PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite theme song?

zdude18
February 12th, 2013, 3:29 PM
ive recently been watching old episodes and run across nostalgiac theme songs such has the johto league champions and master quest. whats your fav besides the original? mines season 7 (This Dream)

Altomare
February 12th, 2013, 3:52 PM
To be fair, I've only heard of a few of them, but of those I heard I liked the black and white one most (I heard it in the victini and zekrom/reshiram movie).

OffRoadSP
February 12th, 2013, 6:32 PM
This is way too hard... I only get to pick one? :cheeky:

Master Quest was a good one, as was We Will Be Heroes. The one for Sinnoh League Victors was my ringtone for a time also. I didn't care for Battle Frontier much.

ShinyUmbreon189
February 12th, 2013, 6:34 PM
The original, ancient one, the one in the first season.

Starry Windy
February 12th, 2013, 6:49 PM
My favorite theme besides the original is Pokemon World.

Hikamaru
February 12th, 2013, 9:03 PM
I actually liked a fair few of the theme songs but my all-time faves are Black & White (Season 14), Diamond & Pearl (Season 10) and Pokemon Theme (Season 1).

Firox
February 13th, 2013, 12:57 AM
I prefer listening to the Japanese themes over the English versions (especially the Unova openings)....

English i really like the how the vocals and the music in the 14th 15th and 16th openings work together. I could only vote for one so I went with the 14th, my favorite opening so far... love more the Spanish version more than English.

Sheep
February 16th, 2013, 7:58 PM
There are so many dub openings that I just adore. Born to Be a Winner was my favorite though I think, I adored the scene with all the gym leaders and the music was just fantastic. Listened to it over and over all the time when I was younger!

There's also I Wanna Be a Hero, This Dream, Unbeatable, and Pokemon Johto that I loooved.

Seki
February 17th, 2013, 3:24 AM
Born to be a winner and of course, I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST.

Kyonko
February 17th, 2013, 4:05 AM
Good call dropping the first one out as I would say everyone would have voted it their favourite lol. As for me I love Pokemon Johto, Diamond and Pearl and Black and White

Brendino
February 25th, 2013, 9:33 PM
I mainly watched the first few seasons of the series, so the original, Orange Islands and first Johto theme were all among my favorites.

Having heard all of the themes again recently, though, I remembered just how much I loved Unbeatable. It had a similar feel to some of the earlier themes, and would probably be second on my list of all of the themes (just behind the first one).

Ash
February 26th, 2013, 8:16 AM
I actually like most of them except for Diamond and Pearl's. Though in general I wasn't very fond of Sinnoh's openings. But if I had to choose with ones I liked the most it would have to go to the Original Theme, Pokemon Johto, This Dream, Unbeatable, and Black and White.

Now I'm going to go and listen to all the theme songs bbl.

Guy
February 27th, 2013, 7:40 AM
While I like a majority of them, it's the Battle Frontier theme song that sticks out the most for me. It came at a time when I was deep into Pokémon with some of my friends and every evening we would watch repeat airings of the Battle Frontier arc on Cartoon Network together. It was a lot of fun and for that it wins due to pure nostalgia. Literally every time I hear it, I go back to that moment in my life and I smile.

To specifically name a few others that stand out: Pokémon's Original Theme Song, Born to Be a Winner, I Wanna Be a Hero, and Diamond and Pearl.

Jokedon
February 28th, 2013, 6:36 AM
We will be heroes is just so cool, I couldnt stop listening to it for ages when I first saw it, it was playing in my head :D

roosterman
February 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM
my favorites are the first, third, and and 13th. i can't stand the 14th though. to me, listening to it is about as enjoyable as listening to a thousand screeching children.

Boilurn
February 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Pokemon World is my personal favorite. I do like a mix of rap and pop, and that's just what this song is. Pokemon Johto is a close second if I had to vote for another. So generally, I prefer the older songs, because the newer ones are a waste of time.

pikachu4249
February 28th, 2013, 7:46 PM
Sinninoh League Victors in the language of Japanese and Adventures in Unova in the language of English memorized and can sing very well the Japanese one. I don't know Japanese I just memorized.

Aquacorde
February 28th, 2013, 8:24 PM
Oh jeez. Um Believe In Me has always been one I adore. And then I Wanna Be A Hero and This Dream and Unbeatable are all amazing. And I wasn't all that enthused on Best Wishes dub openings to begin with but Black and White grew on me and aaaah Rival Destinies and It's Always You And Me are great. Although weirdly for Rival Destinies I don't like the extended version much? I usually like them a lot more.

Um but yeah those are my favourites. I'm not about to choose just one.
whoops my favourite themes correspond to my favourite seasons

Otter Mii-kun
March 1st, 2013, 6:02 PM
My favorite opening themes are Born To Be A Winner and the original Pokémon Theme. Both of them bring back memories for sure, particularly the latter.

Treecko
March 1st, 2013, 6:19 PM
Gah there's so many good dub themes. But my favorite has to be Pokemon Johto which is the one I voted for. The Do do dos are just so catchy.Right after that would be Battle Cry and the original theme cause I love singing in and it has good lyrics.

