PDA

View Full Version : So I'm supposed to create an introduction thread...

SilverAbsol
December 4th, 2011, 8:56 AM
Okay so...I'm SilverAbsol, new here at the communities. I'm not sure on what to say but I'm looking forward to mingling with the community, maybe even learning to use the hacking software everyone uses to make their own roms >.<

So yeah, SilverAbsol is here. Yay and such.

Meganium
December 4th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Why hey there, SilverAbsol! It's great to have seen you join the community! You're just at the right place when it comes to learning about the hacking software. Why not head on over to the Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) section of the forums and do some exploring there? We have a wide variety of tools, tutorials, and even all the advice you may (or will) need for your hack. The tutorials here are quite helpful, so I encourage you to read that might be of interest.

And speaking of interest, if you get the chance, why not join in on some discussions here at the community? Not only you can be active on some, you can also make a few friends here and there. We're really friendly & stuff. :)

aaaand we're also quite helpful too. So if you ever need any help getting around the forums & such, do feel free to send me or a member of the higher staff a private message. We're here to help! :) See ya around. :D

Minishcap
December 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Hi SilverAbsol. I'll think I'll remember you by your typing and colour. ; -)

SilverAbsol
December 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Thank you for the welcome Meganium. I've already taken a look at the tutorials and taken to trying to create a small village (Read; failing), haha. I've input in a few discussions, but things seem to be quiet for now. I'm feeling at home here :)

Haha, I'm gonna change the colour pretty soon Minishcap, Teal is blinding me >.<

Raizhu
December 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the forums! I like your choice of text color.
As Meganium90 said, you should check out the emulation forum and see if that interests you. :]

Meganium
December 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Thank you for the welcome Meganium. I've already taken a look at the tutorials and taken to trying to create a small village (Read; failing), haha. I've input in a few discussions, but things seem to be quiet for now. I'm feeling at home here :)

Haha, I'm gonna change the colour pretty soon Minishcap, Teal is blinding me >.<

Actually, the teal on my end isn't that blinding. When I was a new member, I used to use this green. Hard to read, eh? But still, it's your choice if you want to change the color. I think it's alright.

SilverAbsol
December 4th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I probably just have a bright monitor, haha.

The emulation section is indeed interesting. I'm currently interested in Shattered Dreams right now, but as soon as I can figure out stuff on my own, I'll be starting up my own hack, hopefully >.<

Minishcap
December 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I have no problem reading your texts, and IMO you should keep it like this. In five years when I click on a thread and I see the teal I will think "Ah SilverAbsol, that old fox...what is he up to now? Probably flirting with all the girls while masterminding his new grand city!".

SilverAbsol
December 4th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Flirting with all the girls? My girl would murder me if we're still together five years from now, haha!

And by that time hopefully we'll have Black and White modifiers and a game or two hacked by me >.>

Twiggy
December 4th, 2011, 9:04 PM
Welcome to the forums, huh? For some reason the teal is really blinding to me. Must be the current default style, huh? Light on white doesn't seem to be all good... But, hey, I think it's still interesting that you customized it, huh? I only do "safe" customizations for posts, like only fonts, huh?

Have fun around the forums, anyway! I think it's interesting to think about customization options of everyone involved, huh?

Snivy063
December 5th, 2011, 1:57 AM
Welcome aboard, Silver Absol! The other thing that actually made me register on PC is to learn about how hacking works, yes, I'm an amateur hacker! I've learned a lot of stuff when I joined this forum, such as basic scripting, spriting, improving my mapping and the like! I'm sure PC would be able to help you out as it did with me! So visit the Emulation section if you want to learn about this stuff, you will find all the tutorials there useful as well as the tools made by our own fellow PC members! :D ..

You will find this place very interesting & exciting at the same time. You could discuss everything about Pokemon here - starting from the game itself, the anime/series, the manga, trading cards, spin-offs and much much more! It's all-in-one here! What's better is that you could also find topics that are not related to Pokemon, so if your ever bored of the discussions in the Pokemon boards, then the Off-topic place would be the best spot to hang out and you could also get to meet a lot of new friends and make a bunch of 'em! <3

But there's one thing that you must always remember, PC is very strict when it comes to the rules & regulations, so you must always be careful in doing something risky or with something that your not sure of, so before you do something like that make sure to ask the section Moderator of the certain board you wanted to post or do something in, but don't hesitate to approach me as well. I don't bite! With that, have a great time here at PC aaand looking forward to see you around~

Moelle
December 5th, 2011, 2:45 AM
Welcome to PC. I'll see you around the emulation section cuz I'm a new player in the ROM Hacking business as well. Better start working on it today actually now that I have some time...

SilverAbsol
December 5th, 2011, 9:16 AM
I apologise for the font Twiggy, if I ever make a thread I'll be sure to make it in Black, and then continue to post in Teal, out of respect for those who wish to keep their eyes.

Hopefully I will get help Snivy, because currently I have a few answers which haven't been answered yet and no tutorial seems to help or no one seems to answer, haha >.<
I'm good with forums, being one of the few decent people in Dead Frontier has made me into an excellent forumer :p

Hey Moelle, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your work, and help test it if you'd like ^.^