• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

exotic eating

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
What's the most exotic thing you've ever eaten? Where was it? Lastly, what's something that you'd really want to try out??

edit - it doesn't really have to be exotic, just any food out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I think it was alligator jerky. x:
I had forgotten about that. I've also eaten deer bologna when I was a kid (my father's friend hunted and butchered them himself).

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I suppose the most exotic thing I've eaten is sushi and sashimi, but I've been eating that for years so it's not really exotic anymore. Ummm some other stranger things I've eaten are deer and alligator. Deer is like really lean steak and is very good. Alligator tastes like a spicier chicken. I'd recommend any of these foods, really.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Probably a pineapple. I've drank Pineapple juice in Spain, so I thought I'd try it out, and I love it. I even love it in a pizza.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Probably Sushi. Octopus, especially grilled, is pretty common over here in the Mediterranean, so I dunno if it counts.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Closest thing I can think of is Chinese food... which isn't all that uncommon with restaurants like Panda Express and such.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Octopus and Eel in Sushi. Both are alright, though I have no real need to eat them again. I generally dont eat real exotic things like that. Also I had Venison once, it wasnt all that great, I'll stick with normal food.

Years
Deer meatloaf. I went into it thinking it'd be awful. It was. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't meatloaf, or it'd been made differently, or if I'd kept an open mind going into it.

Years
Of all the things I've tried, I'd probably go with alligator, only because it's the only thing I've tried where I don't know how to get it in a reliable supply. :P Then again, I haven't really looked before, so I don't actually know. I've only had it twice, once when someone brought some over to my house to eat (I swear it was chicken before they mentioned what it was), and once at a 4th of July festival.

Venison is something I've really wanted to try out someday. Or maybe escargot. There's probably a bunch of things I'd like to try out, but those two tend to stand out the most when I think about it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't know; I'm not afraid to, but I'm not really into trying things for the sake of it. I would say rabbit because chicken has replaced it as the de facto meat, so nobody eats them anymore, but rabbits themselves are hardly exotic animals to practically any country.

A penguin would be the strangest thing to me that still seems like a good idea to eat.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think Thai food is about as exotic as I've ever been haha. I didn't like it all that much. It wasn't bad but the spices they use are too Earthy and it gives the food a bit of a dirty texture that I'm not a fan of.

I'd like to try sushi one day! That's always interested me but I've always been too scared to try it haha

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me would have to be frog legs, they are kind of hard to find in Seattle. Once I do get to find some, I buy some, but they can be very expensive

Years
I think the two most exotic things I've ever eaten were wasabi flavored chocolate and a century/ hundred-year old egg (which are actually only a few months old). From what I remember, the egg basically smelled strong like ammonia, and I really didn't care for it. The wasabi chocolate, though, was surprisingly good. Not so much that I'd want to eat a whole bar of it, but good enough that I'd try it again if given the opportunity.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Rabbit meat or turtle soup, Chinese foods FTW! I would love to try dog/cat meat, but I would get shot by animal lovers here in PC. I've also eaten Crocodile meat, but I don't find that exotic, cos its easily available in my local supermarkets. Century eggs are also delicious, they are also known as preserved eggs.

Last edited:
Back