• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[No Time For Losers] Champion Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
29qiqmb.png

No Time For Losers

Welcome to the club celebrating the Pokémon Champions! Whether they're in a game, in the anime, or in the manga, this club is for anyone who likes them. You don't have to like every Champion to join, of course - feel free to join just because you think Cynthia is attractive if you'd like! Although that might leave you with not much to discuss...

Rules​

1. Please follow all PokéCommunity and Pokémon Groups rules.
2. Try not to go off-topic too often.
3. Respect all members.
4. Each member can have one of the Pokémon that a Champion uses as a partner in the main games. It can be any Pokémon that they have used, not just their personal partners, but only one per member! Also, feel free to double up on Pokémon; all of you can choose Garchomp if you so desire.

Partners

Here's a rundown of all the Pokémon available to be picked as partners. When you fight the Champion multiple times, the teams shown here are the teams that they had the last time you battled them as Champion of their region. Also, in the case of Blue, if you want your partner to be any of the Kanto starters that's perfectly fine.

Blue
003.png
/
006.png
/
009.png
018.png
065.png
112.png
103.png
059.png

Red
025.png
131.png
143.png
003.png
009.png
006.png

Lance
130.png
006.png
142.png
149.png
x3

Steven
227.png
346.png
344.png
348.png
306.png
376.png

Wallace
321.png
073.png
340.png
272.png
130.png
350.png

Cynthia
442.png
423.png
407.png
448.png
350.png
445.png

Alder
617.png
626.png
621.png
584.png
589.png
637.png

Members

Spoiler:

Sign-Up & Topics

When you're joining, use this sign-up format:

Name:
Favorite Champion:
Partner:

And here's a topic to get you started! As the topics change I'll update the first post, but I won't delete the last one in case any newer members want to answer some older topics.

Do you prefer the Elite Four/beat the Champion system in the games, or the tournament-style battling in the anime/manga for choosing a Champion? Why?

What extra responsibilities do you think a Champion should have other than accepting challengers? Do you think they should have duties around the Region as well, such as the duties a Miss America winner would have?

If you could change your favorite Champion's team, how would you change it?

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Ooh A club I've never seen made here! Me join :3

Name: zappyspiker
Favorite Champion: ooh soo tough, I really like both Blue and Lance but I think Red would have to take that spot
Partner: Pikachu (Or Pika as from PokeSpec)

Do you prefer the Elite Four/beat the Champion system in the games, or the tournament-style battling in the anime/manga for choosing a Champion? Why?

The system I like for choosing the Champion is the Tournament-Anime/Manga style. Probably because it really chooses the best of all trainers and eliminates to find the champion out of the many strong trainers. The Champion will always change (sometimes having the same champion for a period of time). That and I'm not willing to be standing around forever in a room

Btw Red had an Espeon but only in G/S/C

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
My thought process on joining this club:
"Oh, cool title. Queen FTW."
"Oh it's a Champions FC."
"..."
"FYEAH STEVEN ZOMG JOINING"

Nice to see you got yo butt in here btw Toujours. :3 I highly approve of this FC.

Name: Anna
Favorite Champion: STEVEN FTW. Alder's a beast and Wallace is fabulous but HELL YEAH STEVEN
Partner: Metagross~~

I like the tournament-style best. Agreeing with zappy's points up there. The games-style is fine, but it's awkward how after the game you're technically the champion but still aimlessly wandering around the region. Kinda makes you wonder: how many others are there? How strong is the champion, really? Is he/she just a figurehead? :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ooh A club I've never seen made here! Me join :3

Name: zappyspiker
Favorite Champion: ooh soo tough, I really like both Blue and Lance but I think Red would have to take that spot
Partner: Pikachu (Or Pika as from PokeSpec)

The system I like for choosing the Champion is the Tournament-Anime/Manga style. Probably because it really chooses the best of all trainers and eliminates to find the champion out of the many strong trainers. The Champion will always change (sometimes having the same champion for a period of time). That and I'm not willing to be standing around forever in a room

Btw Red had an Espeon but only in G/S/C

Yeah, I left Espeon out because I figured you see him last in HG/SS, so I figured I'd go with the team he had there over the one he had in the originals. :P Welcome to the club!

