• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Final Tournament Deck

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
Okay, this is the final thread i'm posting of the deck i've been working on to enter in an official Pokemon tournament. I've gathered some cards from my Holiday presents which is why I am posting this thread. Please tell me what you think of it & here is the list:

Water Types:

4x Squirtle (Unleashed)
3x Wartortle (Unleashed)
2x Blastoise (Unleashed)
11x Water Energy

Grass Types:

4x Snivy (4ban Graphics Version)
3x Servine (4ban Graphics Version)
2x Serperior (Evolved Battle Tin promo)
2x Grass Energy

Fire Types:

4x Tepig (4ban Graphics Version)
3x Pignite (4ban Graphics Version)
2x Emboar (Evolved Battle Tin Promo)
11x Fire Energy

Trainer Cards:

2x Pokemon Collector
3x Rare Candy
1x Pokemon Communication
1x Energy Search - Energy Exchanger
2x Rocky Helmet

Please Tell me what you think of this deck & I have a question, What is the penalty to not bringing the deck list of your cards?

Years
You do not have to fill out a decklist in advance, but it is advantageous to pre-register for the tournament and do so, since it makes registration and deck registering go quicker for you. However, you will need a Play!Pokemon ID to participate. At most events, you will be able to get one when you register for the tournament.

As for the deck itself, it has far too few Trainers for my tastes (and, to be quite honest, far too few to even have a chance of succeeding in a tournament). 8 Trainers in the current tournament environment will get your deck crushed. You don't need anywhere near 24 energy. You should be able to get away with 16 in total easily. And you should be able to get more Trainers in there if you change the evolution lines to 2-2-2 lines. Up your counts of Communication, Collector, and Rare Candy to 4, you're going to need them with three evolutionary lines. Run 3 or 4 of either Professor Oak's New Theory or Cheren, maybe both. Also, acquire some Pokemon Catcher and Junk Arm, and run 3 Catcher and 2 Junk Arm.

Back