• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey :)

Years
Hello everybody :)

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself before I start exploring this site more :D

What can I say about myself?
I'm a 24 year old girl from Germany. I study math at university and in my free time I like playing games, reading books and learning Japanese though I'm not as good as I wanted to be right now.

I've been a Pokémon fan since the very first game. I got Pokémon red and my sister got blue.
I remember playing and trading with all those kids in my neighbourhood. It was great :D
Of course I continued playing all the other generations and I still love Pokémon so much.
Even though I didn't like the 3rd generation as much as most people seem to do, I'm pretty excited about the new ORAS games :D

Right now I just want to make new friends for the safari, to trade with or to just talk about Pokémon :)

Well...don't know what to add...^^
If you have questions...ask :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Hi and welcome to the Pokecommunity! :D

Your one year older than me XD
What kind of math are you studying? Engineering?
Japanese can be hard depending on which kind/dialect your learning. It's much easier than learning English though ^_^
My first Pokemon was Red too! Im also excited for ORAS.
You can go to the Trading Corner for all sorts of trading.
There are plenty of people and places to go to Discuss Pokemon! I recommend going to Pokemon Discussions.

Well, welcome to the Pokecommunity! I hope you enjoy the Forums!

Years
Thanks for welcoming me :)

I just study mathematics. Just plain math :D No engineering involved :D
Just a bit of physics but not that much.

I started learning Japanese at a course at my university but after finishing those I continued with the same teacher at an adult education center.
After the university courses I was able to do the Japanese Language Proficency test at level N5 and I passed it :D
Now I should be somewhere near N4.

I personally think that english is much easier to learn.
English is much easier for me to understand and I can express myself way better in english. At least I hope people understand me xD

In Japanese I have much more problems to form sentences. Listening or Reading is okay speaking is much harder for me. Not the pronounciation but, like I said, forming sentences.
And for the dialect...my teacher said that we just learned "plain Tokyo Japanese" :D

I really enjoy learning Japanese but it's kinda though.

And I already discovered the Pokemon discussions and the trading corner but it's so much information right now. ^^
I will definitely go to Pokemon Discussions next :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
Welcome, Madorin!

All that stuff is so cool! I studied some mathematics in college. (I'm 27, by the way, about to be 28 in December.) I love algebra, trig, and elementary calculus. But once we got to multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and abstract algebra, I said, "That's enough for me!" Although I like math because it is like a puzzle, it doesn't always come so naturally to me, especially understanding the theorems and proofs. I admit I'm more of a humanities person. I love language, especially understanding the English language in terms of its history and grammar. I love French, although I have lost most of my knowledge of it and ability to hear it and speak it.

As for Pokemon, I love it! I love it because it's cool, because it's fun, and because it brings people together. I made a best friend just a couple years ago at my former place of employment because of Pokemon! That's the cool thing about it: it binds people together who may not have otherwise had a common bond. My favorite generation was Black & White, and I think Gold & Silver were the most innovative. Actually, I stopped playing after Crystal but started playing again about 2 years ago or so by ordering a copy of Leaf Green, then Black & White, and then exploring the other games of the past. Like you, Hoenn was probably my least favorite adventure; but also like you, I am looking forward to the release of ORAS and hopefully through this new adventure falling in love with Hoenn!

If you want to add me for your friend safari, feel free to use the friend code in my signature. Just let me know so I can add you! Also, I love trading (I'm SLOWLY building some useful things to trade), and when my competitive team is ready, perhaps I could test it against you :)

Welcome, and have fun!

Years
Thanks for this pretty long answer :)
I'm always impressed how easy it is to start a conversation with people on forums. I love it :D

Of course I had all this algebra stuff too in those required courses but we also have to focus on one aspect for the courses we are allowed to choose and so I focused on Analysis, especially differential equations because I like it much better than this algebraic stuff :D

I started to study maths and physics to become a teacher but after one semester I decided that beeing a teacher wouldn't make me happy my whole life and that I like math so much that I want to focus on this.
Most of the time I receive weird looks when I say that I like math and study it. It's nice to meet people that won't run immediately when they hear about it. xD
A lot of people just don't like math ^^ It just can't be helped :D

I like languages as well but I realized that it's much harder for me to learn languages than learning about natural sciences.
I learned French, English and Spanish in school but I forgot almost everything about French and Spanish. I haven't used French for at least 7 years and I had Spanish only about 2 years so I never knew that much :D

I can still understand french but I have so much trouble trying to build a sentence. I almost mix it up with Japanese words and grammar because Japanese is so present to me at the moment.
English is the only language I regularly use when watching TV shows or surfing the internet. Except my native language of course :D

I agree with you that Black and White were the best games.
It can't compete with the nostalgic factor of Red and Blue though ^^

I really liked Unova and I loved the story so much. And N was one of the best antagonists ever because he was so different. He wasn't evil. He meant so well. It wasn't his fault that he was so narrow minded when you consider how he was raised.
This whole story got me. I think I should start playing black again :D
What do you think about Black and White 2? I think they weren't as strong as the first ones.

