• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mass Effect 3

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Anyone else here playing Mass Effect 3?

I started playing last week and its pretty cool

here is the story recap

and walkthrough

it was released by EA jsut like a week ago

The story is pretty cool and lots of good action

what do you think?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The game looks absolutely amazing. I've just beaten Mass Effect 2, but I'm currently doing another playthrough that I would carry out my whole crew. Hopefully I can get all of the characters in ME3, as well as keep my character that I made. I don't want to have to make another. xD

Judging by the previews and the screenshots, I can say that this would probably be a lot better than the previous ME games. I do have plans to buy it, though! Hopefully soon I'll get my hands on it. :P

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I wouldn't mind giving this a shot, though I still haven't beaten the second due to my laziness and my gaming PC being down and out at the moment.

I saw one of the trailers for it and it looks like they're going all out on this one.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Haven't played it myself, and probably won't anytime soon. Though I've heard the ending was really bad (bad enough to ruin the entire trilogy for some people)

Yes, the ending was bad worst thing I have ever seen, and yes, it ruins the entire series for most people because it
Spoiler:

Zet

Years
I've been glued to it for the past few days. If anyone else is a PC gamer for it, add me on origin: OhMrZet for some multiplayer fun.

Zet

Years
I am quite disappointed that the Mass Effect 3 thread isn't booming with activity.

Here's some questions to try and boost activity:

1. What was your favourite part of the game?
2. Did you skip a mission or two while doing other missions?
3. How often did you use the spectre store to get certain items that you missed on a mission?

My answers:
1. Definitely the Geth Dreadnought mission since get two flirt special dialogue with Tali(and one hell of a jealousy dialogue if you kept Ashley alive and romanced her in ME1(I kept Kaidan alive because Ashley is a horrible person :x)).

2. I only missed two or three artifact missions so it wasn't that big of a deal for me.

3. I checked mostly all the time.

TY

Im about to play it, cause i almost downloaded the demo, and im really looking forward to this game (if i havent bought MW3 before, i could buy this game >.<)

Zet

Years
I haven't played the game yet, so I unfortunately can't answer any of those questions, but I did hear that somebody is literally making a federal case about the Mass Effect 3 ending.
And when I say Federal Case, I mean he seriously called the Feds to complain.

http://kotaku.com/5894278/mass-effect-3-fan-complains-to-the-feds-over-the-games-ending?tag=masseffect

Was it that bad?
Some people found it bad because....
Spoiler:

But bioware is in fact actually responding to those who don't like the end. So DLC is a possible future thing, though I wouldn't be surprised if you have to pay to get it... because of EA.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The ending was simply horrid. It didn't fit the tone of the game, and it left almost every question unanswered. To those who say the majority just aren't smart enough to understand: nope.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
It's simply a continuation of the downward spiral Bioware's been in since DA2. DA2 was absolutely awful, SWTOR was a joke, and ME3 was so bad even Bioware's new die-hard (and somewhat mentally impaired) fanbase realized it for the turd it was.

Still, despite all that, it's still OK. The dialogue is as good as ever and the gameplay is much better than the CAWADOODY crapfest that was ME2. The plot and how they tied in previous characters was kind of dumb. There are some real "ugh" moments as well, the stupid kid and the ending being two major ones. Also, I'm boycotting Origin-exclusive products, so I got the game through less-than-official channels.

The day one, on-disc DLC was completely unacceptable, as is the upcoming ending edit DLC (provided it's not free, which it won't be). Things I absolutely would never support if it wasn't the third game in a trilogy I've been following for years (and I didn't support anyway, if you get my meaning).

I'd give it 3 out of 5. Overall, it's a decent game but certainly not the "THRILLING 10/10 GOTY CONCLUSION" that the (obviously corrupt) reviewers seem to think it is (props to Erik Kain of Forbes for actually calling their integrity into question, you're a hero in my book). Not worth buying but worth playing if you played the previous ones.

Think I covered all the issues there. I can safely say this will be my last EA (and, by extension, Bioware) game ever until they change their business practices and attitude toward customers.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
It's simply a continuation of the downward spiral Bioware's been in since DA2. DA2 was absolutely awful, SWTOR was a joke, and ME3 was so bad even Bioware's new die-hard (and somewhat mentally impaired) fanbase realized it for the turd it was.

[...]

I can safely say this will be my last EA (and, by extension, Bioware) game ever until they change their business practices and attitude toward customers.

Though I completely agree with most of your post, these two segments basically express how I feel about EA + Bioware after Mass Effect 3.

