• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation of the deleted SSBB character, "Pra_Mai"

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I came across some interesting information. Hackers have found evidence of deleted characters that were planned to be in Brawl. The identity of the file "Pra_Mai" is disputed. I looked it up, and the most common theory is that it was meant to be Plusle and Minun. But there was also dispute of Plusle and Minun's Japanese spelling and pronunciation. Others say it loosely translates to "every character" meaning "Pra_Mai" could be the random option. One person said the initials stood for something Power Rangers related.

Does anyone have any other theories or proof of the other theories? I'm most interested in the Plusle and Minun theory.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
There's not enough information to come to any solid conclusion about Pra_Mai unless more details are ever unearthed about Brawl's development. Sometimes mysteries will stay that way forever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2012
Inb4 MissingNo.
Also, everytime some one goes into the games files and finds something explainable, it turns into this.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
Years
To be honest, isn't Super Smash Bros. Brawl at least a year old? Im pretty sure the mod here is gonna lock this up since people are just guessing on something that is a little old.

Anyway, that could be like a Praying Mantis or a support character mabye?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
To be honest, isn't Super Smash Bros. Brawl at least a year old? Im pretty sure the mod here is gonna lock this up since people are just guessing on something that is a little old.

I'm sorry sweetie, but that logic we should soon close every Black and White thread since Black and White is more than a 1 year old from it's Japanese release.
Also SSBB has been in released in 2008, that's about 4 years old.

Enough of me going off topic for me. XD I always believed it might have been for Plusle and Minun, (as if there weren't enough Pokémon in the game XD) since going with the other naming conventions of the other scraped characters:
"dixie"
"dr_mario"
"mewtwo"
"roy"
"toon_sheik"
"toon_zelda"

Seems to fit, the only thing that bugs me that they're the only file name with capital letters. Unless it was leftover code for the original debugger's character select, which allowed them to have a shell of character that was able to use any other character's moveset. Oh the mysterious of scraped data in games! X3

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I guess we'll never know for sure. But with Brawl hacking, all those characters can be modded in! I even even downloaded the Pichu Brothers. <3 The Pichu Brothers even have alternate colors, two of them being Plusle and Minun! So whether the developers planned them or not, we got them anyways. ^_^

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
Years
Pra_Mai eh?
Well for a 4 year old game
Maybe it could be programmed for the next ssb
A possible create your own character thingy
I wonder why even bother hacking ssbb
japanese plusle minun Wouldve been better than jigglypuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back