• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lava Autotiles and Tileset

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Since it became increasingly obvious that a Lava Autotile did not exist, within the collective of Gen 3 tiles, I took it upon myself to work on one myself. The finished product is a very quick and dirty recolor of the Water Autotile, with the RSE Cave Liquid border applied to it. Does it look good? Probably not, but it works for the job I need it to - which is a lava autotile. If you want to use it, you are more than welcome to, I shouldn't really take credit for such a cut and paste with recoloring job.
Note: there is a small tile missing from one of the autotile frames, I'm not sure how to fix it since I don't understand the autotile mechanics.
Ingame Preview:
8dd0a991d6.png

Download link: Lava Autotile v2

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Like I said, it was a quick and dirty recolor, I was more focused with the functionality than the overall appearance. I'll probably work on lowering the brightness of it next, but not right now.
As for the bubbles, the reason I didn't use RSE's lava and convert it into an autotile is because I didn't understand autotile mechanics. If I could figure that out, I can just make an autotile of RSE's lava.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
So, about a year later, I've finally fixed the Lava tiles I made. I properly ripped and converted the RSE lava tiles to work with Essentials, and I also made two proper autotiles (Because there's two different types of lava animations)
npH06d9.gif

Here is a collection of the Lava tiles. Inside the file are the lava tiles (ready to be added to any tileset of your choice), as well as two Lava autotiles. http://www.mediafire.com/download/1wekof2opsdswfe/Lava.7z

I really don't need credit for this, since the tiles are Game Freak's. All I did was port them and make them usable.

Back