• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

''You might be the bad guy, but I can't help but love you!''

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
What is your favourite video game villain?

Video game bad guys - were supposed to hate them just because they're bad. Yet, we can't help but love some of them. From buliding a outer space amusement park or destroying everyone on your home planet, we should always respect these important gaming characters. Without them, the game just wouldn't happen.

My favourite villan is hands down Bowser. Not only is he serious, he can also be downright silly at times. He even has another side to gim with those 8 kids of his.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
On the Pokemon side it would be Miror B although we wasn't much of a bad guy to begin with... for other games - Lord Crum from Paper Mario:TTYD is a favourite of mine - he was a pretty amusing character and his Magnus von Grapple robot was amazingly awesome. XD Another would be Eggman from a few games (say SA2:B) if only because of his dialogue at times, heh.

And with that...Pow, I'm gone!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
My current favorites would have to be:
Silver and N= From the Pokemon games. I'm not sure if they count as a bad guy or not, but I always end up shouting and cheering at my game for these two characters.

Jack of Blades= From Fable 1. Oh, come on. His laugh is so bad ass that it made me laugh with joy for the first 20 minutes of his appearance.

Shadow the hedgehog (does he even count as a bad guy?) = from the Sonic series. Shadow has always been my favorite Sonic character. He's just so... well, "WOW".

And I guess that's it. Pshht. Yeah, I don't play much video games

razzbat

dancer
Years
Video game bad guys - were supposed to hate them just because they're bad.
maybe its just me but i don't think bad guys are necessarily supposed to be hated upon, i mean even with your fav bowser i can't imagine miyamoto creating him to be hated on. but yeh thats just my thoughts.
my favourite villians are...
Kefka - final fantasy vi
Majima Gorou - yakuza series (though he isn't exactly a bad guy now...)
i'm sure theres more but i can't think of any atm...

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Silver and N= From the Pokemon games I'm not sure if they count as a bad guy or not, but I always end up shouting and cheering at my game for these two characters.
I'll disagree with N rather strongly, but with Silver I definately liked him as a character personally.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I like Von Karma of the Ace Attorney series.
Not Manfred, but Franksy!

I saw speech and cry at the end and he sprite was so aww....

ani-fran-cries.gif

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I liked Manfred. Am I crazy?
/brick'd

Shelly de Killer was also pretty cool. Godot too, if he counts.

With Pokemon, N would probably have to be my favourite villain.

Vaati from the Zelda series was also pretty cool.

Oh, and Spoiler Man from Ghost Trick.
...It's really hard to say his name around without me worrying about spoiling the game for anybody. xDD;;

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Shelly de Killer was also pretty cool. Godot too, if he counts.

Vaati from the Zelda series was also pretty cool.
Agreed on those two although Godot was more a good guy at heart who was your rival...and saying more would be spoilerific, so I shall not! Shelly was pretty notable for m in the 2nd game although I have little idea on his role in investigations two. -_-

Vaati had the best laugh btw, although again I only played Minish Cap - I believe he's in another game...?

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
I really like Vegeta off of Dragon Ball Z XD Me and my friend always make fun of him and make scenarios such as "What if Vegeta showed up at our high school" we made so many funny moments he'd have. We also imagined him singing a bunch of songs like The Climb by Hannah Montana lol. Yeah, we get really bored sitting in our Geography class :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mithos Yggdrasil (From Tales of Symphonia)
I have so much to say about this adorable baddie here that I can't unscramble is enough to put them into coherent sentences, but he is definitely my favorite bad guy of all time. It helps that he isn't particularly bad; he has the right intentions, but he went the wrong way about them after becoming a fallen hero. (and he's cute, adorable, amazing, a woobie, and eeee! . . . yeah.)

... Others would have to be Silver (Pokemon), Godot (Ace Attorney), The God Generals (Tales of the Abyss), and several others.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I would say N as one of them, but I do not consider him a villain because while his intentions were good, his father was not.

Other than that though, I do have a few favorites:

Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)- This is sort of thanks to Dissidia (also the primary influence on my liking Zidane), but Kuja's just something else. He's one of my all-time fave FF villains. Though, if I had to pick second, it would be

Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI)- You can't help but have a like-hate feeling for this guy, especially after all the things he does in the game. Also love his remarks towards the characters at the start of a battle in Dissidia.

Then there's Gulcasa (Yggdra Union). If you don't know the entire story (Blaze Union included), then you'll see Gulcasa as nothing but a heartless villain, most likely. But he's actually not as evil as one would expect, and one may also question if Yggdra's team is good.

Oh, and Seth (Riviera) is a pretty sweet bad guy. She's sexy and deadly. Plus there need to be more female villains/final bosses anyhow :<

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Reaver - Fable III (who could ever hate him)
Silver - Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (my best friend is the silver to my gold, i hate to like him by default)
Spat - Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak! (lol)
Delita - Final Fantasy Tactics (he wasn't really a bad guy, but he seemed like it for a while)
S and Z - Tetris (worst enemy)

Wansen

Regal Bryant
Years

Jack of Blades= From Fable 1. Oh, come on. His laugh is so bad ass that it made me laugh with joy for the first 20 minutes of his appearance.

I love Jack of Blades, the moment he appeared and spoke I didn't even want to fight him I thought he was that cool.

GLaDoS and Wheatley from Portal 1 and 2 they are just great (b^_^)b

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
From Pokemon, definatley Silver, who along with being the son of the former leader of Team Rocket, also has my favorite theme in the game.

And then there's Wheatley from Portal 2, whos hilarious.

And then there's Dr. Wily. He has basically the same plan for world domination each game
Spoiler:
and has some pretty funny ideas for robots. (Springman anyone? How about an enemy based off a slinky?)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's no way you can hate the Rocket in GSC/HGSS that speaks terrible English.

Anyway, I liked Sync and Arietta in Tales of the Abyss. They annoyed me at first, but grew on me in the end. But Sync became all emo and weird. Ugh.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I love foreign Rocket Grunt!

Other villains I have a soft spot for are Bowser (You gotta respect the guy's determination and ability to breathe fire), Mror B. (Gotta love any disco themed baddie) and Giovanni (my fave crime snydicate leader by far).

Also, Cipher Admins Ein and Lovrina, and Galactic Commander Mars.

Does Waluigi count as a villain? Cause I find his voice and accent to be very amusing, lol

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
>People mentioning Kefka as a good antagonist
>Nope.jpg

Delita - Final Fantasy Tactics (he wasn't really a bad guy, but he seemed like it for a while)

This. I liked almost all of the "antagonists" from Final Fantasy Tactics, to be honest. They fought because they believed it would be better for Ivalice in the end. I never cared antagonists who were bad just 'cause, even if they had entertaining dialogue.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts is probably my favourite game character of all-time, and as the final boss of his game, he definitely counts as a villain. :3 Also from that series, I adore Larxene and I think Xemnas is hilarious, though I'm not sure thinking a final boss is laughable really counts as loving him. I did name my fish after him though!

Also Pi-Face in TWEWY is my next favourite for sure. :3 Math! And bad art! All in one package with a cool hat! What more could a girl want? ♥

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Ganon, from the short-lived Zelda cartoon show. Snaps his fingers and teleports two feet in front of him. Does it repeatedly and get across the room. He's too awesome to use his feet.

Really though, I don't think I have a favourite. Most of what I play are Nintendo games, and the villains don't really show up other than bookends. So, I have no connection.

I dunno... I'll go with Joker in Batman: Arkham Asylum I guess :\

Back