• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Close this thread if not needed.
So I was going over Serebii, and I saw some scans.
New Characters:
Spoiler:

Dex Changes:
Spoiler:

Pics of the new places:
Spoiler:

What do you think about the Trainers you're going to choose from?
What do you think of the other new characters, thier roles.
What do you think about the OW Sprites, battle sprites? Still the same?
Or did you think this is just the beta, and the game will change drastically?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
They made a point to mention a Scientist that researches Strength? There must be something important there.

1. Plot Related

2. Mechanic Related

Maybe the scientist is part of the plot, or gives easier access to dream world abilities?

I think he is the most mysterious character revealed so far.

and Sailor Moon + Pokemon will (the girl MC) will break sales records! She is so awesome!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
For me, the new female character is THE best female character. 2nd best for me is Kris. Imo.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
They made a point to mention a Scientist that researches Strength? There must be something important there.

1. Plot Related

2. Mechanic Related

Maybe the scientist is part of the plot, or gives easier access to dream world abilities?

I think he is the most mysterious character revealed so far.

and Sailor Moon + Pokemon will (the girl MC) will break sales records! She is so awesome!

Perhaps he's the professor who hooks your character up with their stater. Though I have to admit, he does seem a bit menacing. That would be a nice plot twist, have an evil professor for a change.

As for the characters, i'm kinda neutral on the male. I don't like him nor do I hate him. He could always be the Diamond/Pearl protagonist, which is the worst case scenario here.
I absolutely love the female. I may actually play as a female character in a game for a change.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I like the female and the rival. The males kinda took a loss with this character. But not too really concerned with how he looks, just hope the game is amazing.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
The male looks like Hilbert's child for some sort... Weird...

But I absolutely love the female! I'm gonna use her when I get my hands on the English release... and a DS... =/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The girl eyes are quite anime like xD
She's third to May and Dawn for me.
The boy is alright, he's fourth behind Brandon, Red, and Hilbert...
As for the Rival...he looks cool, he gives off that same aura Green and Silver did...I hope he's just as if not more cool than those two.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
That boy character needs to go to barber NOW :) Or maybe there will be barber in game? lol

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The rival is pretty cool in my opinion, but my favorite has to be the Poison type gymleader(girl in the middle with the guitar) Not really a fan of the new professor he looks menacing , but that would be an interesting plot twist. As for the protagonist, I love the female over the male. Not sure if I which one I'm gonna choose. Though if all goes as I planned, I'll get both Black 2 and White 2 and the one I pick as my main game, I'll choose the female and the other will be the male.

The male looks like Hilbert's child for some sort... Weird...
That's what I was thought until I read the games are taking place only 2 years later. So it's not possible for Hilbert to have a child in that time even though teenagers have kids all the time

Edit:Hilda+Princess Leia+Sailor Moon =Female protagonist

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I LOVE this male design more than Hilbert, and as for the female, yeah, she's better than Hilda. Omgomg I wonder what they'll be named. ;; Hopefully something better than Hilda/Hilbert or I will cry.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
@ Forever Finally someone who also liles the male character.
We don't even know their japanese names xD. Maybe their english names will have to do with ice, or maybe balance to fit with Kyurem. Luke and Dawn were light, while Hilbert and Hilda were strength (huh the new profs topic...), maybe the will continue the strength theme.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey you know, it could be opposite then, tbh. Something to do with dreams: Dreama and Darren? Ooh I like. I WANT.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I LOVE this male design more than Hilbert, and as for the female, yeah, she's better than Hilda. Omgomg I wonder what they'll be named. ;; Hopefully something better than Hilda/Hilbert or I will cry.

I'm hoping their English names are better than Hilda and Hilbert. Honestly they should of stucked with Blair and Whitlea.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I doubt that :( Those were fan-made as a rumour correct? I can't even remember, but I don't think they will since they'd much rather come up with their "better" names imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back