I have to agree with you on the tournament - it must be really hard to hone your skills and practice as a Champion, and a tournament would probably be the place where you'd meet the most skilled trainers. But it does make me wonder - since if you get all 8 badges you can skip the tournament entirely, do trainers go to the tournament because they're too lazy to get all 8 badges, or just for the competition? xD

Edit:
TheSmartOne said:
My thought process on joining this club:
"Oh, cool title. Queen FTW."
"Oh it's a Champions FC."
"..."
"FYEAH STEVEN ZOMG JOINING"

Nice to see you got yo butt in here btw Toujours. :3 I highly approve of this FC.

Name: Anna
Favorite Champion: STEVEN FTW. Alder's a beast and Wallace is fabulous but HELL YEAH STEVEN
Partner: Metagross~~

I like the tournament-style best. Agreeing with zappy's points up there. The games-style is fine, but it's awkward how after the game you're technically the champion but still aimlessly wandering around the region. Kinda makes you wonder: how many others are there? How strong is the champion, really? Is he/she just a figurehead? :P

Steven? That's actually pretty surprising xD Welcome! And yeah, decided Volcarona was way too specific :P

Yeah, if they just wanted to do something small to the games to make it more realistic, they should have the Champion that you deposed disappear, but call you every once in a while saying that he wants to try for his title back, or some random set of 5 strong trainers call you for matches to try to get the title back.

Also, I can totally imagine the youngsters all over the region: "I'M THE CHAMPION! I LIKE SHORTS!"

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Name: 2cool4mewtwo
Favorite Champion: Rival Gary Oak.
Partner: Mewtwo.

To be honest I don't know how anime-style champion works, because I don't even know how you can become E4 in the anime, or how E4 battles the "champion" and the tournament style is "separate" and all. (maybe not "separate," but I'm still confused)

Skip Class

Years
I have to agree with you on the tournament - it must be really hard to hone your skills and practice as a Champion, and a tournament would probably be the place where you'd meet the most skilled trainers. But it does make me wonder - since if you get all 8 badges you can skip the tournament entirely, do trainers go to the tournament because they're too lazy to get all 8 badges, or just for the competition? xD

I say they're just too lazy xD Probably because they know they'll be some tough competition against other trainers out there. I mean trainers beat gym leaders all the time. They might think what's the point of battling someone who's already when been beaten by others. Going to a tournament means new competition of which you can only beat people who haven't yet been beaten in that tournament.

Also, I can totally imagine the youngsters all over the region: "I'M THE CHAMPION! I LIKE SHORTS!"

All I can imagine from that line is Youngster Joey "I'M THE CHAMPION! MY RATTATA IS THE TOP PERCENTAGE OF RATTATA... and I LIKE SHORTS"

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Name: 2cool4mewtwo
Favorite Champion: Rival Gary Oak.
Partner: Mewtwo.

To be honest I don't know how anime-style champion works, because I don't even know how you can become E4 in the anime, or how E4 battles the "champion" and the tournament style is "separate" and all. (maybe not "separate," but I'm still confused)

Welcome! :3 Unfortunately, Mewtwo isn't a Pokemon owned by a Champion :( You're welcome to pick another one though!

Basically, a rundown of the tournament-style is that trainers from across the region all come to the tournament area wishing to become the Champion, and instead of fighting all 8 Gym Leaders, they fight each other. Whoever wins gets the opportunity to fight the Elite Four and the Champion.

I say they're just too lazy xD Probably because they know they'll be some tough competition against other trainers out there. I mean trainers beat gym leaders all the time. They might think what's the point of battling someone who's already when been beaten by others. Going to a tournament means new competition of which you can only beat people who haven't yet been beaten in that tournament.

