• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Olympics Suggestion Box

Years
Suggestion Box

PokeCommunity's annual Get Together is right around the corner, and this year it is bringing with it the return of the renowned Roleplay Olympics. For those of you who do not know, the Roleplay Olympics - usually shortened to RPOs - is an event in which several roleplay-based competitions (similar to the RPTournament in some instances) are simultaneously held for your enjoyment with the victors of events often winning prizes.

This year we want to make the RPOs better than ever, and as the goal of the event is for all of you to have as much fun as possible, the event's committee has decided the best way to do that is ask what you'd like to see during the Olympics.

In this thread please share with us any ideas you have for events you would like to participate in during the RPO's and comment sharing support for other ideas you like so we can get a good idea of the popularity of peoples' suggestions.

If for any reason you do not feel comfortable sharing your suggestions publicly, you are also welcome to private message SV, The Last Sentinel, Retro Bug, myself or one of the moderators of the RPT and we will gladly post it anonymously for you in this thread.

The RPO Planning Committee

Previous RPO Threads

So you can get an idea of how the RPOs work, here are some useful links to previous RPO threads.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Special rpo dreamland scenario.

The battle thing looked nice. Maybe have people sign up and then break it up into even groups. Have them collaboratively brainstorm up a bbeg to fight and then reward the teams based on creativity and how interesting the battle is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Some kind of JP challenge with a romantic theme - rated K+! Meaning challengers can't rely on secksy tiems to score, they need to make us understand the feels through elegant writing <3

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
ooooh all of these ideas sound amazing, especially the character switching one

I call dibs on renegade

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Playing one another sounds like fun but I'd be worried about insults and digs being mad ;-;.

Maybe there can be a gimmefox fanfic event though. Totally backing that. :P

How about it actually being roleplay instead of obvious fanfiction writing?

Just a thought.

Idk if we're meant to be offended by this or... ;-;

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
How about it actually being roleplay instead of obvious fanfiction writing?

Just a thought.

We aren't RPing here? Is this actually the colkaberative fan-fiction section?

Anyway, I don't how accesible it would be, and there are some obvious managment problems, but I think it would be a lot of fun to re-imagine the existing RPs, and mainly the characters. I'm imagining something like an 'elseworld' story, where you adapt characters to a new setting. How would your character work if Venice was a Sci-Fi RP, what would Titans be like if the characters were in the British colonization of the US, how would your Camelot character look if it was a racecar RP?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm only speaking from the experience I had with the last one.

What makes something roleplaying related and not just fanfiction? Is there a need for character interaction and JPs? Just wondering

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
What makes something roleplaying related and not just fanfiction? Is there a need for character interaction and JPs? Just wondering
Personally I think interaction is necessary. But I know others disagree. In any case, we're making this open to others on PC too as mentioned before, so it's writey too.

Etherion

A medieval RP, where you are a king and you'll build your kingdom from the ground up!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years

I have no idea what "JPs" means.

It needs to be with others. You know, like what a roleplay actually is?

From what I saw, everything with the last one was basically fanfiction writing where you did it on your own with no participation from other members.

Years
I have no idea what "JPs" means.

It needs to be with others. You know, like what a roleplay actually is?

From what I saw, everything with the last one was basically fanfiction writing where you did it on your own with no participation from other members.

JP is the abbreviated terms for "Joint Post". Basically a single post with two or more contributors.

From what I understand the lack of interactivity was a common complaint, so we'll be doing a lot more interactive stuff. That isn't to say all events will be like this though since the RPOs are being held alongside the Get Together this year and we want them to be just as accessible.

Back