When I heard that there was day 1 DLC, I flipped out. I dislike DLC as is (though i'm not completely opposed to it) but when paid DLC gets released the same day as the game, that's just unacceptable. I noticed that the new Ninja Gaiden game did this as well.

I think it's mainly EA's fault. They're just awful, and developers really need to stop turning towards them for publishing.
I constantly hear stories about how they completely disregard the developers and just treat them horribly, holding their paychecks if they don't do as they're told, etc etc. Sure, they're obligated to work with the publisher as the publisher is the one providing them money to develop the project, but my god, EA just needs to learn to trust the project directors/designers.

Yuoaman

Years
The thing is, Bioware is a subsidiary of EA, they don't get to choose their publisher. And I actually enjoyed - and still do enjoy - Dragon Age II, but I didn't go into it full of Bioware's BS PR. Also, cupcakes.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Fuss Cupcakes! That's pretty funny, haha.

The thing is, Bioware is a subsidiary of EA, they don't get to choose their publisher. And I actually enjoyed - and still do enjoy - Dragon Age II, but I didn't go into it full of Bioware's BS PR.

Ah I see, well that's unfortunate for Bioware. Hopefully they can pull it together and start making some more of the Bioware games we know and love. What I wouldn't do for a KOTOR game that I didn't have to pay a monthly fee for. ._.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years

Though I completely agree with most of your post, these two segments basically express how I feel about EA + Bioware after Mass Effect 3.

When I heard that there was day 1 DLC, I flipped out. I dislike DLC as is (though i'm not completely opposed to it) but when paid DLC gets released the same day as the game, that's just unacceptable. I noticed that the new Ninja Gaiden game did this as well.

I think it's mainly EA's fault. They're just awful, and developers really need to stop turning towards them for publishing.
I constantly hear stories about how they completely disregard the developers and just treat them horribly, holding their paychecks if they don't do as they're told, etc etc. Sure, they're obligated to work with the publisher as the publisher is the one providing them money to develop the project, but my god, EA just needs to learn to trust the project directors/designers.
Poor customer service, day 1 DLC, that sort of stuff is a result of EA. Bad plot and a poor ending are a result of bad developers.

The thing is, Bioware is a subsidiary of EA, they don't get to choose their publisher. And I actually enjoyed - and still do enjoy - Dragon Age II, but I didn't go into it full of Bioware's BS PR. Also, cupcakes.
I got some mild enjoyment out of it as well, I just felt it was a bad game. It outright pissed me off a few times. But this is about ME3, which was more or less the same way to me. It was fun some of the time, but overall it was a mediocre game (I wouldn't call it bad, just disappointing). A game can be entertaining enough for me to finish it without being a good game.

Ah I see, well that's unfortunate for Bioware. Hopefully they can pull it together and start making some more of the Bioware games we know and love. What I wouldn't do for a KOTOR game that I didn't have to pay a monthly fee for. ._.
Considering there are fewer than half a dozen employees still employed at Bioware who were there pre-EA, it would be more accurate to say "that's unfortunate for the former Bioware."

Yuoaman

Years
If it weren't for the last ten minutes Mass Effect 3 would have probably been my favorite game ever, no lie. There were some hiccups along the way, but no game is perfect - the ending, however, was so monumentally bad that it basically ruined the experience for me.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Poor customer service, day 1 DLC, that sort of stuff is a result of EA. Bad plot and a poor ending are a result of bad developers.

Considering there are fewer than half a dozen employees still employed at Bioware who were there pre-EA, it would be more accurate to say "that's unfortunate for the former Bioware."

You can tell I don't do much research outside of Nintendo, hahaha. :P
Sounds kinda like the "Rare" situation, though I doubt Bioware will ever boil down to producing nothing but shovel ware/motion sport games.

If it weren't for the last ten minutes Mass Effect 3 would have probably been my favorite game ever, no lie. There were some hiccups along the way, but no game is perfect - the ending, however, was so monumentally bad that it basically ruined the experience for me.

I think that's a good way to look at ME3. A lot of the people complaining about the game seem to be focusing on the ending and not the entire game before it. Sure, I can understand being mad about the fact that choices didn't matter and it had a bad ending, but overall it was a pretty fun game.

I haven't played it yet, but I did hear of the bad ending. Now get a load of this:

invoice.jpg

My take on this? I honestly had no idea Bioware was based in Edmonton. I would totally make the 4 1/2 hour trip to see this in person. Then I would lol and walk away.

I'm a bit curious to see how all that's going to play out. :P

Back