• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easter!!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I do celebrate Easter since I'm Catholic and so it's a part of my faith and belief. Every Lent I make a promise to not do something for those 40 days before Easter or to do something more spiritual like to pray more. This year it was to use the computer less, but I really haven't been doing a good job at that. Considering I've been on since 12:30 am and it's now 7. ;~; Usually during Holy Week, I attend either Holy Thursday service or Good Friday service, but only if I have time to go that day. When I was younger, my family would go to the Easter Vigil mass on Holy Saturday night, but we haven't done that in a while. Now we usually attend Easter mass on Sunday morning. When we were younger, me and my brothers would dye eggs and my dad would hide them on Easter day. For Easter dinner, we usually have ham sandwiches with some type of vegetables and mashed potatoes as sides. We don't have anything in particular for dessert , but usually a cake or pie.

As for this Easter Weekend,which I consider to be Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday my family hasn't had done an awful lot so far. Thursday my dad was at work all day and I completely forgot about the Holy Thursday service. Friday my little brother worked from 12- 3 and everyone else was too busy to go to the church services. Today, Holy Saturday so far nothing's happening yet. We're having donuts from a bakery for breakfast, but mainly cause my brother has to work early and so does my dad. Like I said we would got to the Easter Vigil mass when I was younger, but we don't do that anymore mainly cause of time and cause we can't find a church that has it. Also cause it's easier for us to get to the Easter morning service. Tomorrow I plan to wake up with my dad and the rest of the family and go to the morning service.My dad's apparently making sausages and biscuits for breakfast. Then nothing really after that until dinner. For dinner, we're having the ham sandwiches we normally have with vegetables on the side and an apple pie for dessert.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I buy cheap chocolate the day after easter, it's great.

But really I'm never one for big celebrations such as Christmas, so I guess I'm just boring.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
This year all we are doing is eating Dairy free/soya free easter eggs as my boyfriend is Latouse intoldarnce and can have Soya either. the reason we are not doing more is my Dad is too busy this weekend.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I celebrate Easter, although not so much Lent despite going to Catholic school. That was never really... stressed. If anything, they actually said rather than give something up that you do something instead - which in elementary school consisted of additional chores.

However, for Lent this year I did download a couple of daily Lenten Bible readings to my phone and read through those.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
No I don't. I don't even know what day is it. I just enjoy the public holiday on that Good Friday.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
No, my family has never really celebrated it, so I haven't, either. From what I know, my sister and her fiance are just going to eat dinner with us, which usually only happens for holidays and the like.

I don't go to church in the first place. So no church for Easter.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I grew up in a Catholic household so I've celebrated Easter my whole life, although I don't really feel like going to church this year. There's only one Catholic church near me and whenever I go to it I feel like I'm trespassing like going to Costco without a membership card.

Years
I haven't celebrated it religiously since high school. Actually, I don't think I've done anything big for Easter at all since high school. Maybe a nice dinner, but that's it. o___O Back when I was in elementary school, my parents would do egg hunts around the house and get us baskets sometimes.

Easter is one of the 3 days our store is closed, so that's nice. I'll just stay home and chill tomorrow. Maybe call my parents.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I grew up in a Catholic household so I've celebrated Easter my whole life, although I don't really feel like going to church this year. There's only one Catholic church near me and whenever I go to it I feel like I'm trespassing like going to Costco without a membership card.
lol I like that analogy XD

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Not anymore. When I was younger I would just get a basket of candy and maybe a gift of some kind and that was my Easter. Now my mom just gives me a random thing of candy and there we have it. My family generally doesn't care about religion much, so we never really went further than what I described.

This year though, I have to work 9:30-6 at my job. Woo~

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I do and don't celebrate it. I get time off of school/whatever so I have a long weekend, so I'll come home and visit family. We'll eat nice meals for Good Friday and Easter Sunday but there's no religious importance attached to it for us anymore, so I don't know if I can really say it's a celebration or anything. (I was raised Catholic but my parents don't really care about religion and we haven't bothered with church in many, many years.)

Used to do the whole chocolate egg trail and all, with little presents here and there, but I think I'm a bit old for that now. :P

Years
I never really celebrated Easter in the religious sense in the past, but for as long as I can remember, we always had a big family gathering at past Easters, where we would get chocolate/candies and have a big dinner.

This is the first year though that I can say I'm not doing anything special. I have to work and the rest of my family are doing their own seperate things, so it's nothing more than a normal Sunday for me.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
There is no chocolate egg tradition in Spain :( I would have liked, though. I remember watching films where they hid the eggs and kids had to find them and I was like "I want to do this". That never happened.

Aside from that, we have the famous Holy Week, I used to go out on Holy Thursday as a "nazareno" (for those who don't know what it is and want to know, here you are, the second paragraph) but I'm not doing it anymore so... basically, I'm not doing anything special this Easter.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I don't celebrate it the way it's meant to be celebrated. My family always did that Easter morning Easter bunny was here and all that, and my dad still does that now with my sister since she's still pretty young, but I don't consider that celebrating. We don't go to church, we don't celebrate the meaning behind Easter (I'm not even sure if I know what that is).

When I have my own family -- if I have my own family -- I have a picturesque "full" life, and religion is part of that, and I would probably celebrate it by what it is meant to be. I've been considering practicing religion for a while now, after all.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
We usually get my mom's side of the family together to catch up and have a lot of food. I used to hate going but now that my little cousins are older, I can chase them around outside which is always so much fun THEY'RE SO CUTE.

However, this year since my mom had surgery on her foot and can't move around they stayed home and I'm still at my dorm at school in the city. I just relaxed and watched TV and read since tomorrow classes start up again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Easter is considered as one of the most important holidays since I'm catholic, so I'm on the same page as AWsquared...except the fact that It's been three years since I've gone to church. Instead my family and I pack our picnic gear and head over to my uncle's ranch and just...hang out.

It's also the day I break through lent and ohh my goodness it's a great day. xD

Years
Spend it with family, either at my parents house or my Aunts and Uncles place. We go mass on the Saturday and then relax on the Sunday with much chocolate and good food!​

Back