Hahaha. That is a good point, maybe they're just really confident that they'll win the tournament without needing the badges! It makes me curious how many Champions would become that from the tournament without any badges, or if they would all do that. xD

All I can imagine from that line is Youngster Joey "I'M THE CHAMPION! MY RATTATA IS THE TOP PERCENTAGE OF RATTATA... and I LIKE SHORTS"

LOL every Youngster ever. "MY RATTATA IS IN THE TOP PERCENTAGE OF CHAMPIONS!" Every trainer with the Champion title...a little off-topic but there should be a Joey challenge where you can only use 6 Rattata.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Steven? That's actually pretty surprising xD Welcome! And yeah, decided Volcarona was way too specific :P
Is it? Why's that? Were you thinking I'd go for Wallace because of my obvious love of flamboyant men? xD

Yeah, Poke-Specific clubs tend to go down pretty fast. :(

Yeah, if they just wanted to do something small to the games to make it more realistic, they should have the Champion that you deposed disappear, but call you every once in a while saying that he wants to try for his title back, or some random set of 5 strong trainers call you for matches to try to get the title back.
Excellent plan. I hadn't thought it out tbh but that would work very well. Next gen, eh? Or perhaps even the RSEmakes!

omg literal lol right there xD

Edit:
I would totes take the Joey challenge. Isn't there a misc. challenges thread somewhere?

Skip Class

Years

Hahaha. That is a good point, maybe they're just really confident that they'll win the tournament without needing the badges! It makes me curious how many Champions would become that from the tournament without any badges, or if they would all do that. xD

I'd really like to see a tournament between Champions who won from badges and beating the E4 and all VS the Champions who've won from tournaments... now that would really decide who becomes the ultimate champion!

LOL every Youngster ever. "MY RATTATA IS IN THE TOP PERCENTAGE OF CHAMPIONS!" Every trainer with the Champion title...a little off-topic but there should be a Joey challenge where you can only use 6 Rattata.

That is the most badass challenge I've heard of SOMEONE MAKE IT NAO . The day someone finishes that challenge I'm officially calling them Joey xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is it? Why's that? Were you thinking I'd go for Wallace because of my obvious love of flamboyant men? xD

Yeah, Poke-Specific clubs tend to go down pretty fast. :(

SO SUE ME :( But really, I forget all about Steven and Wallace for some reason. Probably because it's been sooo long since I've played one of those games, I even remember Cynthia even though I hated Pearl XD Totally not because she's a girl I swear! But I bet when the remakes come around I'll remember them :3 Do you think they'll work Wallace in as a champion somehow in R/S, since they don't seem to be remaking third games?

Excellent plan. I hadn't thought it out tbh but that would work very well. Next gen, eh? Or perhaps even the RSEmakes!

omg literal lol right there xD

Edit:
I would totes take the Joey challenge. Isn't there a misc. challenges thread somewhere?

Third B/W game yeahhhh! Too bad that they don't really use the phone that way in B/W :(

Edit:
I'd really like to see a tournament between Champions who won from badges and beating the E4 and all VS the Champions who've won from tournaments... now that would really decide who becomes the ultimate champion!

What if their skills were all worn down though? :( Like Oak, he was Champion once in the manga I believe but now he can't fight anymore. But yeah, that would definitely be an interesting experiment to see which hones your skills better XD I could see people from the tournament being good all-around, but people from badges being only good at defeating particular types of Pokemon, since you can plan ahead for badges.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
SO SUE ME :( But really, I forget all about Steven and Wallace for some reason. Probably because it's been sooo long since I've played one of those games, I even remember Cynthia even though I hated Pearl XD Totally not because she's a girl I swear! But I bet when the remakes come around I'll remember them :3 Do you think they'll work Wallace in as a champion somehow in R/S, since they don't seem to be remaking third games?
xD

Noo how could you ever forget them? D: I probably remember them best because Emerald was my first game & Hoenn is my favorite region though. Tbh I tend to forget about Cynthia.

I think for the RSEmakes they'll do like they did in Emerald- Wallace as champion and Steven as some kind of vagabond the wandering geologist.

Third B/W game yeahhhh! Too bad that they don't really use the phone that way in B/W :(
They could work something in with the LiveCaster or w/e it is. Despite the hype they didn't do much with it in-game. :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
xD

Noo how could you ever forget them? D: I probably remember them best because Emerald was my first game & Hoenn is my favorite region though. Tbh I tend to forget about Cynthia.

I think for the RSEmakes they'll do like they did in Emerald- Wallace as champion and Steven as some kind of vagabond the wandering geologist.

