• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IDon'tEvenLikeGrassTypes Deck

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I threw this deck together in about 15 minutes after a couple of people were talking about a Genesect/Virizion deck. One guy at my league said that he just couldn't get the deck to run the way he wanted it to. He had 4 Genesect and 4 Virizion, though. It kinda seemed like overkill. Plus, I only had 3 Genesect and 2 Virizion. I think this deck runs pretty well. I went 6-1 that night. Thoughts?

Pokemon;
2x Virizion EX
3x Genesect EX
2x Genesect (PB 10)
2x Eevee (PF 90)
2x Leafeon (PF 11)
2x Kangaskhan (PB 71)

Trainers;
4x Skyla
4x Pokemon Catcher
1x G Scope
4x Colress Machine
2x Switch
3x Caitlin
1x N
2x Professor Juniper
4x Shadow Triad
3x Silver Mirror
2x Hypnotoxic Laser
2x Team Plasma Ball
1x Ultra Ball

Energy;
4x Plasma Energy
10x Grass Energy

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Drop eevee, leafeon, genesect reg, and khangaskhan. Leafeon is redundant in this deck, you dont have to worry too much about keldeo/blastoise. Genesect reg is pretty bad. It cost the same energy to attack and its just not good. If anything use the red genesect. Khangaskhan isnt needed. Call for family is meh for a big basic deck, just have some good draw support and you will get pokemon.

Pokemon to replace them. First thing Tropius, its really good for setup, and to help draw mid to late game if you run low on support and helps against late game N. It is also not weak to fire. Depending on metagame of your area you may want to try the Balloons. If not you could also try long distance hypnosis Munna and Forewarn Musharna. Munna helps you stall with coin flip and since you cant be put to sleep no harm done to you. Musharna helps your draw, letting you pull what you need from the top 2 cards of your deck. Though you may also want a pokemon to take out the safeguard/mirrored pokemon. Sigilyph takes 3 energy to work and will do 70 damage to tropius, while tropius does 60 damage to it. both pokemon 2HKO each other so not too bad. Suicune is less of an issue since its weak to grass and easily goes down to tropius. Course all of this could be solved with G booster instead of G scope.

As for trainer cards. Shadow triad should be at most 2. If they do tool scrapper G booster away, i dont think you will want to waste 4 turns getting it back to use it again. Other than that, shadow triad is bad for this deck.

4 Juniper and 4 N is standard for good reason. Probably go with that.

Take out the mirrors, they are kind of dumb. Also take out Caitlin, she is a terrible early game draw and can basically be a dead card in your hand if drawn by herself. Drop the switches and add in skyarrow bridge instead. its just better overall since all your pokemon are probably basics, maybe keep 1 switch just to skyla in case.

Take out the lasers unless you are going to use virbank and 4 in total. just 2 is kind of dumb, and Munna puts things to sleep anyway.

Consider taking out the catchers in anticipation of the format change coming in a week or something.

Need tool scrappers for garbotoxin and silver mirrors.

Maybe more stuff later

Years
Seconding most of what profen said, other than the bit about Catcher. Maybe drop it to 2 or 3, but don't drop it completely. It may be coin-flip based now, but it can still certainly decide games for you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Most of my deck already has it at 3. Catchers are nice but i rather have consistency since catchers will now be the opposite of that.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
So I tweaked my deck a bit. I like how fast it runs now. after stomping my friend's Mewtwo/Virizion deck with these new changes, I think I may keep it like this for a while.

Pokemon;
3x Virizion EX
3x Genesect EX
3x Kangaskhan
2x Tropius (PB 5)
2x Munna (BC 68)
3x Eevee (PF 90)
2x Leafeon (PF 11)

Trainers;
1x G Scope
2x Switch
2x Shadow Triad
2x Colress Machine
2x Silver Mirror
2x Hypnotoxic
4x Skyla
2x Catcher
1x Tool Scrapper
2x N
3x Juniper
2x Ultra Ball
2x Plasma Ball

Energy;
9X Grass
2x Blend GFPD
4x Plasma

Sadly, I don't have all of my cards with me at college. I have more trainers at home. I might add another scrapper and maybe another N. But, besides that, I like the way it's going.

Profen, I understand with the Eevees, but some people at my league are working on Virizion/Mewtwo decks and I think that the Leafeon/Mirror combo runs pretty well against it.

Comparing this deck to the last one, what do you guys think?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
With my experience with tropius, you dont need call for family with it. If you start with it you can easily get everything you need in a few turns. not just the pokemon. also 18 pokemon is alot. for what they do in this deck.

Back