• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should they stop creating?

Stop?

• YES!! There's too many and I hardly remember half of them!

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I'm support both sides.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Leave it to destiny

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • NO!!! I want more new Pokemon!!

Votes: 36 51.4%

• Total voters

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Do you thinnk there are too many Pokemon?

Do you think the creators should stop creating Pokemon after 4th generation?

Discuss. (and vote as well :D)

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
Years
Look at how many species of animals there are in our world-Pokemon doesn't even have a fraction of that. They should keep going.

IDIC (anyone know what that means?)

MistyManiac

I need to post more often
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 18, 2018
I also say leave it to destiny, but I would like to see them keep going. With the more pokemon that are released the more believable pokemon as a whole becomes.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
Years
It depends if they have any newer and better ideas. The recent ones they made,well,some of them are just plain crappy >< but I guess they may have better ones,so I support both sides.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
Years
There will always be a generation of kids ready to enjoy the world Pokemon, but I say leave to destiny, and see what the future holds

Alpha_Charizard

T3H Or1g1naL
Years
They should keep on going, but I've seen that nintendo has lost their originality in making new pokemon. Now they all seem to be plant or animal based, but back in the days of the original 151 pokemon, there was some originality. It's not everyday you just come up with pok?mon like likitung or tangela, not animal or bug, just original ideas. They should keep going though, to suit the needs of the new generation, but I just hope they will be more original. If this doesn't make since that's probably because i'm really tired. :tired:

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
I have to admit, sometimes when introduced to new pokemon, it may be radically different from the pokemon your used to (Ruby and Saphhire).

But right now, more should be created but with more orginal names, and originalty like the first 151, or even 251.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Pokemon can actually live on *without* new ones? ;p

They can start by making the new Pokemon generation games a good balance to puff the poor grass types and give grass some small speck of decency. Right now absolutely all grass types but the SP/SD/SB Venusaur are doomed by one single Pokemon who shall be turned to fried eggs before it can continue its rule of supremacy in the Pokemon metagame (its name is too evil to be mentioned by grass types...)

Make the obsolete Pokemon at least semi-useful, and just not make a Pokemon the complete overshadow of another (best example: Beautifly and Butterfree... as long as Butterfree exist, no one will ever even take a look at Beautifly... and as long as Breloom exist, no one will use Butterfree either. Sad part is that not like either of these 3 are really good either. Breloom is just decent...)

Vchat20

[PAM] Founder/Coder
Years
  • Age 36
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
id say dont stop it completely, just slow down a bit. a few hundred new pokemon every game is a bit much. maybe add 10 or 20 every game.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
Iveechan said:
They should stop creating Pokemon. Infact, they should subtract Pokemon so we only have 50. Because 50 is easy to remember.
50 is little bit little, no offense.

I don't think we should dump any already-exist Pokemon.

Oh....BUT STOP IT NOW! MY BRAIN'S FULL =o=||||

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I wouldn't mind a few more. Just as long as they're all original and stuff... more 1st gen-esque Pokemon, and less 3rd-gen-esqye Pokemon if you please. XD

Erik

Mr. Self Destruct
Years
The first pokemon created were well developed.. great work on artist creativity. Now.. it seems they are getting sloppy.. just putting something together to create more. There are awesome ones out there as well as really lame ones..

I'd have to say both sides. The more the pokemon there is the more you play to catch ALL of them. Its more challenging on the plus side.. but it does get you wondering if you caught it or not and stuff. Both sides I suppose for me.

Back