• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHY SO MUCH HATE!?

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
.....for Bulbasaur!!!

I just really want to know why everyone dislikes him. I think it's

such a creative design and idea for a pokemon. I love it. I'm suprised

more poeple like turtwig.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
People hate Bulbasaur?

He's Pokemon #001. I don't see how you could possibly hate him.
Speaking in terms of release, he's the first ever Pokemon.
One of the first 3 you ever experience.

I mean sure, it's a matter of opinion but he's not that unlikeable.

Bohemian_Rhapsody

Professional Daydreamer
Years
I thought a lot of people liked Bulbasaur? I know I generally didn't pick him because I tend not to pick grass types as a starter but I still like him anyways.

I think there's only dislike because he's a grass type starter and wasn't designed to look cool like Treecko or Snivy but rather cute. But I like his evolutions better than Treecko's last evolution so. :\

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
I know! I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Bulbasaur! I think a lot of people don't like it because its evolutions get uglier and slower...Ah well. Hands down my favorite, though.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
People hate Bulbasaur? Apparently from the comments thus far it must not be the forum goers here. I don't know what prompted you to believe a good deal of people hate Bulbasaur, but that just doesn't seem to be the case.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
Years
I guess it's because the Bulbasaur line (particularly Venusaur) doesn't have that "cool" feel to it, like the Charmander or Squirtle lines. That said, Bulbasaur is by far my favorite of the Kanto Starters, if only because it's the only one with a legitimately creative design. In terms of appearance, Squirtle's just a blue turtle and Charmander's just an orange lizard. I can see why Blastoise has a lot of fans, though, but nothing about Charizard strikes me as particularly interesting... But, this is a thread about Bulbasaur, so enough of that.

Also, Bulbasaur has way more fans than Turtwig does. Coincidentally, Turtwig is my favorite Sinnoh Starter, but that statement seems false...

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
woops lol well maybe im wrong then. But whenever ive seen posts about bulbasaur on these forums theyh are almost always bad. Maybe i've just been looking at the bad ones :D

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
Years
I'd say it's probably because it's final evolution is "ugly" instead of "cool" like Charmander's & Squirtle's.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
...What? People hate him? I love Bulbasaur, he's just so awesome! Ivysaur beats him though cause he's so cool xD
Spr_2c_002.gif

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Bulbasaur is as cool as a cucumber, or was that treeko? XD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
...What? People hate him? I love Bulbasaur, he's just so awesome! Ivysaur beats him though cause he's so cool xD
Spr_2c_002.gif

gbc003.gif
But Venusaur totally rocks the grass type world's socks. Seriously, I have no idea why people wouldn't like bulbasaur and think he and his lines aren't as memorable. I for one, love the fact that it was showcased in the manga not to mention that it does look exactly cool like both Blastoise and Charizard. It might not have wings or some massive water shooting cannons but it's still got some hefty strength of it's own.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

gbc003.gif
But Venusaur totally rocks the grass type world's socks. Seriously, I have no idea why people wouldn't like bulbasaur and think he and his lines aren't as memorable. I for one, love the fact that it was showcased in the manga not to mention that it does look exactly cool like both Blastoise and Charizard. It might not have wings or some massive water shooting cannons but it's still got some hefty strength of it's own.

Venusaur grew on me. As a kid, I had no interest. I used Blastoise because it was easy, but always wanted to use Charizard because it was cool, and didn't care one way or the other. But now every time I see Venusaur I just think "so coooool~", haha.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
IMO Bulbasaur evo line is heavily underrated in my IRL community. Everybody says venusaur isn't as cool-looking as charizard or blastoise is, or whatnot, and it also provides easier game at the start of RBY & FRLG so many automatically think it's for noobs.

Back