• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
I'm new on here and I love pokemon. I would love it if I was able to play pokemon hacks. How do you play pokemon hacks? How do you save on them and get them? I know nothing about them and really want to play them, can you please help me? I will be so happy if you do! :)

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Welcome!

Playing hacks is really simple :)
You just have to download Visual boy Advance (google it ;))
Then when you have that you should visit the Emulation & Rom Hacking section, located here.
There, you have the Hacks Showcase which is full of hacks :)
Download one you like, save the .gba file on you computer and open visual boy advance and open the rom with it. VOILA! You are now playing a hack :)!
And you can save just like the normal games ;) it will automatically save it and create a .sav file in the same folder as the .gba file

Hope this helped. If not, send me a message and I will explain it more detailed

Years
Hiya Mewpika, welcome to the forum!

I recommend the Emulation board for hacking-related issues as well, especially places like the hacking simple questions thread to ask questions. There've been many people asking how to play a hack though so be sure to search through it as you'll find plenty of answers. :) There's a search bar you can use to look for specific things so check it out sometime! You can also look at the patching guide. Good luck!

Hope you enjoy your adventures here and see you around, yes? If you love Pokemon you're definitely going to love PC so be sure to stick around. We'd love to have you. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Cirny showed you a great tutorial where you can patch hacks. Patching a hack is one way to access on a hack, so whether you want to play a good hack like Liquid Crystal, Shiny Gold, Snakewood, and many many more, you are free to download them, and patch them! It's really easy. I've done some patching in the past, so don't hesitate to ask me if you are struggling, ok. :3

Welcome aboard, young one! Have fun with your hacks, and stick around the forums alright! See ya :D

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
welcome Mewpika :)

i love playing pokemon hacks too, its bringing fresh ideas to pokemon games. Hope you will enjoy your stay here :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.

Back