Trenton reminded me as Zoë pulled him away from me.

I watched the two walk away before I turned to Tyrogue who didn't look very good.

"We need to get him to the Pokemon Centre immediately," Falkner explained.

Dakota and I nodded as I picked up the fighting type and rushed him to the Pokemon Centre.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is Tyrogue going to be okay?" I asked Nurse Joy as I feared for the little Pokemon's health.

"He should be fine by the morning. You did a good thing bringing him in, your going to be a great Pokemon trainer," Nurse Joy complemented me on my decision.

"Okay, thank you," I sat down at the table with Falkner and Dakota.

The three of us sat there in silence. How could someone be so cruel as to beat a Pokemon within an inch of its life? I had never seen something like that before and the memory of it was permanently lodged into my mind.

"When is your gym battle with him?" Dakota asked, referring to Trenton.

"Tomorrow at noon," Falkner replied as he clenched his left hand in a fist. "I'm going to defeat him and show that Pokemon beater what a real trainer is like."

"But he's ruthless Falkner, you need to be careful," I told Falkner as I feared his Pokemon might share the same fate as Tyrogue did just an hour earlier.

The three of us sat there for a few hours. We didn't get up once, until Nichole came to get Dakota so they could train. Falkner left to have his gym battle with my brother and his friends. Then there was just me, alone. I didn't want to do anything, just wait and see if Tyrogue would be okay.

After the events of today, I had found a new goal. Winning the Silver Conference was my second priority, my first was defeating Trenton.

Back