• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Does it ever cross your mind to learn a piano? Do share your opinions!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 5, 2016
Has anyone thought about that especially adults? Which obstacles in learning piano stop you from doing so? It will be interesting to share why do you want to learn piano too :)

Thanks for sharing!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I would love to learn piano one day just to play the Charlie Brown theme.

And this...

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I would love to learn how to play the piano (or ANY musical instrument for that matter, especially the banjo or fiddle).

However, I am the most musically illiterate person I know. I can't keep a beat, can't even begin to pick out instruments in songs, etc. Just isn't in the cards for me! ;)

Years
I did start learning at one point, but for some reason I have no ability to understand musical theory. I'm planning on taking it up again though because in theory if I just learn the keys well enough I'll be able to learn to play songs I have heard with a minimal grasp of the theory.

It won't be easy, but it's something I want to do. Mostly because I love the piano in Open Arms haha

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I learned piano when I was super young so my recollections of how I went about learning the theory that went along with it and everything is very hazy. but it's incredibly satisfying when you get really good at it. the theory is probably the hardest part; once you've got that down it gets easier and more fun.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I played piano when I was younger and I suppose that opened me up for musical appreciation. I quit piano and picked up guitar. I don't have much of a drive to pick it back up, but, maybe one day.

Years
I tried to learn piano when I was younger, but I'm tone deaf and generally terrible when it comes to understanding music so that didn't last long. It's kinda sad because little me really wanted to play music and make people happy. Didn't help that there were several musically-inclined people around me. :(

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I tried to learn the piano when I was younger, but I didn't fully grasp how to read music.

The thing that's stopping me now from learning the piano is the fact that I have two dead keyboards that need to be traded in for a new one. Also, I don't want to learn the piano. I'd much rather learn to play the drums, since I can keep a beat, and percussion instruments are my favorite.

@EvilChameleon: Billy Joel is definitely a great inspiration when it comes to learning the piano!

Spiff

love child
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 30, 2023
I just started like two weeks ago homie! I'm fluent with guitar so it's been pretty easy learning so far. I'm learning avril 14th by aphex twin (bad idea I'm suffering) and feather by nujabes. although my goal is to be able to play this someday

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I would LOVE to learn. However, I'm learning-disabled. I have a slower time processing information than most normal people. I don't think I'd be able to learn and understand music very well. Being able to learn the different notes according to what they are on piano keys hurts my brain. :c When I was young, my godparents had a piano, and I was ALWAYS trying to play it. I would literally sit there at the stool thing and expect someone to teach me to play it better too. I really love the way they sound. It's like a music box.

I hear a lot of piano covers on Youtube of my favorite songs though, and I really do want to learn. ;o;

Back