• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Wild Krieg_ has appeared!

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Hey guys it's Krieg_ here! I am new to the forums, but not at all new to Pokemon. I started off with Red and Blue when I was just a young one. I even credit the games with teaching me how to read! I don't think I am tactical enough to battle competitively, but I love to watch YouTubers like Pikawu and NuggetBridge in my free time and dream of such skill. Pokemon has kind of taken a backseat to High School, Golf, and the Xbox, but I have a hankerin' to get back into it.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey there Krieg and welcome to PC!!
Most of us here are veteran players and had our adventure start with RBY as you did (:
I remember pokemon being a good practice for reading myself, so after all it can be a pretty educational game too :D Don't worry about not being competitive, i'm not really competitive myself, the most important thing is that you have fun and enjoy the games your own way!
It's nice to see people get back to playing the games, i hope you enjoy your time here
Looking forward to seeing you around ^^

Years
Heya Krieg! :D It's great to meet you, welcome to PC!

Waaaah Red and Blue were amazing. Those were my first Pokemon games too and I remember all the fun and sadness I went through playing them haha. But totally agreed, Pokemon taught me to read too! In fact I couldn't really speak English well at the time since I had just moved to the US and... well, look at me now. Pokemon is fun and educational, right?! <3; Since you're getting back into the fandom (from what I can tell after reading your post) are you planning on getting up to date with the games you've missed?

Naww, it's fine if you can't battle competitively; takes a lot of time and practice. Websites like Smogon are really helpful for information though so I'd definitely recommend that if you're planning on building a team. Good competitive battlers can usually predict your movesets/natures/abilities/items though, so it takes more than just a good set to beat these awesome people. Watching competitive videos is a great way to learn too, and I used to be subscribed to a guy who made them a while ago. You can also take a look at our Battle Center board if you like as there are nice guides and helpful members all around the section? If you're interested in the suggestion, you should check out the Battle Center Pokemon Showdown server too; it's a pretty active place with some of the best forum members you'll find. Great way to make friends. :)

Anyway, enjoy your stay and great meeting you okaaay!

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hey there! Your name caught my eye, I wonder why? :D Anyhow...welcome to PC! Like most old timers here you also started with red and blue so im sure youll fit here well. :D I kinda miss red and blue...
Anyway...have a blast here! See ya around! :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I kind of thought your were someone else first too myself. lol

But anyway, welcome to PC! I started off with Red and Blue as well! Specifically I pick Red and it was my first Pokemon game, but both of them is really what's responsible for getting me into the series. I guess the games help improved my reading skills as well. And besides that I learned word I never knew before. Such as I didn't know what instinct was until I watched an episode of Pokemon. Another example is that I didn't know what "endeavor" meant until playing Pokemon Emerald. So I Pokemon really can teach you things. :0

I'm tired so that's all I'll say for now, but feel free to talk to me more by sending me a Visitor's Message. I hope your time here is amazing and I hope it's an enjoyable one! Catch you later!

Years
Oh hello Krieg, and welcome to PC!

Ah yes, Red and Blue. I never got to play those games myself but they're always great games to start with. I have been a fan of Pokemon since it first came to Australia, and playing the Pokemon games helped me learn so much since I have problems with social life. Since you're returning to Pokemon, are there any games you missed you want to catch up on? Are you also looking forward to X & Y?

And don't worry if you suck at competitive play, I'm only new to the metagame myself but I do like consulting to Smogon for some tips and hopefully become an ace battler. Cirno has probably shown you the Battle Center section where you can take part in competitive-related discussion, or even show off your team so people can give critique on it. And also come check out our Pokemon Showdown server anytime!

Have fun, and I'll be seeing you around the forums!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Back