• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger or Conquest - Mega Evolution (deciding on which one)

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
So, I have an idea that can work for either of these. I'm a fan of both and I am definitely interested in making an RP for either.

Basically, it would involve the cliche of, "Evil group comes, heroes and heroines defeat them, yay!"

Ranger

This one would be a little different. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Pokemon Ranger RP. (not that there haven't been any, I just haven't seen them)

It would be taking place in Almia and everybody would start out at the Ranger School for the first arc, taking place a few years after Shadows of Almia. Team Blah Blah will pop up, our rangers will all go become teams of 3 at the ranger base and go on their missions and such.

Team Blah Blah's goal? Leader claims to have spoken to Arceus and claims that Arceus is upset with humans ability to control Pokemon. Going back to the roots of Pokemon to take control, he/she wishes to awaken Primal Groudon and/or Kyogre and the only way to fight back is with Rangers using Mega Evolution.

Yes, I know it's extremely cliche, but these are still very fun to RP through. They can make for some very fun finales and the ranger missions stuff are a great way to incorporate subplots.

I was thinking about having Styler Levels. Maybe having a point system for what you can catch in a post? (i.e. stage 1 Pokemon are worth 1 point, stage 2 are worth 2, stage 3 are worth 3. At level 1 you have 1 point, level 2 you have 3 points, 5 points at 3, etc.)

Not everything is 100% thought out yet obviously, but I think the general idea is there.

Oh yeah, partner Pokemon can evolve and eventually mega-evolve, because that's fun. You know, the only way to take down the Primal Pokemon is to maybe fight them instead of catching them with mega-Pokemon. (no, we can't all be friends)

Conquest

Taking place long after the events of Conquest, Ransei now has 18 kingdoms. (one for fairies and name suggestions are welcome)

Word has spread that a foreign region is having their own conquest. It has reached the ears of Ransei and all of the kingdoms are worried about what will happen. The attacking region has greater technology and typical trainers, meaning that an army of 6 Pokemon per trainer is coming.

The warlord of (The RPers) Kingdom recognizes that the region of Ransei must be unified in order to defend against the incoming attack. The main goal of the first part of the RP will be to conquer the region.

So, this would be split into 2 parts. Part 1 would be mainly consisting of character growth and developing relations. Most of the RPers warriors will most likely evolve along with their Pokemon. The end goal of Part 1 will be to bring Ransei together as 1.

Part 2 will introduce mega-evolution to our characters. Starting with the war going downhill for Ransei, they will unlock the secret to mega-evolution. Seeing that as the only possible way of winning, all of the RPers make it their goal to unlock their own way to mega-evolution.

In all honesty, I like this one better. I've put a little more thought into it.

Thoughts, ideas, questions? Let me know. :D

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Wow, this is a tough one. I might be a little biased when I say this, but I like Pokemon Ranger more than the little that I've seen of Conquest. On the other hand, the story you created for Conquest seems more fun to RP.

Honestly, I think you should do both. Maybe do Conquest first, and then do Rangers in a couple of weeks/months. I can see both of these have a lot of potential.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
Never really got into Conquest but the plot you have for it seems interesting :3

But I'm a sucker for Pokémon Ranger and the plot you have planned for it is a bit over used/done, making it seem not that fun & cliche :/ I like the concept of an Arceus type of "cult" but their claims don't add up because wouldn't the "cult" be using/controlling Pokémon as well? Just rethink it over, especially with the Primal G&K, its like you want all these special qualities but they just don't mix/connect together

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
Wow, this is a tough one. I might be a little biased when I say this, but I like Pokemon Ranger more than the little that I've seen of Conquest. On the other hand, the story you created for Conquest seems more fun to RP.

Honestly, I think you should do both. Maybe do Conquest first, and then do Rangers in a couple of weeks/months. I can see both of these have a lot of potential.

I really enjoyed Conquest. The feudal Japan theme is pretty cool.

I think I mentioned this in the OP, but I see Conquest having a much better shot of working out and coming to a close.

Never really got into Conquest but the plot you have for it seems interesting :3

But I'm a sucker for Pokémon Ranger and the plot you have planned for it is a bit over used/done, making it seem not that fun & cliche :/ I like the concept of an Arceus type of "cult" but their claims don't add up because wouldn't the "cult" be using/controlling Pokémon as well? Just rethink it over, especially with the Primal G&K, its like you want all these special qualities but they just don't mix/connect together

Yeah, this is a clear part I haven't completely thought through.

Then again, didn't Team Plasma do the same thing? They were a rather hypocritical team and I think that was part of the reason why people enjoyed them as an evil team. While they claimed to be fighting for "good" reasons, their hypocrisy helped to make people realize the actual "evil" in the team. (if that makes sense)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Also, I forgot to mention that I said Groudon and Kyogre because I was thinking about how Almia already has a couple of great locations for them.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
The Conquest story grabs my attention a lot more than the Ranger RP. But I'm not sure what our role as RPers will be. Will we each pick a nation and have to forge alliances or conquer other kingdoms so as to solidify our power, will we all be warriors of the same kingdom, or will we all just be warriors but get to pick whichever kingdom we want to fight for?

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
The Conquest story grabs my attention a lot more than the Ranger RP. But I'm not sure what our role as RPers will be. Will we each pick a nation and have to forge alliances or conquer other kingdoms so as to solidify our power, will we all be warriors of the same kingdom, or will we all just be warriors but get to pick whichever kingdom we want to fight for?

The warlord of (The RPers) Kingdom recognizes that the region of Ransei must be unified in order to defend against the incoming attack. The main goal of the first part of the RP will be to conquer the region.

My wording wasn't super awesome, but I think I semi-said it here.

You would all be warriors of the same kingdom. I would most likely accept SUs and in the end pick somebody to be the Warlord. (assuming they want to be)

I think it would be fun if a small group broke off and joined another kingdom for some reason to rebel. Perhaps even have them go rogue until they realize how serious the war is getting.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Hmmm I was curious as well to who are our characters would be. I now understand it better and thus am a bit more intrigued by the Conquest RP more so than the Ranger RP. It'd be pretty cool to RP in the Conquest world and there is a lot more there to work with and come up with exciting events and storylines for it compared to the Rangers RP. Either way I think the one you choose will be a lot of fun and is different compared to the typical journey RP.

Back