• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are spinoff games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Doubtful. Sure spinoffs have been released into multiple games (like the original MD games), but for them to have a singular title to them, alongside a unique design to their logos, I'm bound to disagree.

Sirfetch’d

They are not spinoff games. They are titled Pocket Monsters. I don't know why you think they are? Care to explain?

pkmin3033

Doubtful. Announcing them in the Direct as the next in the mothership games makes it ridiculously unlikely they'll be spinoffs.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I wouldn't mind them implementing features from Pokemon Ranger ;) , but I'm here for a new main game. I feel like there have been far too many spin-offs in the past few years

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Nah, the titles don't sound like spin-offs, otherwise they would've named them "Pokémon <spin-off series>: Sun/Moon version" for sure.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
All the evidence is leading to them being not spin offs...but if the speculation-train from yesterday is any indication I think it may tie in with Kalos more than we thought.

On a side note the Japanese logos look swag as hell.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
If they were spin-offs, this would be the first time we've ever had spin-off games titled ポケットモンスター in Japanese. I mean, I guess anything is possible, but it'd be weird if such a long-standing precedent were suddenly just...broken like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back