• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music what albums are you anticipating in 2016?

Years
First, I'll start off with albums that I definitely know are coming - Moth by Chairlift and III by Miike Snow. The former is actually dropping in a couple of weeks (on the 22nd I believe) while the latter will be in March. It had been four years since both acts last released albums so here's hoping they aren't letdowns, and I feel like they've both taken fresh new directions so it's gonna be interesting.

Flume also just announced his long-awaited second album Skin, and although I am aware of the "sophomore slump" I do hope it lives up to the hype, given his 2012 self-titled debut was a very successful album.

In terms of what I want to see released this year, new albums for Gorillaz and Radiohead, which I know are currently in production. I also hope for a new Foster The People album this year, especially after I have heard they have been working on new stuff lately.

2015 was a big year for music, so we know how much hype the forthcoming album releases this year will have to live up to.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Things I Know Are Coming That I'm Very Excited For:

david bowie - blackstar (it leaked but apparently the sound quality is shite)
jesu / sun kil moon - s/t (for comedic value more than anything)
animal collective - painting with
the body - no one deserves happiness (less so but I hear this band rips so I'll check it out probably)

that's it.

Things That Are TBA:

chromatics - dear tommy
death grips - bottomless pit (kind of. **** this band but I'll listen to it probably)
drake - views from the 6
frank ocean - boys don't cry
glassjaw
james blake - radio silence (kind of. not sure I care much but I'll probably check it out)
kanye west - swish
m83
tim hecker

yea.

Years
Oh wow I forgot Radio Silence by James Blake. I remember hearing it was due for a 2015 release but it never surfaced. Hopefully the promise is not failed this time. I also hope for a new Two Door Cinema Club album this year as well, it has been way too long since Beacon was released, being around four years ago now.

Sir Codin

Prong - X (No Absolutes)
Rhapsody of Fire - Into the Legend
Megadeth - Dystopia
Vektor - Terminal Redux
Rotting Christ - Rituals

Back