They could work something in with the LiveCaster or w/e it is. Despite the hype they didn't do much with it in-game. :/

I think before I knew who she was I used her sprite on PO because I thought the design was super cool, haha. Then I switched once I realized I was using a named character's sprite because I'm weird like that. xD Also, baha wandering vagabond. I tried to look up "Steven Pokemon hobo" on dA because I'm sure there's some fanart of it and came up with a fangirl drawing of Steven in bandages and chains. o_o

This is true! Although there probably wouldn't be random trainers calling him, they could set it up directly to...whoever runs the Pokemon League, one of the Elite Four maybe? And just have some kind of default call for a trainer coming to challenge you. xD I can dreeeeam.

Skip Class

Years

What if their skills were all worn down though? :( Like Oak, he was Champion once in the manga I believe but now he can't fight anymore. But yeah, that would definitely be an interesting experiment to see which hones your skills better XD I could see people from the tournament being good all-around, but people from badges being only good at defeating particular types of Pokemon, since you can plan ahead for badges.

You have do have a point but we could steal young Sammy Oak from the past! xD

Your right seeing as in a tournament different trainers will have a mix of different pokemon in their teams but the E4/Gym challenge is just are really one typed and knowing what type of gym it is you'd already have the advantage. In Gyms certain rules can be set for both the Challenger and Gym Leader where as in tournament same rules apply for both opponets

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think before I knew who she was I used her sprite on PO because I thought the design was super cool, haha. Then I switched once I realized I was using a named character's sprite because I'm weird like that. xD Also, baha wandering vagabond. I tried to look up "Steven Pokemon hobo" on dA because I'm sure there's some fanart of it and came up with a fangirl drawing of Steven in bandages and chains. o_o
No I get it I'm like that too lol.

I'm quite numbed to that stuff by now. I looked through everything tagged "Steven Stone" on tumblr. Yeah... don't do that guys.

This is true! Although there probably wouldn't be random trainers calling him, they could set it up directly to...whoever runs the Pokemon League, one of the Elite Four maybe? And just have some kind of default call for a trainer coming to challenge you. xD I can dreeeeam.
The cheerleader guy who's at every gym! He could call and tell you that kind of thing! Then he'd be like... useful. xD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

You have do have a point but we could steal young Sammy Oak from the past! xD

Your right seeing as in a tournament different trainers will have a mix of different pokemon in their teams but the E4/Gym challenge is just are really one typed and knowing what type of gym it is you'd already have the advantage. In Gyms certain rules can be set for both the Challenger and Gym Leader where as in tournament same rules apply for both opponets

I wonder what kind of random rules they can set:

1. No using Pokemon whose names begin with C or R.
2. Your Pokemon must use all its moves in reverse alphabetical order.

TheSmartOne said:
The cheerleader guy who's at every gym! He could call and tell you that kind of thing! Then he'd be like... useful. xD;

Hahah, wasn't his name Clyde?! "Hey, Champ-in-the--uh, I mean Champ!" Best guy everrr.

Skip Class

Years

I wonder what kind of random rules they can set:

1. No using Pokemon whose names begin with C or R.
2. Your Pokemon must use all its moves in reverse alphabetical order.

Imagine challenging a ground type gym leader under those rules with a team with Pokemon like Chinchou, Charizard, Croconaw, Raikou, Raichu and Roselia. Your first pokemon having the move like Zap Cannon where Electric has no effect on ground types.... well your screwed xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Imagine challenging a ground type gym leader under those rules with a team with Pokemon like Chinchou, Charizard, Croconaw, Raikou, Raichu and Roselia. Your first pokemon having the move like Zap Cannon where Electric has no effect on ground types.... well your screwed xD

Ahaha. I can imagine some really interesting matchups if they just banned random Pokemon letter names or something dumb like that. XD;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Name: JP
Favorite Champion: Lance
Partner: Gliscor

Welcome to the club! Unfortunately, I don't think any Champions use a Gliscor :( You're welcome to pick another Pokemon though!

How do you feel about the current topic? Do you prefer the game or the anime Champion?

Pkmn-Br33der

Consistent Trader;D
Years
Partner: Lucario
How do you feel about the current topic? Do you prefer the game or the anime Champion?

To me, I feel like I like the game version more because I have no tv to watch those anime shows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back