PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Y2A_Alkis
January 3rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
I'm Y2A_146 or just Y2A for short.

I'm 24 years old and from germany. I've been a fan of pokemon since the very first games in 1999 and I played all of the main series versions and watched every single movie.

Recently, I stumbled across my rough design of two selfmade game versions - an excel sheet with all of my ideas, a whole bunch of text, 57 new fakemon all with movesets, first sketches of a map and a storyline. That idea is over 1 year old so I thought I give it a try here. I'm not mainly looking for a whole team to create a game out of it, but maybe I'll find a small place in an existing team who works on a RMXP game and I'll be able to share my ideas. I'm not that good with the RMXP maker - I tried before =)

So, I know that stuff goes into the Game Development Forum - but where exactly do I post when I'm looking to be part of a design team?

So long!

Broken_Arrow
January 3rd, 2012, 11:34 PM
well,Welcome here..i hope you enjoy your time around and have lots of fun..i'm sorry i don't know exactly where to post TBH..but sure someone gonna reply that for you..have fun and take care to read the rules :)

Snivy063
January 4th, 2012, 2:44 AM
Hello there, Y2A! Welcome to the forums. It's great to see an oldie join us once again! I've also been a Pokemon fan ever since I got my first copy as a child, it was Pokemon Yellow although what had gotten me really into Pokemon was G/S/C and the Pokemon Anime as well as the movies released! My favorite Pokemon movie of all time would definitely be the first movie! It was phenomenal, and I sure do hope the new movie that would be released would be good too! :D

I've never tried RMXP before since I'm into the whole hacking scene rather than the game developing. So, I really don't know how to answer your question. Although I checked around and there's no really a specific section for teams or groups in the Game Development section unlike in the Emulation section wherein you could start your own team, so I guess it's best to ask in the Beginner's Lounge (http://direct.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=220). And anyways, I'm pretty sure the members there would help you out in case you need any kind of assistance, so don't worry! :)

You might also want to check the whole forum by the way, it's really fun and I'm sure some topics might interest you as well especially the Pokemon Anime section or perhaps the section of each of the games wherein you could discuss your journey and pretty much everything about it. You could also come across off-topic discussions, yes in other words PC is diverse! And that's what's really cool about this place, you could just make this place your home if you want. ^^:;

Anyway, I really tried my best looking around that section, but I sure hope someone who knows that section well than me goes up here and answer that for you! Although, I hope I helped a bit - in some ways! xD;; Don't forget to read the rules if you still haven't and make sure to follow it all of the time, have a great time and enjoy your stay here at PC! Lovelots~

mondays suck
January 4th, 2012, 3:40 AM
Juhu, endlich nicht mehr allein! Endlich gibt es mal jemanden hier, der nicht von Arsch der Welt kommt http://www.p-rosenberg.de/bilder/smiley_zwinker.bmp

Meine Kenntnisse in deinem Hauptinteressengebiet hier könnte man zwar allerbestens als rudimentär bezeichnen sodass wir uns wohl kaum sonderlich viel sehen werden, aber egal.

Willkommen im Forum!

Twiggy
January 4th, 2012, 8:46 PM
Welcome to the forums, Y2A! Seems like you'll be heading to the Game Development section if your game isn't a hack of a preexisting game. :) That's probably where you want to go most right now, right?

Besides that, be sure to check out other parts of the forums - sometimes you come for X, but you end up staying for something other than X. (X is a placeholder)

Have fun around the forums, eh? Be seeing you pretty soon.