Dragooncroft
March 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Season 5: Believe in Me for the win! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/mischievous.gif

speedokaggen
March 3rd, 2013, 8:54 AM
The first season is the best!

Palamon
March 4th, 2013, 1:36 PM
I wanna be a hero...
(Pokemon Advanced)
I'm on my way!
I wanna be a hero
give me just one chance.

I Wanna Be A Hero is my favorite the lyrics are so lighthearted and probably will always get to me. Ahhhh. I got this one stuck in my head and I hope I never get it unstuck~.

Galukxy
March 4th, 2013, 2:36 PM
Gahhh, hard to chose, but the one that gets stuck in my head most often is "Pokemon World". So, that would have to be my favourite; besides that, I always felt nostalgic listening to the song over and over compared to the others.

Abydos
March 12th, 2013, 1:29 PM
I like the most season 9:battle frontier theme song

TrollShammy80
March 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
My favorites...are mostly all of them but if I had to pick one I really like Season 16's opener

It's the next chapter
The Ultimate Goal
Ready for Battle
Brave and Bold

:D

CliveKoopa
March 15th, 2013, 1:03 PM
Unbeatable is my favourite.

Kyonko - Actually, Unbeatable seems to always come out on top on these polls even if the original theme was included. At least from the ones I vote in.

ShadowMirror
March 21st, 2013, 2:09 AM
Ill have to say pokemon johto, we will be heros and battle cry. especially the movie versions, they are awesome

Rayziken 2
March 31st, 2013, 8:26 AM
Based on nostalgia I'll have to go with Unbeatable. I remember my first episode was the Relicanth Really Can, and that was an Advanced Battle episode, so it was the first Pokemon theme song that I ever heard.

Other ones that i like are I Wanna Be a Hero, This Dream, Believe in Me and Battle Cry. of course, I also like the first few too (I don't really like Pokémon World though, but it's bloody catchy).

Kikaito plush
March 31st, 2013, 8:48 AM
My favorite theme tune is:We will be heroes. it used to be pokemon Johto but we will be heroes is catcher.

Yukiyo Kayume
March 31st, 2013, 8:54 AM
I love both the season 1 / season 2 themes

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
March 31st, 2013, 9:28 AM
"It's a whole new world we live in!!" Haha Pokémon Johto's my favourite :D I don't know if it's because I watched that series religiously or what, but I just love the chorus of this one especially :D

Second would be "ooooooooooh, I'm Unbeatable!!" from Season 8 :)

"The power's in your haaaaaaaaaaaaand!!!!" and Battle Frontier would be third :)

"On the road, far from home" - I just love the opening of this one :)

Battle Cry/We Will Carry On I'll add to make a top 5 :)

Kitori
March 31st, 2013, 10:25 AM
I don't think I can pick a favorite other than the original... xD

Minato Arisato
March 31st, 2013, 9:32 PM
Pokemon Johto and Born to Be a Winner for me. The third generation songs are pretty nifty as well, but I think that's when I stopped watching the anime. I got tired of the same old formula used again and again. That, and the fact that I was one of the older fans that was turned off by the new generation of Pokemon.

Olli
April 1st, 2013, 5:26 PM
For me it's definitely the original, but since that one doesn't count, I have a few others who do rank quite close to each other as some of my other favourites.

The first one is the Sinnoh League Victors theme song. At the time, I was pretty annoyed when I found out that there was yet another season for the fourth generation, because I really just wanted to move on to Unova, since I had yet to experience anything with that region yet, but I was met with this super catchy theme that I eventually started getting in my head a lot, and it kinda helped a bit. Turned out that it was a great season anyways, so that's why it remains in the top for me.

Close to that would be "I wanna be a hero" and "Unbeatable", since both of are honestly really good song, and those were 2 of the seasons that I actually watched through. I heard the first one for the first time when it aired here in Denmark, although, it was in Danish after all. I wouldn't really say the quality was reduced though, and I fell in love with it. The first time I heard "Unbeatable" though, was when I watched the Lucario movie. They were far behind here in Denmark, and when I discovered that I could watch the episodes online, it wasn't long before I was right on track, and I started it all off with the Lucario movie. I loved the song, and loved the season it was the theme song for, so not much else to say really.

Mizakii
April 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM
The original is my favorite and always will be. It was really an anthem for a generation. Great song, and really captured what the series was about back then. Whenever it plays, I can't help singing along.

Hiroki Okazaki
April 17th, 2013, 4:16 PM
I love the Johto theme song! I wanna make it into my ringtone :D

demonta4
May 14th, 2013, 7:04 PM
Unbeatable I always liked 4kids dub theme and this one was epic.Too bad i cant watch the old one i heard they were good(if you want to know im 13).

Ebonysprite
May 15th, 2013, 2:02 AM
Although I haven't heard all of them, I do remember liking Born to be a winner when I first heard it.

