• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wher do pokemon trainers go to school?

Years
LOL, you need to make sure your post is correct the first time, trainermat10. If you really need to add a comment, you could always make a second post.

Heh, I always pondered as to where trainers go to school. Considering that trainers would start out in either Pallet Town, New Bark Town, or Littleroot Town, I'd think there'd be at least a school there to teach the kids all about Pok?mon. Also taking into consideration that not all trainers could travel to those towns, there's probably some in the bigger cities. Of course, it looks like Ash was never introduced to any sort of school since he didn't have any clue about Pok?mon, except for a few names of some common Pok?mon. Luckly, Misty was willing to accompany him so he wouldn't get into too much trouble.

Sean Fury

It's tricky
Years
If I was a trainer, and there were no Pokemon Schools around, I would merely go to the nearest Gym and ask to train there. I believe quite a few trainers Ash ran into on the show had done this.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Well, there'll probably some hidden region full of trainers or something. I'm sure there's another school apart from Rustboro, but I just can't remember :P

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
VERIDIAN CITY!! o_o;;
It has a School, If Im not mistaken~ xD

Might in Diamond/Pearl ya start with a nonsense Pok?mon Trainer, that first needs to frquent school and than become a Trainer? o.O

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Years
They go to the School of Hard Knocks. Pfft. Don't you people pay attention to the show? JK. :P

They probably have some little places around cities that welcome in new trainers, and show them the ropes to battling. Most likely Pallet, New Bark, and Littleroot are the main spots for the "schools" where trainers learn to become trainers.

Years
Yes, the ten year old age limit is ridiculous.

But in real life, the world wouldn't revolve around Pok?mon if they were real. In my opinion, kids would go to school, and if they wanted to, could take Pok?mon classes as electives to qualify for a license. Honestly, society just wouldn't work if all kids learned about what Pok?mon, I think it's retarded the way the show portrays that there's nothing else to life there.

~Chibi~

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2005
Hmmmmmmmm...I've always wondered this myself. I mean, a kid can become a trainer at age 10, so that means they could only get through fourth grade or so. <.<;;

I think maybe they have private lessons on a certain day a week. I fuess they just don't show it in the anime. As for the games, maybe they were homeschooled. o.O

I have a friend who travels around the world with her parents, and her schoolwork is sent to her by mail, and so she learns that way. ^o^

~Kelsey

Kecleon_

Spriter
Years
I've thought about this before, and I think they might just go to normal school until they're ten. Then they can either leave school for a Pokemon quest or continue their studies to become something useful to the world (such as a doctor, scientist, or a grocery store clerk.)

Small-town kids would learn Pokemon things from the convienient Pokemon Professor down the street. XD

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2005
That reminds me; I remember that in the anime there were some kids who would have rather been a doctor or a fire fighter than a Pokemon trainer. So I guess it could be that the kids who want to become a Pokemon trainer get all the necessary schooling to be able to function in life until they're at least ten years old. ^o^

~Kelsey

Back