• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cave Story

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years

Cave Story
(Doukutsu Monogatari)

Cave Story is a freeware game developed by a person named Daisuke Amaya. His online name being "Pixel". The game was developed for 5 years, and everything was done by Pixel himself. Not to mention he released the game free after all that hard work. The graphics, art, programming, story, everything. The game was also released on WiiWare, DSiWare and a remake is in development for the 3DS. It's an amazing platformer, and I encourage those who haven't played it to do so. For those who have played it, what did you think of the game? Favourite characters? Bosses? Stages? Discuss.

Website to Cave Story.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It is indeed an amazing game - quite enjoyable and the effort shows (and for a game made entirely by one person, graphics and music and all iirc, it's quite impressive). I love tunes like Grasstown/Bushlands and Running Hell for starters, but a number of others are also quite good. =)

Favourite boss - well Balrog rates up there just because he's an entertaining character with his 'Huzzah!' and appearance of a bar of soap/toaster. I am interested in the 2.5D version for the 3DS, although hopefully it won't look too bad as I liked how it looked already in 2D. =/ I guess we shall see!

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
My two favourite tracks would have to be Mimiga Town and Moon Rhapsody.

As for Balrog, he's just awesome. xDD;;
Apparently, in the WiiWare version, they made him say, "Oh Yeah!" instead of "Huzzah!"
Which is quite amusing, and reminds me of the Kool-Aid Man.
I personally liked battling the Core. It's pretty fun. o3o

Anyway, we haven't seen much of the 3DS version. I really hope they don't make the Mimigas look bad. xDD;;

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Heh, I can acutally play Mimiga Town on the keyboard. ^^ (Still need to learn half the left hand part though). I do wonder how many people know about the actual origins of the Jenka I and II tunes though...

Yeah... apparently a fair bit of stuff wasn't translated as it should according to Pixel iirc - hence Huzzah becoming Oh Yeah and Grasstown --> Bushlands, etc. I still think of it as Huzzah though. XD

Back