Azu
May 15th, 2013, 3:25 AM
What kind of pokémon are you? How do you do the things you do~? Don't you bug me with a caterpie for flying types the wind's easy, good luck with muk and it's poison gas make one wrong move and I'll kick your grass! XD

I like how they added the pokémon in it .w. .

gavynray123
May 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Does Mezase Pokemon Master count? it's the Japanese theme for indigo.

XeroNos
May 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Even if Unova is way behind than other Sagas I really like it's theme song. Both in Audio and with the Opening Video of the anime i-e Season 16's

rageahollic33
May 17th, 2013, 2:32 AM
I'm a huge fan of david rolfe's work in the anime and I think he should have been the permanent artist for the english dubs... but that is another story.

My Favorite is Born to be a winner.

second being pokemon world

3rd being pokemon advanced theme

4th being johto

5th being unbeatable.

Bumfluff1202
May 21st, 2013, 3:05 PM
Put season 1 in and then I will vote ;)

Scotash!
June 1st, 2013, 8:10 AM
Pokemon johto! (Season 3), is my favourite out of the ones I've heard. I do like master quest though.

Draco Razr
June 24th, 2013, 3:23 AM
Oh so hard to pick. I love most of them. But I can pick the ones that can't match the epicness of the other theme songs. I didn't like Season 9: Battle Frontier, Season 10: Diamond and Pearl and Season 14: Black and White.

CloysterOyster
June 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Johto. It only seems like yesterday that I was in my room watching the Johto series. Was the last Pokémon series I watched for a long time until I re-discovered Pokémon in the Unova series.

Squirrel
June 29th, 2013, 7:09 PM
My favourites are "I Wanna be A Hero" and "Black and White". The former is just a great song which brings bucket loads of nostalgia upon listening every time, plus it's very fitting to the Pokémon shows, and the latter is just an exceptional theme song! Black and White was a theme song that always struck me as being great for the Pokémon series since it has the huge "we're all friends and that's awesome" feel to it that Pokémon always brings, alongside a general upbeat and happy tone. I don't normally like theme songs that include the name of the series, but on this occasion I think it was pulled off well!

man of steel
June 29th, 2013, 11:27 PM
I only heard the first one unfortunately, the one where he says I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was ............ :D

Bobith
June 30th, 2013, 2:20 PM
Besides the obvious original, I like season 3. It's still genuinely nostalgic, but much catchier then season 2's.

solaris knight
July 1st, 2013, 3:00 AM
A tie between "Believe In Me" and "Unbeatable". Both very upbeat and energy filled without overdoing it like some of the more recent themes.

shaswatdgr8pokefan
July 4th, 2013, 3:22 AM
I pick "We will be heroes". But i think most of them are just as good and awesome!!!

Banz
July 4th, 2013, 8:08 PM
I used to watch the show in Hindi and the first theme (Sabse behtar banunga me = I wanna be the very best) is my favourite.
Other than that I like Born to be a winner.

Shrew
July 18th, 2013, 12:28 AM
The Original isn't in the poll? Haha, I guess that would probably be too skewed. It's actually among my least favorite themes, because I feel like it's overhyped from nostalgia.

1st. Pokemon Johto is the funnest to sing-along to
2nd. Battle Frontier is very catchy.
3rd. Black and White's song was meh, but the footage was very unique. Rather than just mashing together scenes from the series like they always do, they had this 3D showcase of Pikachu and the new pokemon running around in a black-white environment. Props for best footage!

IcyIce
July 18th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Born To Be A Winner, this was just one of my favorite songs period. but I liked all the theme songs up until DP. Only theme I like past the Hoenn themes is the Sinnoh League Victors one which I think is We Will Carry On.

Snowdrop
July 18th, 2013, 7:32 AM
You know that one that plays in the 3rd movie? "It's a whole new world we live in (doo doo doot doo doo doo)!" Yeah, I like that one the best. That's my jam.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
July 18th, 2013, 3:55 PM
Pokémon Johto, TV and movie version. I listen to it on my MP3 player sometimes, I like it a lot. The music itself is well played, the lyrics a just "meh" IMO.

Dark Sonic
July 18th, 2013, 4:06 PM
that's hard but i say unbeatable and pokemon johto

Reinforce
July 18th, 2013, 5:06 PM
I have all of the theme songs on mu phone but my favorite is Season 6 : I wanna be a hero..
Yeah I really really really want to be a hero xD

Tsurera
July 19th, 2013, 8:59 PM
The First one! "Pokemon! Gotta catch 'em all!"

Joobell
July 21st, 2013, 1:53 PM
I really love the Johto Pokemon Theme song

vexer6
July 25th, 2013, 6:11 PM
Definitely the Master Quest one, though the first one is still great, also love Advanced Battle.

Infinite Latios
July 25th, 2013, 6:14 PM
The Battle Frontier one is the best to me.

NyxShooter
August 5th, 2013, 5:21 AM
My favourite one was the one where they counted all 151 pokemon.

Darkrai666
August 5th, 2013, 5:45 AM
Season 2 Definatley season 2..It was the best

Andrew
August 5th, 2013, 6:26 AM
Unbeatable by far. I absolutely love that theme song :D