I also agree that Pokémon brings people together. I have met so many people who shared my love towards these games and you make quite interesting contacts. ^^
This is why I love the fact that Pokémon X and Y are so international.

I'm trading a lot at the moment to collect some legendaries that I still don't have and I want to own all Vivillon patterns. Just 4 more to go then I'll have them all :)

I'd like to fight you one day :)
But to be honest I've never paid much attention to all this DV stuff, I just played with the Pokémon I liked :D
So if you have a very good 6 DV team fighting me won't be much of a challenge :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Nice to see another long time pokemon fan welcome to the forums
I dont like math cause im not great at it
I really wanna learn Japanese.
Ive read a book every 2 days for the past month
Prob read more than anyone in my state maybe even on this entire forum
Wats ur:
Fav pokemon
Fav type
Fav book
Fav subject
Fav song
???????
Again welcome if u have a questions feel free to pm me or if u just wanna chat :)

Years
Thank you :)

I read about 3-6 books a month, depends on how much time I have to spare so I can't really compete with you :D
Though I like reading, I'm not a fast reader. :D

Fav Pokemon...well...Charizard is an all time favorite :)
I kinda fell in love with Pumpkaboo though. I'm not a big fan of gras Pokemon but I like ghost ones and this one is sooo cute ^^ I love it :D

Fav type would be fire and ghost. I love those so much.

Fav book is very hard to tell. There are so many great books out there. I'm a huge fan of Lord of the Rings and all those books belonging to this whole universe. I also like the Harry Potter books cause I grew up with them but I wouldn't consider them as my fav books.
So maybe Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami....though I have a lot of books I love :D

Fav subject? Like subject in school? Would be math then :D And arts.

Fav song...this one is as hard as the book one.
I'm a huge fan of Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory and Meteora album but I'm really excited about their "Final Masquerade" right now.
But I could list a lot of songs from several other bands here :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Ok and np i guess i should answer them as well
Ya very fast reader so 1 every 2 days is a goal im in a book club lol

Pokemon is glaceon

My ideal type is a electric and ice

Fav book is a series seven realms series

Subject hmmm english or science

Song very hard cause i sing ummm Brave, Burning Gold, and Wake me up
:)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 7, 2014
Hey I'm new here too and just saw your post. It seems we have a lot in common!

I'm a maths student as well, in the final year of my bachelors degree currently studying pde's... it's a nightmare! What are you currently studying in maths? maybe we can exchange tips :D

I also grew up with the Harry Potter books and love LOTR however my current favourite author is Brandon Sanderson (I'd really recommend him if you're a fan of fantasy). I've never heard of Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, what is it like?

One of my favourite bands ever is also linkin park, I've loved them since I was about 10-11 years old and I also think their first two albums were the best. I saw them this year at download festival and they played the entirety of hybrid theory it was a lifelong dream come true.

Years
@Dedenne1
Thanks for answering the questions as well :) I also like elektric and ice pokemon. Not as much as Fire and Ghost but also very much. And I like Glaceon very much. Besides Umbreon it is my favorite Eevee evolution :)
I'm just not a big fan of Gras or Rock type Pokémon.

So you're in a book club? I always thought that it would be fun to join one but there not that common around here.

@PokéWreX
I'm also about to finish my bachelors degree next semester.
I think PDE's are so interesting but they are pretty hard as well and can make you crazy...
I haven't decided what to do next semster since I have finished everything I need for my bachelors degree except one Oral Exam which I'm going to have on October 13th and my bachelor thesis which I will start immediately after this exam.
So I have to choose things for my masters degree.

Maybe I'll continue with some PDE stuff or something that has to do with functional analysis. I really liked this one.

I've written down some courses I'm interested in but some of them collide so I have to choose which one I like.
What I was thinking about were those courses:

Riemann Surfaces, Calculus Variations, Nonlinear PDE, Numerics of PDE and Numerical Funktional Analysis :D

But I'm not sure about the Numeric stuff. I really love PDEs and Functional Analysis because it's so interesting but I'm note quite the Numeric type...we'll see. :D
Our next semester start's at October 13th so I still have some time left to decide what I'll do :D

Oh...and I will see Linkin Park in November :) They're finally coming to Germany again. Yeah {<3}
Last time I saw them was 2008. January in 2008 was the first time I ever saw them and June 2008 the last one. :(
I've started liking them when I was about 12 or 13 and it took me 5-6 years to finally see them. And after this they didn't come to Germany that much and when they did it was for a big festival which lasted 3 days or more and was too expensive or it was just too far away.
But I was able to go to "Dead by Sunrise" later and this concert was just great :) What do you think about Dead by Sunrise? I love Chesters voice and their style was awesome.

I'm so glad that I'm going to see Linkin Park again. Can't wait. :)
I didn't like their "A thousand Suns" album, Had some great songs in it and some that were just okay but not really bad.
Nothing can compete with the first two albums though. I still love them so much. {<3}

Last edited:
Years
Hey there! Welcome to PC! The name's Rising_Dawn, a fellow long time Pokemon fan - who also had Red growing up. xD (though my first game in the series was actually Yellow).

Also, you're a math student? I myself have never really enjoyed math, but it's nice to see someone with a different viewpoint. =)

Back