• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my favourite Unova team

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I need some help and advice with my RU Unova team, i team of my favourite pokemon found in the Unova Region, Gen 5 pokemon and ones found in Unova post national-dex.

I do not want to change any pokemon i already have, just want help and advice on others. This team is for in game and the battle subway and casual battles only.

so far...

Altaria with Leftovers
Calm Nature (+ Special Defence, - Attack)
252 HP, 252 Special Defence, 4 Defence
Cotton Guard
Toxic
Roost
Flamethrower

Toxic to toxic them, cotton guard to boost defences a heap, roost to roost of the damage and flamethrower to hit steel types and poison/grass or poison/bug types super effectively who are immune to toxic. Simple.

I need a couple of special sweepers and a couple of physical sweepers, along with one other wall. I would like some of them to be gimmicky/original/weird sets.

Physical Attackers
I want my physical attackers to be two of these:
  • Braviary (Sheer Force, crush claw, rock slide set)
  • Absol
  • Fearow
  • Swellow
  • Cloyster
  • Mienshao
  • Basculin
Special Attackers
I want my special attackers to be two of these:
  • Ampharos
  • Liligant
  • Masquerain
  • Yanmega
I am open to anymore suggestions and sets :), many thanks

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Yeah, you should go with Braviary and Basculin from the Physical side, and Lilligant from the Special side. As a second Special attacker, I suggest you something else... Hydreigon?

Physical Side

Braviary @ Life Orb
Jolly, Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Crush Claw
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Slide
- U-Turn

Sheer Force works with everything bar U-Turn, which is for scouting.
Crush Claw is STAB, even is I would go with Slash: 5 less BP, but 5 more Accuracy, and still affected from Sheer Force. Shadow Claw lets him hit Ghosts, and Rock Slide gives coverage.

Basculin @ Muscle Band
Jolly, Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Chip Away

Adaptability raises Aqua Jet and Waterfall's power, giving them 120 and 240 BP respectively, and more with Muscle Band. Crunch gives some coverage, and Chip Away helps with Bulk Up users and stuff like that.

Special Side

Lilligant @ Leftovers
Modest, Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Put the enemy to Sleep, QD a couple, then wreck the world. Energy Ball is a good STAB. HP Rock hits the Flying-type Pokemon that resist Lilligant's STAB attack, also nailing Chandelure for super effective damage.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Modest, Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Surf

This wrecks ****. Pulses are STABs, Flamethrower hits Bugs and Surf adds some coverage.

As for the Wall you already have it, let's go for a Bulky Lead.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Careful, Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs does great damage every turn.
EV spread make Defenses 352/330/330.
Rocks, Seeds and T-Wave to cripple the enemy, could hit with PW or switch to something better.

Back