• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which game do you recommend?

Years
I'm thinking of getting one of these two games, and just want to know which one do members here think is better? Leaf Green or Fire Red?

Oops, put this in the wrong section sorry so if someone wants to move it........

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I'll move this over to FR/LG. I say LG, I like defense Deoxys better if you do use codes and stuff to get him.
~MOVED~

Years
So is Leaf Green more like the Blue Version and Fire Red more like the red version? E.g whatever Pokemon you can get in Blue that you can't get in red and viser verser, is it the same Pokemon?
What is this defence Deoxy thing?

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
It's one of the four forms of Deoxys (balanced, speed, defense, attack). Deoxys is just another of those new legendary Pokemon that you get through cheating or a NoA event.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Not sure about the exclusives...

The only one that I actually like in FireRed is the cloyster line~

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
Years
Well,if you are looking to complete your dez you would have to get both of them.

I would choose leaf green seeing as there was no english realese.

Ransit

Master Trainer(poison)
Years
have to say leafgreen, better deoxys and slightly better differentials with pokemon in my opinion. but they are basically the same do you like frogs or lizards on the box cover is what it comes down too:)

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2006
I don't know. I think both games are great.I guess I like Fire Red better(in my opinion).

SRV

Years
  • Age 33
  • N.B.
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Ransit said:
do you like frogs or lizards on the box cover is what it comes down too

Not really sure Venusaur is a frog. I've never seen a frog with a tree growing out of it's back, and it doesn't even look like a frog to begin with.

Dragonair-kun

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2007
Pokemon Fire Red, I haven't bought the english version yet, it has Pokemon like Arcanine :0

Back