• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Breeding strategies

S-MAN

Banned
Years
So here I am wondering if there are other strategies to breeding other than the one I have created for myself. I see breeding as pretty straightforward but maybe I'm wrong.

Okay so how my strategy works (for chain and IV breeding) is by choosing the best male and female AFTER the moveset has been attained.
Next I start breeding 5-10 candidates (or 1-2 cycles if you will).
Then comparison begins between candidates' and the parents' IV stats via rare candies and note-taking. I'll share with you the format I use. Hell an excel sheet would look nicer but this is quicker:
I made a better scan c:

The highest score earned by the male and female will then be the next set to breed.
The score is determined from the IVs and the needs for those stats.
This process is repeated until I get the results I'm seeking.
Is this how you guys do it? Is there any other methods/ways out there that are perhaps
a little more complex that can yield greater results or something else I should consider
looking at when breeding?

Last edited:
Back