• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New ways of introducing the next companion(s)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
I had this idea just now: what if in the final episodes of BW or whatever Ash meets the girl/boy he'll travel in the next series? Like Ash meets him/her/them, they spend some time together and head over to the next region together. Ash would be interest in the place their heading to and they'd eventually travel together.

What do you think? And what other ways should the next companions be introduced in your opinions?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
That would be cool but it won't happen. He always meets his new travel companion in the next saga. But it is possible that we'll see a preview of his next travel companion, right? That's possible. I'm pretty sure his two travel companions will be the Generation Six heroes but I still think they'll be introduced the same way May and Dawn were introduced: the bike trigger.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Or they can be even triggered by Pokédex event as Iris was. In Gen 5 Biance was shown in the game and Iris as Gym leader so we can't say who could be the companion in the upcoming Gen by seeing the game.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
Yes it would be interesting to see what way they do this, I guess the 'bike trigger' may come back again lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
I meant to ask what would be your ideas for a new way of introducing the next companion. It might not happen but it's fun to toss ideas around.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I can see them pulling out the old bike maneuver again.

If I had any ideas on how they could do it differently, however, then I wouldn't mind Ash meeting his new companion before arriving to the new region. For example, his new companion would be heading back to his/her homeland to receive their starter and begin their journey after a recent vacation with his or her family in Kanto. Before the trip back home, an event takes place that allows Ash and this new companion to meet. They don't however talk about where the new kid is from.

Later, on the boat or plane to the new region, Ash spots his soon-to-become traveling companion once again. From here, Ash learns that he or she is about to start off on their own journey while Ash explains he's about to begin a new one soon.

From there, you see the two of them looking toward a nearby region of land. Cue "Next Time... A New Beginning!" at the bottom of the screen. Roll ending credits!

Back