• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mini Promo Set: Brains, Brawn, and Beauty

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Yes, i'm making a 10 card Promo set in preperation for EX: Fury.

1/10 Ralts
2/10 Kirlia
3/10 Gardevoir
4/10 Beauty Jynx
5/10 Smart Chansey
6/10 Tough Sudowoodo
7/10 Machop
8/10 Machoke
9/10 Machamp
10/10 Shining Tropius

Here's my view on naming. I think that an adjective describing a Pokemon should be the same size as the Pokemon (except Shining and Shadow) name since "Dark" and "Light" are. However, if a Pokemon belongs to a trainer, it should be smaller than the Pokemon name, but in all caps. It's just the way I do it, I don't want to sound like MoCE, but you know what I mean...you can do it however you want.

Last edited:

CMP

Yes!
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Whoo! Excellent job, King Shuckle. I'm glad someone is using - and enjoying - my blanks. Thanks!

As I told you on AIM, I love it. The picture fits so well with the card, and Ritual Dance is a great attack. There's nothing to not love about the card. I can't wait to check out the rest of the cards (and EX: Fury, as well)!

CMP

Yes!
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
TyranitarDragonTrainer said:
It's nice, but what's ER?

It's what Contest Pok?mon have instead of HP. For future reference, here's Kat's rules (he came up with the idea, I made the blanks):

Katsuya @ Serebii said:
First of all, you can customise these anyway you like. I'm just posting this because I kinda came up with the idea.

Now, all placements and sizes are exactly the same with normal HL cards. So, what's different you ask.

1 - Instead of having a normal HP, pokemon now have "ER" or "Energy Rating". Basically, instead of having 50 HP, you'd have 50 ER. Pretty simple.

2 - Attacks are mostly the same, with only a few changes. Gone are the ideas of Paralysis, Confused etc. Now there are only 3.

Judges' Attention: On your next turn, flip a coin. If heads, your attack is doubled. If tails, nothing happens. (Would be put in an attack as "Your Pokemon has the Judges' Attention")

Boring Judges: The next time you are attacked, flip a coin. If heads, nothing happens. If tails, you receive +20 D from the next attack. (Would be put as "The defending pokemon is boring the judges")

Scared: Your next attack's damage is reduced by 20 D. (Would be put as "The defending pokemon is scared")

3 - Pokemon can also have a Combo Attack. These attacks are triggered by either: Having a certain pokemon on your contest team / Using a certain Trainer card / Using a certain attack a number of times, or the order of your attacks. Combo Attacks normally do alot of damage, but may differ depending on the pokemon in question (you choose really).

4 - Your bench is now called your "Contest Team". Just for attack effects really.

5 - You don't need to put "Tough" or "Smart" etc. in the name, since we have the blanks and symbols.

EDIT: 6 - I forgot to mention Weakness and Resistance. Normally, it'd be

Tough - Weak against Cute, Resistant against Smart
Smart - Weak against Tough, Reistant against Cool
Cool - Weak against Smart, Resistant against Beauty
Beauty - Weak against Cool, Resistant against Cute
Cute - Weak against Beauty, Resistant against Tough.

Hope this explains things.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
WEll we really dont need them weakness/resistance stuff...
But anyways, good job.
I'd like to see more from you and CMP's blanks. Oh and cool blanks too.^^

CMP

Yes!
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Ah, I didn't make the rules, although I believe the Weakness/Resistance is needed, only because the Pok?mon aren't represented by their true types (in which case a Psychic Weakness on Beauty Jynx would not make sense). And thanks for your compliments about the blanks! You can find a link to them all (and more) in my sig.

KS - I'm quite looking forward to Smart Chansey. Can't wait to see it.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
Heh, Smart Chansey hasn't been started yet, but I have managed to finish Gardevoir. Check it out! I'm not going to represent all Contest types right now, but the next mini-promo set, which will be after EX: Fury, I plan to make will have all 5. EX: Fury is basically a Light/Dark set with a few top secret cards...but I'll get more into it when I make an official thread for it.

EDIT: Smart Chansey is up!

Last edited:

CMP

Yes!
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Whoo! Smart Chansey.

Looks awesome, KS. As I told you on AIM, I like your art - it adds a different feel to the card. Attacks are great as well.

Nice work!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
err... isn't Smart Chansey a bit broken? O.o; draw cards and damage, along with the possibility of nervous if the trainer card is in play, for 1 energy? O.o;;; 110 hp is killer as well...

and what's the glasses in the chansey picture doing? =D;;

I LOVE gardevoir's picture ;_; Gardevoir looks even more elegant in that picture...

Housyasei-san

lalala
Years
Nicely done cards, KingShuckle! :P

The Jynx is very pretty. I don't know what Chansey doing either...and the Garde is extremely elegant. (PM original pic, pls) *cough* <_< >_> What? :nervous:

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
I'm glad you like my work. Tough Sudowoodo is finsihed!

promotoughsudowoodo7ti.jpg

Back